Summer Game Fest/E3 Season 2022

Come one, come all for the 2022 season of game reveals

Comments

• @AronDracula @Poogers555 @dojo32161 @lupinb0y

Come here boys, let's contain the hype to this thread...

I just think it would be weird to clutter the Whatever thread with a bunch of SGF hype reveals, that are incoming

• Essentially here's also the current schedule of reveals we have coming soon

• the big Summer Game Fest 2022 Livestream on June 9th
    • After that on the same day, the return of the annual Devolver Digital showcase.
    • With Netflix throwing their hat in the publishing/mobile gaming ring, their Geeked Week Gaming event is on June 10th
    • New York’s Tribeca Games Showcase is right after that too on June 10
    • Guerrilla Collective has their own annual livestream of reveals on June 11th
    • Following that, there’s the return of Wholesome Games Direct livestream. All about non-violent, feel-good games.
    • Future Games Show, focused more on indies as well, happens on June 12th
    • And finally, for now, the Xbox + Bethesda stream on June 12th, with an extended showcase on June 14th

Nothing from Nintendo yet, but they usually reveal their Directs like 2-3 days before it happens.

• Keeping my expectations low is the best way of being hype. Sounds weird, I know

• I was getting hyped for a second because I thought they were gonna show A Plague Tale Requiem due to Focus Entertainment. Big fail.

EDIT: even a bigger fail because it's another generic game based on Aliens movie.

• edited June 2022

Are you fucking kidding me? Everyone has ALREADY seen this trailer, you morons.

EDIT: nevermind, they showed new footage just a few minutes later.

• From the last 20 seconds, looks like it's an Isometric Top-down shooter. I think that's new for the Aliens games.

I nearly thought it was a new Aliens shooter title, given the cinematic trailer. We just got one recently with Aliens Fireteam, I think it's called?

Are you fucking kidding me? Everyone has ALREADY seen this trailer, you morons.

No, no, no, my friend. In this one, you get to see a man's head get bitten in half!
    Fun! :|

AronDracula posted: »

I was getting hyped for a second because I thought they were gonna show A Plague Tale Requiem due to Focus Entertainment. Big fail. EDIT: even a bigger fail because it's another generic game based on Aliens movie.

• edited June 2022

Okay, what a weird way to demonstrate new details for Callisto Protocol. It does look very Dead Space-y though.

• Joel and Arthur Morgan both on the same stage. That's nice

• Dead Space meets what? Gee, I'm glad Dead Space is influencing the industry again but guys, take it down a notch, will ya?

• edited June 2022

He said "Jones' Moon", so I think he means "Duncan Jones' Moon"?

Duncan Jones a director and Moon being a thriller movie set on the Moon from 2009
    I haven't seen it, but the cinematic influence sounds cool

Dead Space meets what? Gee, I'm glad Dead Space is influencing the industry again but guys, take it down a notch, will ya?

• Did everyone collectively decided on space horror or something? lol

• Gee, how many sci-fi horror games are being made right now?

• cut to The Rock shirtless in his gym

• Cheapest presentation ever. Rock is cool but come on.

• edited June 2022

The freaking drink plug :#

Also Black Adam plug?

Dude this is a games livestream. Not movies.

Poogers555 posted: »

cut to The Rock shirtless in his gym

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Routine kind of looked cool. Stood out the most to me, anyway, out of the space games.

• Black Adam is NOT a video game. What is it doing here?

• I'm guessing Keighley got a good cheque from Warner Bros. for featuring this one.

Black Adam is NOT a video game. What is it doing here?

• Imagine demonstrating a movie in a VIDEO GAME conference!!!!

• I really wish cgi trailers for new IPs would die out. They are never helpful for getting a picture of what the game actually is, and because it comes from an unknown IP there is no way to even try and understand what it is going to be like.

• Especially when honestly thst trailer looked real off. Got some serious mobile game vibes from it.

Overanimated, poor sound mixing, confusing camera work... ehhh bad first impression. No idea what genre this is

Edit: Oh an RTS. Ok well glad they mentioned it at least

Poogers555 posted: »

I really wish cgi trailers for new IPs would die out. They are never helpful for getting a picture of what the game actually is, and because it comes from an unknown IP there is no way to even try and understand what it is going to be like.

• edited June 2022

Good for Geoff for addressing a Ukraine Dev and apologizing for not having an update on their game yet due to the current situation.

• Dead Island 2????

• Really? Goat Simulator stealing the trailer style from Dead Island 2.

EDIT: Goat Simulator 3?? There is already a second one????

• edited June 2022

Holy cow yes.

Now this is how you promote a silly game like Goat Simulator 2. (Edit: THREE?? When was there a second game?)

Parody a game that somehow still isn't out by recreating their original trailer
    I half expected it was actually Dead Island 2, but somehow with worse graphics.

• I feel like that was kind of the funniest thing ever but also the worst thing ever lol

• Did I just hear a Doom music????

• You just heard music from Metallica (shown at the start of the trailer)

Summoning @MetallicaRules
    New rockin' Midnight Suns trailer

Did I just hear a Doom music????

• edited June 2022

Oooh yes Midnight Fight Express looks real fun! Glad to finally get a full trailer for it.

Demo On Steam! WOOOO

• Please just... show Tales 2 already. I want to get it over with. Please.

• I feel like I am wasting my time with this conference.

• Well, another thing for MetallicaRules:

Metal Hellsinger with a demo out now! Doom-ish FPS rhythm game! Wow

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Read One Piece, incredible manga.

• Supermassive Games hasn't proved themselves ever since Until Dawn.

• Indie Cyberpunk 2077?

• Layers of Fears? Yeah, easy pass because I hated the first one. Thank God that the Silent Hill 2 Remake rumors seem to be false.

• NOOO

Finally some details on Last of Us Multiplayer Part 2.... but it's just one concept art piece and we get more details next year

:s agh my heart

• Wow, demonstrating an upcoming multiplayer game with concept art. Very original, Druckmann

• Feels like we're reaching the end of the event, so probably no Tales 2, meaning we will continue this hellish limbo

Sign in to comment in this discussion.