Snow: "I know what this is. I've seen it before."

Is there more to Snow's response to Crane?

When Crane pathetically declares his love for Snow, she responds: "You don't love me, Crane. I know what this is. I've seen it before. It is not love." She may simply mean that he's not the first creepy stalker she's had to deal with, but when I heard the line I thought there was more to it. Is there something to do with fables or magic that might have put Crane under an enchantment and made him believe he was in love?

Comments

• edited December 2021

Lines like that honestly confuse me a tad, but I do know that she was in fact held captive by the Seven Dwarves for obvious reasons, hence why Beauty got concerned about how she was actually told about what Crane had been doing. Granted, it's ambiguous how much he actually was cognizant of that and the fact that he had an apparently cut line about how they(whether he means him & Snow in his hrad or him & Lily in a possible early draft is kinda unclear) had something special goes weirdly with what he says in the club.

So I guess in the best way to fit that with his deal, she meant that he was probably in love with the idea of rescuing and BEING with her rather than actually loving Snow herself. I mean, that photo,while mercifully SFW, did look a bit too skeevy given where his hand and he was pretty hostile even by stressed out Tsundere standards towards her at the beginning of the game.

Plus, from what I've gathered, Ichabod Crane is actually kinda like that in the source material: a high strung, kinda self serving teacher who evidently talks himself up in hopes of getting with some girl who's implied to be a younger or at least more refined than him.

• If I remember well, she has been assaulted by the Seven Dwarves in the past so it's not the first time she's had the misfortune of being abused under the pretext of "love"

• there was no pretext of love there though, it was blatant sexual slavery

I don't think there's anything magical or special to this line, she's just an attractive woman who's lived hundreds of years and has had the mispleasure of being stalked by creeps before

Jacol posted: »

If I remember well, she has been assaulted by the Seven Dwarves in the past so it's not the first time she's had the misfortune of being abused under the pretext of "love"

• edited March 2022

I believe that “I’ve seen this before and it’s not love.” Is that she could be referring to people lusting after her. In the comics we see that Prince Charming still had his…. Charm lol but he is able to seduce a waitress at restaurant rather easily. So we can deduce that Snow is rather attractive compared to most. Meaning that most of the people seem to lust after her, therefore she knows that they are lusting rather than loving.
    Or this can be taken another way. Crane responds with “I’m sorry I didn’t cheat on you and run away to Europe.” In reference to Prince Charming once again. Therefore Snow probably saw the way Prince Charming lusted after whoever he cheated on Snow with in Cranes eyes.
    I have not gotten far in the comics only to issue 30 or 40 so I don’t know if anything I have mentioned is resolved there.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.