The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• He is not just the King, he is the beating Heart of this community. ♥

🐤🐥🐣

• edited March 2021

Lookin' like it's gonna be a fun time! The Furby's at the end gave me a good chuckle. I had one in my room as a kid and it was absolutely terrifying. I remember sometimes it would just speak unprompted, thankfully the batteries died off after a while.

I kinda wish the pupils were a little bigger though, but I'll probably get used to it as I watch it.

• Nintendo meets with Mario to discuss future business deals Circa. March 31st, 2021

• The day that comes that will be my last post here

🐤🐥🐣

• This is all Luigi's doing I can feel it. He's tired of being sidelined.

Poogers555 posted: »

Nintendo meets with Mario to discuss future business deals Circa. March 31st, 2021

• where's the mickey thread

• Ah, yeah, I forgot that's coming to Netflix now. (Weird seeing how Sony Pictures Animation is behind this, yet Netflix of all companies is the one releasing it.)

Looks like it could be a pretty entertaining film. Though, hmm, that trailer seemed to spoil some key moments (the dad and his daughter learn to work together in the end).
    Super weirded out by Katie's brother's voice. That's clearly an adult playing a small child.

lupinb0y posted: »

Lookin' like it's gonna be a fun time! The Furby's at the end gave me a good chuckle. I had one in my room as a kid and it was absolutely te

• Though, hmm, that trailer seemed to spoil some key moments (the dad and his daughter learn to work together in the end).

To be fair, it's not exactly a completely unexpected thing to happen.

Super weirded out by Katie's brother's voice. That's clearly an adult playing a small child.

Yeah his voice sounds a little older than he actually is. Fun fact, that's actually the director doing the voice.

AChicken posted: »

Ah, yeah, I forgot that's coming to Netflix now. (Weird seeing how Sony Pictures Animation is behind this, yet Netflix of all companies is t

• edited April 2021

I just finished watching Godzilla vs Kong. As someone who only didn't really like the first Godzilla and King of the Monsters outside of a few scenes, but thoroughly enjoyed Kong: Skull Island, I thought this movie was great. There's a ton of great action, the last act in particular is absolutely incredible, the human characters are a lot more bearable, and things got surprisingly emotional at a point. I mean, not to the point of tears but more of like a "Yeah, I felt that."

I absolutely love how emotive Kong is, he feels like a legitimate character you can understand, it's a great comparison to Godzilla who is purposefully a force of nature. The human characters are, in my opinion, far more bearable in this than in King of the Monsters, at least when it comes to Kong's side of the story. The humans in Godzilla's side of the story are still pretty terrible. Of course there's still some dumb goofy ass shit that doesn't make sense but it isn't taken as seriously as the previous movies so it's fine.

Overall I really enjoyed it. It's a lot of fun, and you get to see big dumb monsters fight each other without a bunch of pesky humans overshadowing things.

• To be fair, it's not exactly a completely unexpected thing to happen.

True, I'd expect the film to resolve the conflict between the two characters, it just seems weird to showcase the big (or one of the big) moments of the climax in the trailer. (the father looks captured in that scene. I'm definitely taking all this out of context, but I'm assuming that takes place in the last act of the film, in a moment where Katie has to listen to her overbearing father -- or something like that)

Yeah his voice sounds a little older than he actually is. Fun fact, that's actually the director doing the voice.

Oh. Wow... um... good for him, I guess? :lol:

lupinb0y posted: »

Though, hmm, that trailer seemed to spoil some key moments (the dad and his daughter learn to work together in the end). To be fair,

• Playing on my new PS3 brings me back to the good old days. It reminded me how gaming used to be best thing in the world for me. But now, it's all trenchcoats and bad decisions.

• Anyone here played Planet Zoo? Does the game offer a way in which I can just make a zoo without worrying about money and the animals dying? Or do I have to actually properly manage things?

