Would Telltale Games want to return the rights of The Walking Dead?

edited March 2022 in General Chat

Hi you all!
In such social networks as Instagram, Twitter, Facebook on the Skybound page, I see a lot of requests from players to return the rights to the game The Walking Dead to Telltale Games. Many people do not like the comic that Skybound decided to make, where Clementine is in the lead role, because this comic is not a canon of the game and does not continue the story of our favorite Clementine. So, I was wondering how the Telltale Games themselves react to this and whether we need to keep asking for the return of rights to this wonderful and hard-working company. Thank you all!

Tagged:

Comments

• For me I'd just like The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series to remain concluded, if it went back to Telltale, I imagine that it'd be expensive to license, so they'd have to make another game to try and make money and justify the high cost of licensing, even if Telltale got the rights I don't think they would have any say over if Skybound wanted to do a Clementine Comic, as Skybound owns the IP that Telltale would license in this hypothetical. In an ideal world, Skybound would've left The Walking Dead alone after ensuring it met its End, and not milk it in game or comic form, and instead just let it rest and be among other legendary game Series' and have it stand out for being one that ended and respected its Ending.

• Thank you very much for the answer, it was quite interesting to read!

For me I'd just like The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series to remain concluded, if it went back to Telltale, I imagine that it'd be expensiv

• People need to grow up and learn that nothing lasts forever. The Walking Dead can't be special anymore. Riddle me this: did any of the sequels ever live up to Season 1's success?

• Yeah, you're right, all good things come to an end.

AronDracula posted: »

People need to grow up and learn that nothing lasts forever. The Walking Dead can't be special anymore. Riddle me this: did any of the sequels ever live up to Season 1's success?

• This game made me happy and made me cry. Thanks to the developers for these emotions!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.