TWD: The 'Telltale' Definitive Series {Fall 2022 Ship Date - Level52 Statue}

12345679»

Comments

• i am cringe but i am free

captainivy1 posted: »

but its WAAAAY better than season 2. 7/10 Nonsense

• honestly for me season 2 ranges from boring to frustrating and never gets anywhere above just okay. ANF for all its flaws does have some very exceptional moments that echo some of the better stuff in season 1. honestly i feel everyone who despises it should give it another shot on the definitive edition. its really not that bad.

Menofthe214 posted: »

Don't worry your not the only one who thinks that. I've seen people on Youtube saying ANF was better then 2. I would like to talk about my t

• its good. i mean go figure its actually pretty great. has its fair share of flaws, sure, but its WAAAAY better than season 2. 7/10

Season 2 is not perfect by any means but A New Frontier did NOTHING better. Instead of fixing Season 2's mistakes, it made them worse in every possible way. Let me give you some examples:

• Kenny and Jane die like morons and their endings mean nothing after all
    • Their character models look like they belong in Mass Effect Andromeda
    • The new characters SUUUUUUUCK!!!!! Especially Kate and Gabe. Everything about their characters is nothing but garbage writing
    • The villains... Wait, were there any villains in the game other than walkers?
    • Gabentine
    • More QTEs than character development
    • Clementine serves no purpose to the season whatsoever
    • AJ takes a big-ass backseat
    • Lazy flashbacks
    • Choices that involve Clementine are anything but hard decisions
    • The finale doesn't feel like a finale but more like a rushed conclusion
    • Where is Max if you spare him?
    • Did New Frontier take over Richmond or they have been living there for years?
    • Mariana gets killed instead of Gabe and only for shock value. Telltale, YOU KILLED THE WRONG KID!!!
    • Kate almost gets Javier killed ONLY because she either kisses him in front of David or throws him under the bus for not wanting to steal David's wife.
    • David tries to kill his own brother NO MATTER HOW SUPPORTIVE YOU WERE TO HIM!!!
    • The last shot of Episode 4. Everyone who ever created 3D models cringed at the walkers part
    • Clementine cries over Gabe's death like she knew him for months or something
    • Gameplay is a downgrade

This is the game where people ditched their support for Telltale, including me. The only praise it gets is being better than the new comic book series. This game can't even be considered a game.

so via the definitive edition i replayed A New Frontier last week... its good. i mean go figure its actually pretty great. has its fair share of flaws, sure, but its WAAAAY better than season 2. 7/10

• all good reasons to dislike the game. consider though i played the remastered version with better lighting and i let kenny and jane bite it and i liked the new characters a lot and i refused to romance kate AND my gabe lived so add all that together and half those flaws didnt apply to my experience and my experience was good.

i refer you to my previous comment about being cringe yet free

AronDracula posted: »

its good. i mean go figure its actually pretty great. has its fair share of flaws, sure, but its WAAAAY better than season 2. 7/10 S

• Pretty much yeah, I guess. I would admit that I'd rather play the game than read the new comic book series.

all good reasons to dislike the game. consider though i played the remastered version with better lighting and i let kenny and jane bite it

• ...at least we finally made it to 2022. Just 6-ish more months, maybe... until they delay the statue again...

https://twitter.com/DomTheBombYT/status/1521614326334906371

• edited December 2022

Maybe the real statue was the friends we made along the way.

• edited December 2022

Holy fucking shit, it’s nearly 2023, and we still don’t have these statues. Looking back on my comments from 2 years ago, I said it wasn’t funny but insulting. Now it’s fucking hilarious.

This whole thing is a massive fucking failure on every scale. Covid does not justify a delay of almost 3 damn years.

How much do you want to bet that, as extra compensation for waiting, they give everyone unsold free copies of the Clementine comics. Hell, at this point, Tillie will probably finish before we get the statues.

• Now it’s fucking hilarious.

This is peak comedy.

Holy fucking shit, it’s nearly 2023, and we still don’t have these statues. Looking back on my comments from 2 years ago, I said it wasn’t f

• SECOND QUARTER?!

This really is a fever dream. I'd like to wake up from the matrix now thank you

Now it’s fucking hilarious. This is peak comedy. https://twitter.com/DomTheBombYT/status/1582812159049838593

• ...They still haven't sent those statues?

I haven't been really keeping up with the drama since they promised to make the new not-so-ugly statues, but I just assumed they'd be already done by now. Jeez man. What the hell.

• Bumping this so that everyone knows the statues have been officially cancelled

• edited February 2023

Okay what the fuck

https://www.skybound.com/announcements/the-walking-dead-the-telltale-definitive-series/the-walking-dead-definitive-series-lee-and-clem-statue-update

We are going to be issuing refunds for The Walking Dead Definitive Series’ Lee and Clem statue from Level52.

It is with sadness we announce that we have to cancel production of the statue. We tried and we failed. We have no confidence that we’ll be able to deliver the statue to you in any meaningful time period.

We know many of you have been patiently waiting for this statue for far too long. We understand your disappointment —because we are disappointed too. We wanted to see this statue in the hands of fans, but as production continued, we encountered many setbacks – from design challenges and production delays to massive global supply chain issues from the COVID-19 pandemic that impacted collectibles manufacturing. In addition to these challenges, ultimately, the statue has not met our expectations in depicting our Lee and Clementine, and our collaboration with Level52 on this project will not continue.

All affected customers should have received an email this afternoon directly from Skybound informing them of this update. Everyone that pre-ordered the statue itself from Skybound.com will be getting a full refund by March 31, 2023.

All customers who elected to receive the Level52 statue as part of the Guardian or Signature Packs of The Walking Dead: The Definitive Series will receive a $150 refund as a measure of our appreciation for your patience. This will be delivered via check by March 31, 2023.

What the fuuuuuck... wow.

The statue looks amazing, but it still doesn't meet their expectations to produce it, that's crazy... 4 years, countless updates and delays, only for this. I'm speechless. I don't know what to say

(At the VERY least, it's good that they'll be sending refunds out via checks. Pretty sure I've switched credit card providers since I first bought that collector's edition, so a refund through there wouldn't do me any good.)

Could be Skybound's fault in not going to the right sources, could be Level52's fault in not getting the right resources for it... but jeez...
    I hope somehow, someway, someone can get a 3D model of that statue to 3D print the dang thing, this sucks.

Bumping this so that everyone knows the statues have been officially cancelled

• Pretty sure I've switched credit card providers since I first bought that collector's edition, so a refund through there wouldn't do me any good.

There's an email at the end of their statement. You should try emailing them about it.

AChicken posted: »

Okay what the fuck https://www.skybound.com/announcements/the-walking-dead-the-telltale-definitive-series/the-walking-dead-definitive-ser

• This is the greatest statue refund of all time.

• As someone who didn't buy the statue this is hilarious. It's like an antijoke several years in the making.

• how can they cancel the greatest 2 characters of the game statues yet they make a AJ one which nobody wants xD

• Well you know they say that humor is based on the unexpected - and this fiasco very much fits that definition of a joke.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

As someone who didn't buy the statue this is hilarious. It's like an antijoke several years in the making.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.