The Game Awards 2021 - Awards? I Meant Ads. Pre-Show 4:30 PM PST, Main Show 5 PM PST December 9th

Comments

• What the hell are those songs/artists?

• WOOOOO MALAYSIAAAAAAAAAA

• Poogers555 posted: »

Elden Ring Pot thing, Elden Ring Trailer, Elden Ring most anticipated, only 2 more times Geoff! (Seriously though, unless something happens in the next 15 minutes this has probably been one of the worst "Geoff over hypes the game awards" so far)

• I can always rely on Dojo for bringing the truly best topical memes. Thank you for this.

dojo32161 posted: »

... https://twitter.com/hatty__/status/1469142007310426116

• I am at my end. I beg you Telltale. Please show me Bigby. I am trying my best to summon him but all we've summed is Kevin Bruner.

• Did we draw the summoning circle wrong?!

Poogers555 posted: »

I am at my end. I beg you Telltale. Please show me Bigby. I am trying my best to summon him but all we've summed is Kevin Bruner.

• At this point I really am expecting Gearbox TFTBL2 with Vaughn shitting his pants

lupinb0y posted: »

Did we draw the summoning circle wrong?!

• Instructions unclear, a hyper realistic Bloody Mary with bleeding eyes is crawling out of my computer screen :astonished:

Did we draw the summoning circle wrong?!

• So this is the final reveal.

Geoff must've been high as shit when he said "5 super hyped reveals" I am legit having trouble thinking of any new reveals that would fall under that, and I don't even mean that in a snarky kind of way. I seriously can't think of what was revealed here that could be comparable to what he said.

• You're saying like that's a bad thing :wink:

Instructions unclear, a hyper realistic Bloody Mary with bleeding eyes is crawling out of my computer screen

• edited December 2021

What a waste of time.

• edited December 2021

I always like how they smoothly transition between game themes. I wonder how difficult it is to make the transitions sound so seamless live on stage especially since the genres are so different.

• edited December 2021

OH SHIT IT TAKES TWO

Honestly well deserved. It's an incredibly well put together and fun as hell game with a pretty well written story, even if do have some gripes with the ending. Congrat to Josef Fares!

• woah there, i'm not into that kind of torture :flushed:

You're saying like that's a bad thing

• FUCK THE OSCARS
    PRAISE THE GAME AWARDS

JOSEF FARES WINS IT ALL

• As always I had fun watching it and discussing it live with ya'll. A bit disappointed there was no Wolf 2 but it was a nice surprise to see another Telltale game instead lol. Hopefully that turns out alright.

• Forgot to watch the TGAs. Lol. My bad.

The Expanse? I know what the show is, but this is a weird choice. Maybe it'll be good I don't know.

• edited December 2021

A bit disappointed there was no Wolf 2 but it was a nice surprise to see another Telltale game instead lol. Hopefully that turns out alright

Well I guess that is the only thing I am happy about from This Game Awards. Still glad I didn't watch this 3 hour show. Lol ugh I think Telltale game is refreshing again. Hopefully it is good. Cause there's literally nothing good next year other than Halo Infinite stuff. Anything else? Nope I can't seem to think of one other than Dying light 2.

Like I am sure Dying Light 2 is going to be good l. Might check that out. Cause choices and consequences! YES,PLS!

As always I had fun watching it and discussing it live with ya'll. A bit disappointed there was no Wolf 2 but it was a nice surprise to see another Telltale game instead lol. Hopefully that turns out alright.

• Not gonna lie, it's really funny that every other space property got a game announcement and Mass Effect was nowhere to be found.

• "I used to think that my life was a tragedy. But now I realize, it’s a comedy."

Not gonna lie, it's really funny that every other space property got a game announcement and Mass Effect was nowhere to be found.

• Ugh I know. Seems like that isn't going to announced until E3 next year

I can't find anywhere on YouTube. So looks like it didn't come out with no news about it in this year's Game Awards

Not gonna lie, it's really funny that every other space property got a game announcement and Mass Effect was nowhere to be found.

• Seems there is a minor Wolf update in the News section:

Let’s talk about The Wolf Among Us 2 for a second…

Back in December of 2019, we revealed TWAU2 going into pre-production. The team is hard at work, but you may have noticed we did not have anything new to say about it for The Game Awards.

We know that you, our fans, have been incredibly patient and supportive. We also know that you’ve got a BUNCH of questions about what’s happening at Telltale (and in Fabletown) — we see them every day in social media.

Good news is that we will be able to answer some of your questions soon…

• Seems like they address this in the News section:

https://www.telltale.com/telltale-announces-the-expanse-a-telltale-series-the-wolf-among-us-2-update/

You might be asking: “How does this impact production of other Telltale games?” It doesn’t. We built the new Telltale around the principles of a distributed production model. Back in 2019, we addressed this – and more – with GameDaily.biz. Jamie Ottilie, Telltale CEO puts it this way: “We are applying modern production methodologies to the overall structure of the company. We are building a focused and talented team internally, and we will support that by partnering with the right companies and individuals on a per project basis.” In short, we want to provide the creative empowerment for other voices to craft Telltale stories.

Deck Nine Games is one of those right partners. They know the value of great narrative and how to deliver it. More important, we couldn’t be prouder to work side-by-side with them to bring James S. A. Corey’s amazing series to gamers.

Very true, but that doesn't really change that it is money being spent on multiple projects so it is all a bit worrying. Wolf 2 on its own a

• edited December 2021

You all shouldn't shit on the show just because they didn't announce anything about your furry game.

