Summer Game Fest/E3 Season 2022

Comments

• Demonstrating a tv show in a VIDEO GAME conference!!! Sure it's based on a video game but still

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

I think it's fine when it's based on a video game, unlike the times they show something fully unrelated.

AronDracula posted: »

Demonstrating a tv show in a VIDEO GAME conference!!! Sure it's based on a video game but still

• I think this one is valid. Given its a massive video game with a massive adaptation production.

Dwayne Johnson plugging a drink and a DC movie? Get outta here with that.

Demonstrating a tv show in a VIDEO GAME conference!!! Sure it's based on a video game but still

• I honestly love how Geoff is like "Here's Dawyne The Rock Johnson!"

cuts to shirtless Rock in his Gym plugging movies and energy drinks

AChicken posted: »

I think this one is valid. Given its a massive video game with a massive adaptation production. Dwayne Johnson plugging a drink and a DC movie? Get outta here with that.

• Well, I have already seen it. So it was completely ruined. Same thoughts

• edited June 2022

I'm just glad it looks like the same story but looks so much better. I was worried it was going to be messed with to account for stuff in Part 2, or hell, even 3.

All I would want from a re-release. Again, I just hope the price isn't that high.

Well, I have already seen it. So it was completely ruined. Same thoughts

• Obviously these events are always pretty over hyped, but I do think presentation wise this was a lot better than last years game awards. Last year vgas was so over hyped and then it was just nonstop ads, the awards being completely shoved to the side, and when someone was aloud to speak it was like 30 seconds before they were told to wrap it up.

I really wish Tales was there because I really just want to get that over with lol

• More power to ya. Everyone has different anticipations. I will gladly just spend my hype on Resident Evil 4 Remake and A Plague Tale Requiem.

I'm just glad it looks like the same story but looks so much better. I was worried it was going to be messed with to account for stuff in Part 2, or hell, even 3. All I would want from a re-release. Again, I just hope the price isn't that high.

• Well, that was utterly boring. Other than Callisto Protocol, nothing about it captured my attention.

Guess Gearbox actually did mean "Summer", so get ready for that to randomly jumpscare us one day.

Poogers555 posted: »

Obviously these events are always pretty over hyped, but I do think presentation wise this was a lot better than last years game awards. Las

• Jesus fuckin christ

• edited June 2022

Okay, so SGF had a bit of variety, I guess, so good for them. But a lot felt really meh and not my kind of games.

This Day of the Devs stream after it is really fun looking.
    Long Live Indies!!

Ok yeah Bear and Breakfast looks adorable

Choo Choo Charles is big hype

• inb4 September

dojo32161 posted: »

Guess Gearbox actually did mean "Summer", so get ready for that to randomly jumpscare us one day.

• Notice how Ellie is centrally big on the cover while Joel is small. Another reason for me to skip this one.

• Notice how Ellie is centrally big on the cover while Joel is small.

Notice how Ellie is centrally big on the cover while Joel is small. Another reason for me to skip this one.

• edited June 2022

Not that big and Joel isn't ant-sized on that one. The PS5 cover is ten times worse than PS4 cover.

Notice how Ellie is centrally big on the cover while Joel is small.

• Notice how Ellie is cast in light on the cover while Joel is cast in shadow. Another reason for me to skip this one.

Not that big and Joel isn't ant-sized on that one. The PS5 cover is ten times worse than PS4 cover.

• I guess size and light as the same thing. Deal

Notice how Ellie is cast in light on the cover while Joel is cast in shadow. Another reason for me to skip this one.

• I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED!

watches trailer

I...don't know what to think. That's easily one of Metallica's best songs, some might say their greatest, and they kind of...butchered it. I get it, it's a trailer, but to desecrate the almighty Master of Puppets like that, how dare you!

And I guess the game was alright, don't really know what it is though. Is it a sequel/spin off to Insomniac's Spider Man, its the same voice actor and all. But I thought Venom was a villain in the next game Insomniac is making, so I'm kind of confused.

You just heard music from Metallica (shown at the start of the trailer) Summoning @MetallicaRules New rockin' Midnight Suns trailer

• I am going to have to try this Metal Hellsinger demo, that shit looks fire as fuck.

• edited June 2022

Notice how they removed Joel's face from the Remastered version.

Finally, The Part I remake will give us back what was taken from us

The reach is so long with this one, Aron.
    There's literally nothing different, content-wise with this remake. Joel will survive till the end, there will be happy times, and Naughty Dog still makes good games.

• I have also recently been notified of a similar game in style to this, BPM: Bullets Per Minute.. though that one feels more like synth rock, with a greater emphasis on enemy timing as well.

I am going to have to try this Metal Hellsinger demo, that shit looks fire as fuck.

• Anyway SGF was kinda bleh, might have worked better if reveals were back-to-back, or they paced out New reveals better. Too much cutting back to Geoff and a random The Rock ramble.

DOTD was great afterwards. Much more interesting titles there.

Annapurna Interactive is going to have another showcase this july!
    Really really hope we get a first look at what NoCode's next spooky game will be.

