Why a Game of Thrones Season 2 is not entirely impossible

So we all know that Game of Thrones ended in late 2015. However, I do believe that a Season 2 is still possible for one main reason: HBO is obviously still very interested in expanding the Game of Thrones universe. We have House of the Dragon, A rumored Aegon the Conqueror movie that is going to tie into the show about Aego, the Arya spin-off, and the Jon Snow Spin-off. So I am pretty sure that if Telltale decides to communicate a sequel to HBO, HBO may give them the license to make a sequel. Hopefully House Forrester gets some closure at last. Iron from Ice! Let me know what the rest of you guys think.

Comments

• I would have loved another season if old Telltale was still around, but with new Telltale I'd honestly rather they just start doing new stuff. It's been so long since the first season released that I don't see there being much interest in a renewal. I'd still like to see the Forrester's story continue in some fashion, maybe a comic book or novel, but I think another season of the game is as likely as another season of Minecraft: Story Mode.

• Oddly enough I still be okay with another Season of Minecraft lol But I think my favorite series was game of thrones mostly because it was a series both me and my brother spent a lot of time coming up with theories for 😄

lupinb0y posted: »

I would have loved another season if old Telltale was still around, but with new Telltale I'd honestly rather they just start doing new stuf

• Lol yeah I enjoyed Minecraft a lot more than I thought I would, and I look back at Game of Thrones really fondly. It has some of my favourite moments from a Telltale game.

Oddly enough I still be okay with another Season of Minecraft lol But I think my favorite series was game of thrones mostly because it was a series both me and my brother spent a lot of time coming up with theories for 😄

• I wouldn’t count Minecraft or Game of Thrones out yet. Microsoft and HBO can be watching to see how new Telltale does currently before offering a license. So who knows like I said HBO is expanding their universe. 😅

Lol yeah I enjoyed Minecraft a lot more than I thought I would, and I look back at Game of Thrones really fondly. It has some of my favourite moments from a Telltale game.

• Would love for that to be the case, if they ever get the license back hopefully they return the focus to the Forresters be it with the sequel or if the clause of the new contract forces telltale to make Dance of the Dragons content they can actually told a story about the Forrester during the conflict as members of Cregan Stark's army(at least one character on that supposed setting could be a Forrester) with their Whitehill rivals also being there with their plots and ambitions, combining it with new cast to the South and Essos.

Also need to remember how fanon Season 2 told the story about the Pines of Cracklaw Point being Forrester that settled on the south, extra lore like that not necessarily a minor southern family related to the Forresters but an extra connection for fans during that plot would be cool.

Of course the very desired Season 2 is what we want but at this point if they give us Got Forrester content even if it is centuries before I would be hooked too as the lack of lore of House Forrester(and Whitehill) is perfect to expand upon.

• I agree it would be interesting to play as Rodrik and Asher’s great great Grandparents hahaha 😝
    But yes House of The Dragon’s timeline would be pretty cool to see however I don’t know if there is a lot of lore in House of The Dragon’s timeline about the north. But it would be cool to have the Forresters chooses to support the throne or not.
    However I feel like Season 2 would need to be concluded first because I still want to see how that story ends. Because Ludd and Gryff were so memorable of villains.

Tunak23 posted: »

Would love for that to be the case, if they ever get the license back hopefully they return the focus to the Forresters be it with the seque

• edited April 2023

Honestly not supporting the Starks(and by proxy the Black faction) for a northern bannerman would be suicide, like your lands would be occupied by a pretty much united North with a single purpose to crush some southern skulls(not really caring about the overall allegiance much at the end of the day, these men are just thirsty for war/action) all riding under a merciless/experienced commander such as Lord Cregan.

One thing they could do is for some Forresters to follow Roderick Dustin as part of the Winter Wolves as that would mean they being a part of the Dance far before the descent of old Cregan, a Forrester lass that married south like on the Riverlands would be a good way to showcase the violence and brutality of war to see all that you love be destroyed, as the focus is the south we need to place the characters at a conflicted position like a serene field about to be burnt.

