What about a CK3(Crusader Kings) inspired game?

edited February 2023 in General Chat

Would you guys be interested on Telltale entering a partnership with Paradox Interactive in order to make an interactive Crusader Kings visual novel/interactive game?

Believe it or not I woke up this morning with this particular dream, imagine the creation liberty they would have with the huge variety of historical settings they would have access with the franchise as a base, introducing several characters or just staying with a single protagonist(the characters can be custom rulers,advisors,clerks,merchants,commoners etc there is a whole board of professions/social ranks to choose from) there is so much that can be explored on the grounds of historical fiction, explore medieval societies entertaining and educating at the same time.

I know that the company is trying to take it slowly since their refounding with perphaps working in two games at most but with The Wolf season 2 being closer to release and The Expanse coming on summer apparently, do really think it is the perfect moment to bring forward this proposal and see what people think.

Do you guys like the idea?
Please comment to show interest(and give a like!) with the hopes that someone sees it and gauges interest on the whole ordeal.

Comments

• While I do love the Crusader Kings games making a narrative game with about medieval life and choices and consequences would be cool. However I feel like this is not something that would appeal to many players. Mainly because Crusader Kings is about ruling and creating a kingdom for multiple generations and about the relationships with your courtiers and family. As cool as your idea sounds I think it wouldn’t work in terms of gameplay because they would have to decide where the story would take place. Not a bad idea just hard to imagine a telltale game based off a strategy game. 🙂

• I would say that you are not putting it into the right perspective, Crusader Kings is about managing true and forging a Kingdom but it is also about history about filling the blanks of many historical developments to the point it touches fiction, thing is we do need to be a ruler just a counsellor of a minor noble's court or several characters from different social ranks tied by a single plot(like the daughter of a courtier,a peasant,a merchant,a King's envoy etc).

Remember how Minecraft Story worked pretty well? Really it still shocks me today that a game nearly barren with characters and with a setting so unique could produce such a great narrative.

No matter what genre the original game is about all can be carried and adapted to an interactive game, Telltale could perhaps include some extra functionality to reflect the saga on a special way but otherwise this could be more than a homage to the franchise a dip into a whole interesting era.

Thanks for commenting nevertheless!

While I do love the Crusader Kings games making a narrative game with about medieval life and choices and consequences would be cool. Howeve

• Well you know what… now that you mention Minecraft Story Mode I feel you are right but again Crusader Kings would have to be mostly realistic as it does run with real kings and stuff. TellTale always finds ways to make something fun and interesting so maybe they can do it with Crusader Kings! 😇

Tunak23 posted: »

I would say that you are not putting it into the right perspective, Crusader Kings is about managing true and forging a Kingdom but it is al

Sign in to comment in this discussion.