The Game Awards 2021 - Awards? I Meant Ads. Pre-Show 4:30 PM PST, Main Show 5 PM PST December 9th

Comments

• I- I beg you Telltale. I beg.

• edited December 2021

I just tuned in... they're seriously giving away awards already in the pre-show?! Get out of here with that TGA's... shame on you.

Edit: okay at least they can do a little speech

• telltale website is completely pimped out now

• I dont think it is a smart strategy to market 2 games in the same show

dojo32161 posted: »

Probably not, this honestly raises chances of seeing Wolf in the main show.

• They do that every year

AChicken posted: »

I just tuned in... they're seriously giving away awards already in the pre-show?! Get out of here with that TGA's... shame on you. Edit: okay at least they can do a little speech

• ALSO FINALLY I CAN USE THIS FUCKING GIF WITH THE BEST CONTEXT EVER

• Same

Poogers555 posted: »

I- I beg you Telltale. I beg.

• also Telltale twitter is all decked out in Expanse stuff so- probs no wolf :(

• How are they gonna make choices matter if this has characters from the show? Is it an alternative storyline or something

• Clearly the Expanse is just the appetiser and they're saving Wolf 2 as the dessert right? RIGHT???

• they're saving Wolf 2 as the dessert right? RIGHT???

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

lupinb0y posted: »

Clearly the Expanse is just the appetiser and they're saving Wolf 2 as the dessert right? RIGHT???

• Well, looks like I will have a new show I’ll need to watch. But partnering with Deck Nine, red flags are popping up everywhere.

My question is, is this in the tv show universe or the book universe. If the show, will it have characters and actors from the show?

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited December 2021

I wouldn't worry too much about Deck Nine, their problems were always writing wise. The MC does seem to be a character from the series/books.

Well, looks like I will have a new show I’ll need to watch. But partnering with Deck Nine, red flags are popping up everywhere. My questi

• I think we can maybe? get a teaser? I think Telltale knows all eyes are on Wolf and I really, really dont think they are just unaware that going "HEY NEW GAME!" while everyone's waiting for Wolf 2 wouldn't make people kind of- not confused but, idk confused maybe.

I think Telltale swapping their whole twitter to the expanse is probably the bad sign. If this was announced and then the twitter stayed the same I'd say I'd be very positive for Wolf 2, but now outlook is probs lower I'd say.

Box Tv posted: »

I dont think it is a smart strategy to market 2 games in the same show

• edited December 2021

Looks like it'll be the tv universe. The woman in the trailer is a character from the show apparently.

Well, looks like I will have a new show I’ll need to watch. But partnering with Deck Nine, red flags are popping up everywhere. My questi

• Also, Telltale updated the main page of the site, and, absolutely savage.

The new Telltale uses a distributed development model. Our new workflow is based around sustainable business practices.

• Thanks guys for the info

• edited December 2021

Damn. Savage indeed.

I only hope the system works and they don't spread themselves too thin again.

Also original IP pleeease. I'm already getting PTSD with how this ended last time.

Also, Telltale updated the main page of the site, and, absolutely savage. The new Telltale uses a distributed development model. Our new workflow is based around sustainable business practices.

• You love to see it

Also, Telltale updated the main page of the site, and, absolutely savage. The new Telltale uses a distributed development model. Our new workflow is based around sustainable business practices.

• Well uh I'm happy to be back...and painfully confused. I have no idea what an expanse is but...please be a telltale game and not a LIS-like.

• That last part cannot be stressed enough.

Well uh I'm happy to be back...and painfully confused. I have no idea what an expanse is but...please be a telltale game and not a LIS-like.

• edited December 2021

The Expanse is sci, nothing like LIS

Well uh I'm happy to be back...and painfully confused. I have no idea what an expanse is but...please be a telltale game and not a LIS-like.

• Nice of Geoff Keighly to address the recent controversies in the industry.

• Thank fuckin' God 12 Minutes didn't win lmao.

• I mean how it plays. I want timed dialog trees and QTE action set pieces.

The Expanse is sci, nothing like LIS

• Did they say any more information about the game?

• This is all very weird and a bit confusing. I do hope we get at least an update on Wolf 2 while we are here but like I said earlier, would be super weird to update their Twitter and the site now if this wasn't it. Guess I need a bit of time to process it and learn more as I really don't think any of us were expecting Telltale to announce a new gam. So hoping Wolf 2 still shows up and that Telltale's strategy with 2 games works out instead of the old Telltale's.

• Only a short plot synopsis and three screenshots.

In the near future on the outskirts of the asteroid belt, a bloody mutiny breaks loose on the Artemis. You take the role of XO Camina Drummer, where your choices determine the fate of the ship. What will you do with the truth, Bosmang?

Did they say any more information about the game?

• What am I watching?

• Yeah, I am nervous, but the strategy seems to be collabing with other studios to lift burdens, which is interesting.

This is all very weird and a bit confusing. I do hope we get at least an update on Wolf 2 while we are here but like I said earlier, would b

• The fact that both games are collaborations rather than solely Telltale probably helps spread out the workload.

This is all very weird and a bit confusing. I do hope we get at least an update on Wolf 2 while we are here but like I said earlier, would b

• edited December 2021

It's been rumoured for so long but it's nice to finally see Star Wars: Eclipse announced. Also nice to finally get a game set in the High Republic. I hope to God that David Cage has little to no involvement with the writing though.

• A new Star Wars game, Eclipse. Okay, I’m interested. I don’t know anything about the High Republic era (will need to ask my SW nerd friend), but I’ll be keeping an eye on it.

• “We’re running out of programs to port Skyrim to.”

Listen, until I can play it on my vacuum, I still say you have more to go.

• Wooooo Wonder Woman!

• Wooooo Big Vampire Lady!

• THEY'RE DOING IT

ALAN WAKE 2 AHHHHHHHHHHH

• WOOOOO ALAN WAKE 2

• edited December 2021

I get Sonic is a video game character, but really, a movie trailer at the Game Award? Also, am I like the only person that doesn’t find Jim Carrey all that funny.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.