Do You Want "Next Time On" Screens for TWAU 2?

The next episode previews from Telltale is something I really missed during TFS. But now, since Telltale will be developing the full game before the first episode releases from know on, I think there's a huge possibillity we'll be getting these "Next Time On ____" screens again. Especially if all episodes aren't released simultaneously. Would you guys wanna see these previews return? Whether your answer is yes or no, I'd really like to here why.

Tagged:

Comments

• Why would I say no?

• Idk, some people don't like to see previews cause it spoils the next episode for them i guess?

Ghetsis posted: »

Why would I say no?

• They can add a skip option.

Kolton587 posted: »

Idk, some people don't like to see previews cause it spoils the next episode for them i guess?

• I don't know. Personally, I'm more of a fan of "Previously on X" than "Next time on X" just because of the fact that it helps refresh your memory due to not having the episodes available all at the same time, but I understand liking speculation for the future episodes. Maybe go with an option to have either, both, or none? I like the concept of them, but if you're like me and like playing telltale games in one sitting, it gets annoying going from "Next time" to "Last time" everytime you play/replay a series. Either way, it's not a deal-breaker for me.

• I'm not really for it, I think the budget to build an environment(s) for a Next Time segment could be better utilized for working on the actual Episode, that is if Telltale plans on doing an Episodic release, they're still undecided though.

I'd love a peek into what lies next, though I'm content going in blind, that's just me though. If it is something they bring back, then alright, brilliant, but it's not something I particularly miss.

• I dont really think budget would be an issue at that point, as environments, voice lines, animations, etc would be finished at that point seeing how the whole game will be finished before release. So if it was just a straight forward "next time" I think they'd be fine. Next times were really only a budget waste before because a lot of it was scrapping together and creating new assets specifically for the next time that 9 times out of 10 didn't even make it next episode, thus a complete waste of money.

If they are added, I do hope they add a skip button, especially if it drops all at once. But if drops all at once I don't think they'd bother doing it at all.

I'm not really for it, I think the budget to build an environment(s) for a Next Time segment could be better utilized for working on the act

• Yeah I went for a snooze and saw your comment, I agree with you, when I typed it out I was wrongly thinking of Old Telltale's development cycle, like it's not even applicable to the conversation so I've no idea why I brought it up.

I don't mind the Next Time sequences, if there's no pressure or strain whatsoever to add them in, I think go for it, but if they were not present, I'd be alright with it. But yeah I agree with you, I wasn't sure why I applied an irrelevant development cycle to this one, my apologies.

Poogers555 posted: »

I dont really think budget would be an issue at that point, as environments, voice lines, animations, etc would be finished at that point se

Sign in to comment in this discussion.