• edited June 2022

Me who didn't even know there was going to be a presentation going on and went to sleep only to wake up to a bunch of trailers.

Me when I see Last of Us Part 1 for PC

• Is it a sequel/spin off to Insomniac's Spider Man, its the same voice actor and all. But I thought Venom was a villain in the next game Insomniac is making, so I'm kind of confused.

Different universe, they just got Yuri Lowenthal to reprise the role for this game.

I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED! watches trailer I...don't know what to think. That's easily one of Metallica's best songs, some might say their

• edited June 2022

Callisto Protocol was the only good thing about this show for me.

EDIT: Also, A Plague Tale Innocence ruined The Last of Us for me and I rather look forward to A Plague Tale Requiem.

• Except this is a prequel to TLOU2 so all the happy things about Joel don't mean jack anyway, at least to me. Same with Kenny flashback from A New Frontier Episode 4.

Notice how they removed Joel's face from the Remastered version. Finally, The Part I remake will give us back what was taken from us T

That... may be one of the dumbest things you've said.

Except this is a prequel to TLOU2 so all the happy things about Joel don't mean jack anyway, at least to me. Same with Kenny flashback from A New Frontier Episode 4.

• edited June 2022

Not as dumb as Mel putting her own baby in danger by going in frontlines. Excellent writing, amirite?

dojo32161 posted: »

That... may be one of the dumbest things you've said.

• Again, she was forced to. The WLF were preparing for the Island Raid, and were moving as many people and resources to a centralized location to organize it all.
    They didn't plan to get ambushed, (because "an ambush" isn't something you can prepare for), it's just bad luck.

Bad luck, among the dozens and dozens of other elements of bad luck in Last of Us 2's story, that I do agree, gets old and agonizing after a while.

Not as dumb as Mel putting her own baby in danger by going in frontlines. Excellent writing, amirite?

• So this was featured at the Devolver Stream. Looks fantastic!!
    A mix of 2d-cartoon graphics with a stylized 3D environment that you can flip between! It's the ultimate indie game art style here lmao

• Tribeca Games Festival is doing a deep dive right NOW on their nominees for this year

• "Why would it be up to Owen?" - Mel before going out.

That's doesn't sound forced to me.

Again, she was forced to. The WLF were preparing for the Island Raid, and were moving as many people and resources to a centralized location

• edited June 2022

Okay, "Forced", maybe not exactly, but she got orders, just like so many others at the Stadium base and all around the city, to regroup at an FOB closer to the marina in Seattle, as you find out later was to stockpile as many resources as they could (transportation, medical aid, fuel, weapons) to take out the Scars at their island base.
    Issac, head of the WLF goes mad with power at this point -- as one of the Scars' top "cult leaders" essentially, gets accidentally killed before the events of the game and kicks off a major civil war -- so Issac orders his top medical doctor to regroup with the rest of the team.

They take an armed convoy through a route that is normally taken by the WLF, not expecting much, but get heavily ambushed by Scars who have started to take over the territory. There's always a risk when going out in the frontlines, but obviously Mel was willing and felt safe enough to take it, to help the rest of her clan.
    Keep in mind, at this point in the story, while we don't see it, Owen goes AWOL. Missing. So Mel also chooses to get further into the city in the hopes of finding him.

The "Is Owen Okay with This?" from Abby is an off-handed, internalized-sexist comment that Owen -- the father of the unborn child -- would need to sign off on it. But Mel says no, she's the one carrying the child, she feels she has the right to control her own body and child.
    yadda yadda, a bunch of other societal stuff I can't and don't have the time to get into anyway.

"Why would it be up to Owen?" - Mel before going out. That's doesn't sound forced to me.

• Everyone thinks they're the hero of their own story

• That really reminds me of It Takes Two with how the gameplay constantly changes. Gonna keep an eye on this!

So this was featured at the Devolver Stream. Looks fantastic!! A mix of 2d-cartoon graphics with a stylized 3D environment that you can flip between! It's the ultimate indie game art style here lmao

• The last of us 2 is the most soul-sucking game I’ve ever played but I don’t see how that taints the first game in any way

I’ve learned to disassociate terrible sequels from canon in my mind though

Except this is a prequel to TLOU2 so all the happy things about Joel don't mean jack anyway, at least to me. Same with Kenny flashback from A New Frontier Episode 4.

• I just can't have the same experience with the first game ever again. The sequel always comes into my mind when I try to remember the good times.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

The last of us 2 is the most soul-sucking game I’ve ever played but I don’t see how that taints the first game in any way I’ve learned to disassociate terrible sequels from canon in my mind though

• edited June 2022

The only thing soul sucking is reading the exact same comments over and over again about how the game poisoned our water supply, burned our crops and delivered a plague unto our houses, two years after the game's been out.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

The last of us 2 is the most soul-sucking game I’ve ever played but I don’t see how that taints the first game in any way I’ve learned to disassociate terrible sequels from canon in my mind though

Sign in to comment in this discussion.