The Game Awards 2021 - Awards? I Meant Ads. Pre-Show 4:30 PM PST, Main Show 5 PM PST December 9th

Comments

• Telltale Star Trek????!?!? UH sure okay! Why not! I'll take this!

• edited December 2021

WHAT

Fml Bruner's involved

• That wasn't Telltale though. Thankfully.

WOLF 2
    I SUMMON YOU
    WOLF 2

Poogers555 posted: »

2 Telltale Space Games - No Wolf Guess this was Kent Mundle's game? Not sure who is actually involved I didnt see any logos, but good for him!

• ...It was apparently Bruner's game.
    https://www.brunerhouse.com/

2 Telltale Space Games - No Wolf Guess this was Kent Mundle's game? Not sure who is actually involved I didnt see any logos, but good for him!

• HE CANT KEEP GETTING A FUCKING WAY WITH IT

dojo32161 posted: »

...It was apparently Bruner's game. https://www.brunerhouse.com/

• (Saw that Mundle confirmed he is involved though, for a second I thought it was Kevin just taking credit as always lol. idk weird timeline we are in)

• You know, I was riding high with that metal game, why did this have to go and ruin my night. Fuck you Bruner.

• ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ WOLF 2 COME ON BAYBEEEEEE

AChicken posted: »

That wasn't Telltale though. Thankfully. WOLF 2 I SUMMON YOU WOLF 2

• Looks like he's gonna be... doing the same thing again. Big IP. Same choice-based formula.

ok

• WHERE IS HE

This is the strangest timeline man. Telltale Expanse instead of Wolf 2 then followed by Kevin Bruner return

• YEEAAAHHH PLAGUE TALE

• Well now I'm fucking bummed. It actually looked like what i wanted from telltale. But I really don't want to support Bruner. God this sucks.

• So Kent Mundle is working on Stark Trek, so I am assuming a few other Telltale devs are as well.

How awkward must that be? Everyone was talking mad shit about Bruner and now he's their boss again

• For some reason I'm confused and not at all hyped that Senua is getting a sequel, but I'm SUPER on board for another Plague Tale.

dang next-gen consoles :anguished:

lupinb0y posted: »

YEEAAAHHH PLAGUE TALE

• please tell me that we're getting the wolf among us and that this is just a really bad joke

• Uh...I'm conflicted. haha this sucks

So Kent Mundle is working on Stark Trek, so I am assuming a few other Telltale devs are as well. How awkward must that be? Everyone was talking mad shit about Bruner and now he's their boss again

• So after going through the absolute hell of working under Bruner, he decided to do it again?

That’s like returning to your ex after he half-heartedly apologized for beating you. This will not end well.

So Kent Mundle is working on Stark Trek, so I am assuming a few other Telltale devs are as well. How awkward must that be? Everyone was talking mad shit about Bruner and now he's their boss again

• edited December 2021

So Imagine Dragons is there but not because of Netflix's Arcane?
    That's a surprise.

edit: Nevermind

• Gonna need a lot more info on NOT Telltale star trek. Bruner's a piece of shit but more clarification would help.

• He had something planned all night, and we never knew

• Weird to hear imagine dragons singing one of my favorite game’s soundtrack but ok

• edited December 2021

The worst part is that Telltale brand received much more hate than Burner after the bankruptcy. This new Telltale will probably receive more hate than Burner's new company.

So after going through the absolute hell of working under Bruner, he decided to do it again? That’s like returning to your ex after he half-heartedly apologized for beating you. This will not end well.

• edited December 2021

20+ ex telltale devs are part of Dramatic labs. JEEEEEZ...

• I'm glad they're putting the accessibility award in the actual event and as one of the big ones

• Did they not do that last year?

This is great though

I'm glad they're putting the accessibility award in the actual event and as one of the big ones

• DUDE

LITTERAL Thanos "Could not live with your failure" moment what the FUCK. That is just crazy to me, everyone blaming him for this and then everyone just goes back?

20+ ex telltale devs are part of Dramatic labs. JEEEEEZ...

• edited December 2021

Yeah it was created for the event last year and was won by TLoU2. Nice to see it become a mainstay thing.

Did they not do that last year? This is great though

• The Catholic in me believes in second chances and in the power of forgiveness.

The cynic in me believes these people are idiots for taking Bruner at his word.

DUDE LITTERAL Thanos "Could not live with your failure" moment what the FUCK. That is just crazy to me, everyone blaming him for this and then everyone just goes back?

• I remember that, I'm just unsure if it was presented on stage last year.

Glad they're sticking with it. Devs need to see that it's valuable and needed.

Yeah it was created for the event last year and was won by TLoU2. Nice to see it become a mainstay thing.

• "Idiots" is harsh. But its certainly a headscratcher...

The Catholic in me believes in second chances and in the power of forgiveness. The cynic in me believes these people are idiots for taking Bruner at his word.

• edited December 2021

I'm not saying no one deserves a second chance, I just think it is insane that when Telltale fell so many Telltale staff said Bruner really just put everyone in a bad place and yet 20 people with at least one known who openly talked poorly of him all go back?

Also wouldn't say going back makes you an idiot, I mean we are also on the outside, far as we know the whole Bruner narrative may not be as bad as it sounds, or simply the majority of those 20 people never had a problem before and don't now. Also doesn't get into people simply needing a job or wanting to just make another Telltale like game. It is just really bonkers to see this as I dont think anyone's bingo was "Bruner House actually has a ton of Telltale Allum"

The Catholic in me believes in second chances and in the power of forgiveness. The cynic in me believes these people are idiots for taking Bruner at his word.

• Seems like more of a collaboration than it is Bruner House had them. But still...

I'm not saying no one deserves a second chance, I just think it is insane that when Telltale fell so many Telltale staff said Bruner really

• "Dramatic Labs is an independent collaboration of 20+ former Telltale writers, developers, designers, artists, and producers. Together with new friends and partners we are creating all new stories you can play." HM HMMMMM...

Seems like more of a collaboration than it is Bruner House had them. But still...

• LMAO I just saw Josef Fares point at his camera and smash his fists together.

Arkane's not making it off that stage.

• It Takes Two got robbed lmao. I like Deathloop a lot but Josef Fares should have gotten the win here.

LMAO I just saw Josef Fares point at his camera and smash his fists together. Arkane's not making it off that stage.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited December 2021

If people criticize the new Telltale for the shortcomings of previous Telltale's leadership, I hope at least people are consistent with their scrutiny over Bruner's new studio.

DUDE LITTERAL Thanos "Could not live with your failure" moment what the FUCK. That is just crazy to me, everyone blaming him for this and then everyone just goes back?

• I was rooting for Psychonauts 2

It Takes Two got robbed lmao. I like Deathloop a lot but Josef Fares should have gotten the win here.

• edited December 2021

Good joke Blind, but you are expecting people to look into anything before they say something on it instead of just seeing "TELLTALE LOGO?!?!?!"

If people criticize the new Telltale for the shortcomings of previous Telltale's leadership, I hope at least people are consistent with their scrutiny over Bruner's new studio.

• What a twist. One of the Elden Ring reveals was Elden Ring itself.

• Elden Ring Pot thing, Elden Ring Trailer, Elden Ring most anticipated, only 2 more times Geoff!

(Seriously though, unless something happens in the next 15 minutes this has probably been one of the worst "Geoff over hypes the game awards" so far)

What a twist. One of the Elden Ring reveals was Elden Ring itself.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.