• I really hope The Wolf 2 comes first, I dont think it is a good idea to release the expanse first

• edited December 2021

I am thinking that this is a teaser just like Wolf got a teaser in 2019. Which means that TWAU2 is much more advanced and we will get a full trailer for it early next year. I am confident that is it! Specially because of the message Telltale left.

• Time to break down the night, mark my highlights

Congrats to It Takes Two for getting 3 awards including GOTY. Metroid Dread for Best Action/Adventure. Returnal for Best Action. Kena Bridge of Spirits for Indie. Life is Strange True Colours for Accessibility. Big Vampire Lady Maggie Robertson for best Performance. Forza Horizon 5 for best Audio (me like vroom vroom). and Marvel’s GOTG for best Narrative.

TUNIC Release Date Cute.

TTG's Expanse Trailer Ooh new partnership. Don't spread yourself too thin, TTG.

Star Wars Eclipse (Yay for Star Wars action. Cautious for Quantic Dream)

ALAN WAKE II THE RETURN. I CAN'T BELIEVE ITS HAPPENING.

Cuphead D.L.C. Love the title. Love the trailer.

Somerville Teaser Trailer Still don't really know what this is, but it's cool.

Tchia Trailer 2 It's also cute. Gimme.

Sonic Frontiers Kinda weird after they shut down similar fan-made concepts, but it still looks neat.

Plague Tale 2 YES They're doing more!

Metal Hellsinger Well that was... a lot... But also kinda cool.

that new Star Trek Cool that it's Star Trek. Weird that it's Kevin Bruner.

EMERGENCY MEETING CALLED Cool that's it's VR. Weird that it's "Meta Quest"

Halo TV Series Trailer Surprised there's already a teaser. But where's the aliens?

• edited December 2021

Glad to see Telltale actually let people know what is going on with Wolf 2 right away rather than just leaving it in the dark for who knows how long. I don't think that Game Informer thing will really be that though, I'm sure it will be good for learning more about stuff behind the scenes but I doubt we'd get new Wolf images or a proper update, that'll probably just be saved until later next year.

Will say seems like a bit of a repeat of Batman Shadows and Wolf 2 from 2019. Could've easily went "Hey here's Batman!" and then transitioned into Wolf 2 reveal for a double whammy. If we can expect a big update early next year, I don't see why they wouldn't show The Expanse and then show a teaser of Wolf 2 that could be just 10 seconds long showing off whatever new Bigby design I'd assume they'd have by now and then cut to "Full Reveal Spring 2022" or whatever rather than then make a blog post afterwards saying the same thing.

Not doing a double thing like that I feel causes some confusion. New Telltale isn't really established yet so I would think it would be best to make what you are doing the most clear when your audience is at its largest.

Either way, glad there is a lot more clarity on this, and it does seem that Wolf 2 may release next year so it is closer to release, so hopefully that means no old Telltale "2 large games at the same time" production.

• "and we promise to have something else you can really sink your teeth into early next year! " This makes me believe we will get a trailer for TWAU2 early next year.

• Alan Wake 2 and The Expanse made the game awards for me. Would’ve been nice to get Wolf S2 but I’m happy

• Life is Strange True Colours for Accessibility

That's Forza Horizon 5. True Colors award is "Games for Impact."

AChicken posted: »

Time to break down the night, mark my highlights Congrats to It Takes Two for getting 3 awards including GOTY. Metroid Dread for Best Act

• Anyway - Still have this from last year and I think it sums up not just the Telltale confusion we had with Expanse, Wolf, and Bruner's return, but VGAs as a whole

• It's nice to know that we at least finally seem to be nearing the end game in regards to the Wolf 2 drought.

• Dojo, please say a random day in March 2022 because if we all believe it to be, then it will be.

It's nice to know that we at least finally seem to be nearing the end game in regards to the Wolf 2 drought.

• Clearly F17 Uhhhhh... March 23rd

• Thank you, Dojo. Thank you for willing this into existence I am sure this will be 100% accurate and correct. Love ya man. <3

Clearly F17 Uhhhhh... March 23rd

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited December 2021

Glad to see Telltale actually let people know what is going on with Wolf 2 right away rather than just leaving it in the dark for who knows how long. I don't think that Game Informer thing will really be that though, I'm sure it will be good for learning more about stuff behind the scenes but I doubt we'd get new Wolf images or a proper update, that'll probably just be saved until later next year.

Hmmm... they do seem to have hyped up Wolf while mention Game Informer in this Tweet. So not impossible on getting decent news.

Glad to see Telltale actually let people know what is going on with Wolf 2 right away rather than just leaving it in the dark for who knows

• "Rising from the ashes to take their place in gaming royalty again, Telltale Games is back..."

• Def not impossible, but reading the article it sounds like it will be much more about "How has it been trying to get restarted, what are you doing differently," and stuff like that. Mostly because it says really sink your teeth into for something after Game Informer, which makes me think best we will get is "development going smoothly and we are toying with some ideas" and if we are really lucky a more solid timeline of when to expect something like a proper reveal trailer. Just based on what they wrote here, I don't see us getting something like a screenshot. Would love if they did but I don't seem them doing that. At least it won't be much longer until we get a true update, would've really sucked if the Wolf 2 update today was "uh... hang in there!"

Glad to see Telltale actually let people know what is going on with Wolf 2 right away rather than just leaving it in the dark for who knows

• new game by toyama, new alan wake, new star wars game and w40k space marines 2 are all pretty fuckin hype imo. definitely elden ring tier

So this is the final reveal. Geoff must've been high as shit when he said "5 super hyped reveals" I am legit having trouble thinking of a

Sign in to comment in this discussion.