The Game Awards 2021 - Awards? I Meant Ads. Pre-Show 4:30 PM PST, Main Show 5 PM PST December 9th

Comments

• Given that there seems to be a massive lack of Returnal in the nominations (I've heard it was a fantastic, impressive PS5 game), them getting this Action game win is cool

• Very true, but that doesn't really change that it is money being spent on multiple projects so it is all a bit worrying. Wolf 2 on its own already seemed like it would be a risky release that may fail, so hopefully like I was saying earlier we will still see Wolf 2 at this show because it would be somewhat close to being completed before having 2 games in mid-dev like old Telltale was doing.

Obviously what do I know about game dev and game dev budget truly, but it seriously reminds me so much of old Telltale which we all know big IP doesn't equal smash hit.

Either way, always for the best to just be patient and not to judge something we can't truly be judging yet.

lupinb0y posted: »

The fact that both games are collaborations rather than solely Telltale probably helps spread out the workload.

• edited December 2021

Remember how a lot of 2018 telltale employees said they thought TWAU2 would be cancelled due to there not being an audience/not enough money to be made?

I'm wondering if they're releasing Expanse to get an income pipeline/stability before releasing TWAU2.

Poogers555 posted: »

Very true, but that doesn't really change that it is money being spent on multiple projects so it is all a bit worrying. Wolf 2 on its own a

• Well again that would be Telltale hoping that big IP = success. GOTG was a big IP too and even had a movie releasing at the exact same time and that lost them who knows how much money. So I would hope this would more so mean Wolf 2 is close to being finished rather than making another game in-between in hopes for better sales and budget for the game they announced 2 years before. So I would personally hope that isn't the case because that would be peak old Telltale of wondering why all the money is disappearing.

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

Remember how a lot of 2018 telltale employees said they thought TWAU2 would be cancelled due to there not being an audience/not enough money

• edited December 2021

Yeah it definitely brings back old Telltale memories which makes me wary. But at least we know they're getting Amazon money so they probably won't go bankrupt anytime soon. Probably.

Very true, but that doesn't really change that it is money being spent on multiple projects so it is all a bit worrying. Wolf 2 on its own a

• edited December 2021

I wonder if Bruner said the same thing about the Marvel and Netflix bucks

(Well maybe not Netflix cuz I think he was gone by now but you know what I mean- basically Telltale X Bruner House Collab when?)

I dont wanna be cynical because it sucks being like that, but idk just as a fan of Telltale it just gives me history repeating vibes, so lets hope not and then in like 2 hours we all feel dumb

Yeah it definitely brings back old Telltale memories which makes me wary. But at least we know they're getting Amazon money so they probably won't go bankrupt anytime soon. Probably.

• Well it probably didn't help that Telltale under Bruner kept rebooting productions and wasting resources.

As for Netflix didn't they pull out their funding because Telltale broke an NDA?

I wonder if Bruner said the same thing about the Marvel and Netflix bucks (Well maybe not Netflix cuz I think he was gone by now but you

• edited December 2021

A-a-also AdHoc Studio liked the Expanse announcement on Twitter so-so uh that means they are watching ha...ha...

They literally are never active on Twitter so hahaha

I refuse to give up

• Huh, first time I really like a music performance at one of these.

• The fact that we dont know the release date for any of the games is very weird

• Cuphead... That game brought me within an inch of total insanity, I still haven't completed it, but I don't think I have it in me to go back and get destroyed hundreds of times :joy:

• SONIC: BREATH OF THE WILD

• Yeah I don't know what Telltale was doing with Netflix and NDA breaking. Like it leaked, but then Telltale just started tweeting about it, I think that's why that fell apart so bad and why they got in trouble in the first place, not the actual fact it leaked, but because Telltale confirmed it. No idea why Telltale did that like sure it leaked, but you aren't suppose to just go "Yup is real" before talking to your partner like that.

Well it probably didn't help that Telltale under Bruner kept rebooting productions and wasting resources. As for Netflix didn't they pull out their funding because Telltale broke an NDA?

• I am digging these devs' accent. Iz so French!

• Kahlief Adams speaking loud and proud on issues that matter :heart:

• I've seen him speak out about various games controversies when it happens, cool to see him featured here.
    Not so cool from Facebook Gaming. Bleh.

Kahlief Adams speaking loud and proud on issues that matter

• Deck Nine collab or not, seeing “A Telltale Series” under a new IP makes me indescribably happy

• Welp. More reason for me to check out the Guardians game when I've got time this holiday.

Congrats to them

• Wild to see Guardians of the Galaxy win Best Narrative, but honestly pretty well deserved. Its a legitimately well written game.

• Tchia lookin' really cute. Was definitely not expecting combat lol.

• Also Alan Wake 2 man

I’m so hyped

Cocoa2736 posted: »

Deck Nine collab or not, seeing “A Telltale Series” under a new IP makes me indescribably happy

• Kill the Justice League lookin' cool. Like if the Avengers game had good gameplay.

• I think this was featured in a State of Play earlier this year.

Looks adorable and I love how it's featuring a geographic culture that probably hasn't had any, at all, informative representation in games,

Tchia lookin' really cute. Was definitely not expecting combat lol.

• Yeah I remember seeing it before but I don't remember if they showed off any combat.

AChicken posted: »

I think this was featured in a State of Play earlier this year. Looks adorable and I love how it's featuring a geographic culture that probably hasn't had any, at all, informative representation in games,

• Also, about one hour left and can we honestly say we've seen even one of these "5 Elden Ring-like Reveals?"

• edited December 2021

Alan Wake 2 and Star Wars: Eclipse could be considered part of the big reveals. They are pretty big. Maybe even Telltale's Expanse.

Also, about one hour left and can we honestly say we've seen even one of these "5 Elden Ring-like Reveals?"

• edited December 2021

Wasn't Alan Wake 2 announced almost a year ago now though? For some reason I remember like, very clearly only like a month ago seeing Max Payne man talking about AW2

Alan Wake 2 and Star Wars: Eclipse could be considered part of the big reveals. They are pretty big. Maybe even Telltale's Expanse.

• Alan Wake 2 hasn't been a thing till now.

There was a tease at the end of a Control DLC, but Remedy haven't said a peep about a new Alan Wake for years.

Wasn't Alan Wake 2 announced almost a year ago now though? For some reason I remember like, very clearly only like a month ago seeing Max Payne man talking about AW2

• edited December 2021

wait why is Will Arnett in a Borderlands game

wait Andy Samberg is in it too

• Yes, Wonderlands

• Nope. They did a little tease for SOMETHING at the end of the Control AWE DLC but that's about it. This is the first we're hearing of Alan Wake 2.

• I definitely wouldn't count anything during Pre-show

• Is the pre-show not part of the actual show?

dojo32161 posted: »

I definitely wouldn't count anything during Pre-show

• It sort of is, but it's more so a place to put the more minor trailers and awards.

Is the pre-show not part of the actual show?

• edited December 2021

i think we've found the game for @MetallicaRules

METAL HELLSINGER

• Oh hell yes, I am interested in whatever the hell this is. Trivium, Arch Enemy, Lamb of God, fuck yeah!!!!

• edited December 2021

DAMN FUCKING STRAIGHT YOU DID! GREATEST REVEAL OF THE NIGHT RIGHT THERE BITCHES!

AChicken posted: »

i think we've found the game for @MetallicaRules METAL HELLSINGER

• 2 Telltale Space Games - No Wolf

Guess this was Kent Mundle's game? Not sure who is actually involved I didnt see any logos, but good for him!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.