Season 3 NEEDS to make the Batman vs Alfred choice MATTER.

If and when we do get a third and final season of Telltale's Batman, one of the things that is most important to me is that they don't gloss over the final choice of Enemy Within, choosing between sacrificing Alfred or giving up being Batman. This is a choice that is essentially cutting off one half of the Bruce-Batman personality, committing him wholly to one over that of the other, and I think the best way to approach that is to mirror the final episode of Enemy Within and have the opening episode of Season 3 be entirely different and only merge somewhat at the end into Episode 2 (and that choice still needs to impact the rest of the season). A wholly Bruceless Batman and a Batmanless Bruce are NOT going to be the same person and the game should reflect that rather than just reset after the first five minutes. Character relationships should be different (alongside what situations those characters were in previously) and the game could even have a completely different opening villain that reflects your losses (I personally like the idea of Poison Ivy for Batmanless Bruce and Scarecrow for Wholly Bruceless Batman). What do your guys think?

Comments

• I agree that IF a third season happens, choices should matter, but that'll make the story branch break into even more paths, which I personally don't mind.
    I think if Scarecrow is introduced, I wonder since he's Harley Quinns professor, I wonder if he gave her the fear toxin so she's fearless which led her to be how she is? Then again, the way she swings that hammer, did IVY find her first? Hurm.... 0Ao

• edited January 2022

I think why it was difficult for Telltale to make choices truly matter, is because the scale of production and larger funding required for very divergent paths. They have to develop two different types of production = 2X the cost. Already they were deep in the red.

Crematoria posted: »

I agree that IF a third season happens, choices should matter, but that'll make the story branch break into even more paths, which I persona

Sign in to comment in this discussion.