• So a bit odd of a question but I am curious about some of you guys who want to get one, has anyone else managed to get a covid shot? I know not all of us are from the us (so I'm sure its different in other places) but I was wondering if anyone else has managed to get a shot before everyone 18+ was able to. I got my first one like 3 days ago now and was wondering if others who wanted it had any luck.

• I have not, nor do I plan on getting one unless it is forced on me (which would be a whole separate issue, but I’m not going to get into it). As many of you know, I had it back in December, I am thankful that nothing came of it. Not so much as a sniffle, and as someone who has asthma, who takes medication for it, and always has trouble breathing when he gets a minor cold, I felt nothing from this respiratory virus. So I don’t see an immediate need to get one. That being said, I do encourage people to get it if they want it and the chance arises, it appears to be safe and will allow us to get back to normal much quicker.

Both my parents and grandmother have, the latter of which has both and my parents one each. My mother has a stint in her heart, asthma, and arthritis, so she not only got hit with Covid bad when she got it, but was able to get a vaccine relatively early. My dad is 63 and also had it, but he came down with flu-like symptoms. When he got the vaccine, he was fine, no side effects, my mom, she was out for almost 36 hours. Exhausted, barely awake, fever, hurting, it was like she had Covid again. Grandmother was fine, no side effects. I’ve also had a lot of people from work get the vaccine, Amazon was outright paying people to get it (time covered if at work to go get it and $40 per shot, sweet deal). My co-manager also got his vaccine due to a heart issue he has, he had a fever and that was it.

So a bit odd of a question but I am curious about some of you guys who want to get one, has anyone else managed to get a covid shot? I know

• I want quick but my country will probably only get to people my age by the summer or later

So a bit odd of a question but I am curious about some of you guys who want to get one, has anyone else managed to get a covid shot? I know

• I have not, but I know a ton of people who have. My grandparents have gotten both their doses, while my brother, mother, and father have gotten one in the last week.

I don't have any medical problems and I'm still young, so I'll probably be among the last to get a dose - maybe May. Crossing my fingers for Pfizer.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

I haven't yet, but I mostly stay home anyway, so I've never been in too much of a risk in catching covid, thankfully. Don't really know what the situation for vaccines in Canada is, but hopefully everyone can get one.

• You guys are getting paid?

I have not, nor do I plan on getting one unless it is forced on me (which would be a whole separate issue, but I’m not going to get into it)

• I'm not, but my associates are. Managers don't get the $40 per shot incentive, only the hourly workers.

You guys are getting paid?

• edited April 2021

I don't have one yet, but I plan to when it opens up for my age range -- even though I'm only in a mostly-safe age range.
    (I'm only 22. Poogs, you aren't that old, how'd you get yours??)

I know of some relatives who've gotten it, my mom got her first shot about 2 months ago and my dad just got his first one last month. (His was the astrozeneca, and while he's doing fine, there are a lot of reports lately of the AZ vaccine having a lot of side-effects, so we hope he'll be unaffected)

We've noticed though that the rollout here in Canada is pretty messed up and disorganized. The radio often announces one age-range number while our local drug stores announce a different one. Plus, there's problems with getting the vaccines into Canada we've been having... It's strange to me how we've had all this time (and plenty of warning about vaccines nearing completion) and it's like no one planned a smooth rollout.

...Damn, amazon can be some mean non-unioners, but actively paying workers 40$ to go and get a shot is pretty cool.

• Yeah rollouts in general have been pretty messy, not so much in less populated areas though, but for most cities it hasn't been the best. (Not really so much actually getting a shot, but more so setting up an appointment.) Eligibility is a bit loosey-goosey state by state and I sort of just found myself in a position that I was able to get it a bit early. Wasn't sure if I was really gonna bother but I figured I'm probably going to get it eventually so might as well just get it now.

I don't have one yet, but I plan to when it opens up for my age range -- even though I'm only in a mostly-safe age range. (I'm only 22. Po

• Where'd all these eggs come from

• And like I said, it's $40 per shot, so people are getting $80 just to get vaccinated, and they don't have to use any of their personal time to do it.