A Whitehill POV is something that the saga sorely need just to humanise the feud further and making us peek on the overall using the Whitehills follow the Faith of the Seven thing(being the northernmost house to do so which is very interesting if not politically risky for them) and how that religious loyalty could tie with their necessity to be present on the Civil war on the southern Kingdoms mainly cause religious allegiance as you know many sites of their religious devotion sit on the south and kinda both factions command loyalty via the High Septon, so there is room for some religious fanatic to show(would like even better being a Whitehill Septon dealing with the effects of the war far from home looking over a displaced community or being a totally corrupted tool choosing how you want to be and portray the Hights and shortcomings of Septon in game like asoiaf does greatly many times-will you be Ever High or close to the people?Princely or Humble?), other dynamic is a Whitehill(or Forrester) maester in training about to be assigned a house like imagine the joy of starting a new profession applying your knowledge to help others and feel useful when bam the war gets going and all your new world comes crashing down(perphaps placing them on the Reach as it arguably the most divided during the whole conflict competing closely with the Riverlands for the crown).

Completely new characters to follow the Greens and Blacks exploring the inner circle, as commoners,minor houses or extravagant foreigners, they could really shine with an overall diversity of characters and sub plots, could be huge and overcome the beloved Season 1 or overambitious/somewhat messy(still a jewel on our hands).

Anyways the idea is very exciting and could be talking here for days,lore is good and needed!

I agree it would be interesting to play as Rodrik and Asher’s great great Grandparents hahaha 😝 But yes House of The Dragon’s timeline wou

• I like a majority of your ideas! I do think a Whitehill POV would be interesting but what about if players took control of two characters that were in love? A Forrester Lord and a Whitehill Lady or a Whitehill Lord and a Forrester Lady? Like since Season 1 describes the Forresters as having a feud with the Whitehills for Centuries they can make that because The Whitehills supported the Greens it caused a huge problem with the Forresters or vice versa.

I would love if Telltale and HBO were talking to see if they can get another license to make a sequel or prequel. There is still a chance and I refuse to give up hope on the sequel!

Honestly not supporting the Starks(and by proxy the Black faction) for a northern bannerman would be suicide, like your lands would be occup

• There is still a chance and I refuse to give up hope on the sequel!

Time for a "Asking For Game of Thrones Season 2 Until We get it" thread!

I like a majority of your ideas! I do think a Whitehill POV would be interesting but what about if players took control of two characters th

• edited April 2023

You know what seems a little crazy to me for the Forrester or Whitehills to support the Greens given their geopolitical context But if the writers somehow make the situation work(without any significant plot holes) things could get spicy pretty fast, perphaps a Whitehill on Aegon's court?And so the whole family doesn't support directly the Greens they have this lad/lass on the side doing his thing pushing for personal/house interest(the Mira of the generation surviving between factions).

Love between rivals is such a cool trope, giving their long history something like Asher-Gwyn must have happened through the ages, the Dance for the North is nearly a blank period save the coming south and a few titbits so interpersonal drama to feed the feud would be awesome.

I like a majority of your ideas! I do think a Whitehill POV would be interesting but what about if players took control of two characters th

• Oh god,don't give them any ideas.

There is still a chance and I refuse to give up hope on the sequel! Time for a "Asking For Game of Thrones Season 2 Until We get it" thread!

• edited April 2023

Don't worry on that front the idea has been floating over our heads for a long time that being said UltraJesse is a hero for commiting to so much on his "Asking for Minecraft Season 2"-hope the guy reaches 1000 days- few(including me) would keep the same spirit posting daily posts and just hoping for Telltale's interest.

Got Telltale deserves a comeback but being a believer is tough I tell ya.

iFoRias posted: »

Oh god,don't give them any ideas.

• UltraJesse is a hero for commiting to so much on his "Asking for Minecraft Season 2"-hope the guy reaches 1000 days-

It is pretty impressive i gotta say never thought that thread would last that long.

Don't worry on that front the idea has been floating over our heads for a long time that being said UltraJesse is a hero for commiting to so

• edited May 2023

[

[

Just to fan the flames of excitement among the community here you have some new house Forrester content.

First is a brilliant resume of the chapters ending with Asher's route and the second links to a playlist of RP as House Forrester in ck3 Agot starring grandpa Forrester(who this time didn't die at the trident) so far but Gregor and the others are there too as their younger versions.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.