I don't have one yet, but I plan to when it opens up for my age range -- even though I'm only in a mostly-safe age range. (I'm only 22. Po

• I fucking need a minute

• All that time it was up and no one even considered to talk about the potential of Rhys StrongForks. :disappointed:

I fucking need a minute

• I don't know if anyone noticed but this trailer came out today.

It's um... good-looking? I dunno.
    I think I've seen the original Space Jam before, but I don't remember 95% of it, if I have. This looks... like it could maybe be an interesting cash grab? The "Look how many IPs we own" crossover-extravaganza plot is getting old, but if they actually use them for something rather than have them as background set design that'd be neat.

And you can just smell the executive Merchandising decision on this little CGI guy. We could have had just Evil Don Cheadle be the bad guy, but nooo, he's got to have this cute minion on the side too. Something's weirdly off-putting about it, but I can't quite say why. :/

• edited April 2021

The toy company, Kid Robot, is releasing a figure based on Stupid Sexy Flanders.

Look at that fuckin' C A K E.

"Hidely-ho neighbourino! I'm trying to ski but I'm too diddly thicc and the clap from my rumperino might cause an avalanche!"

• Hello people! I found myself reminiscing about my time here on the forum and wondering what on Earth I'm doing here on Earth. It's wholesome ya'll are still here and together, actually. Maybe I already said that last time I popped in to say hi? I can't remember shit.

I wasn't sure about making a post... and then I saw that topic yesterday and couldn't not respond to it, haha.

How is everyone doing? I haven't even been keeping up to date on whatever is happening with Telltale Games.

• Ironically that and the “asking for minecraft season 3” are the most passionate telltale discussions made recently

Also welcome back @psychokinesis

I fucking need a minute

• Yeah. I made the mistake of checking to see what that was. Poor Rocket Racoon.

I fucking need a minute

• Welcome back,always nice to see a friendly face. Telltale's still working on TWAU2 by the way.

Hello people! I found myself reminiscing about my time here on the forum and wondering what on Earth I'm doing here on Earth. It's wholesome

• Hey, how is everyone doing? I haven't been here since 2018 apparently, I think this is when telltale and the forums shut down. The forums feel like a ghost town now but Its nice to see some familiar faces still active. This place will always have a special place in my heart considering how young I was when I first joined and all the countless hours I spent reading and writing here. I've still maintained contact with a few people that I met on these forums but I remember many more who I haven't heard from in years. I hope they are okay. I hope Wolf s2 brings more people back.

• Happy Easter everyone! Hope your days were wonderful <3

• Long time no see, friend! I haven't seen that avatar in a long, long time. Reports of our demise have been greatly exaggerated, we're still here. Quieter, but there's still a heart beat going.

Tolispro posted: »

Hey, how is everyone doing? I haven't been here since 2018 apparently, I think this is when telltale and the forums shut down. The forums fe

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited April 2021

Hey bud. Yes, that topic was quite interesting.

Reminiscing is always a trip. We got a mostly peaceful group here, still churning. Wolf 2 is supposed be happening...some time in the near future? Hopefully it's soon because there isn't much else to talk about. That's the vibe.

Hello people! I found myself reminiscing about my time here on the forum and wondering what on Earth I'm doing here on Earth. It's wholesome

• Sad times. TT Games (not our TT Games) has delayed the Lego Skywalker Saga indefinitely for the time being. Hmmm

• Ahhh psychooo.
    How are ya doing buddy? Welcome back.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Demon Easter bunny?

• edited April 2021

Something's weirdly off-putting about it, but I can't quite say why.

Is it because of the edges around his eyes that make him look kinda old, or like E.T.

I don't know if anyone noticed but this trailer came out today. It's um... good-looking? I dunno. I think I've seen the original Sp

Sign in to comment in this discussion.