Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion Thread

1373839404143»

Comments

• A new poster for the Fantastic Four movie has been released!

Pretty much confirms that the suits Reed and Sue are wearing will be the suits in the movie, and the retro-futuristic city in the back pretty much confirming the alternate universe approach.

Also just a neat detail with the lines on Johnny's suit mimicking his original design from Jack Kirby's run.

Spoiler tagged for being a big ass image.

• Episode 5 of X-Men '97 released and it is incredible. An absolute triumph in storytelling and animation, that had me teetering off the edge of my seat. If the series continues with this level of quality, the series could become one of the greatest things Marvel Studios has ever released. So much love and care is put into this world and its characters and it really shows. It's so fun, dramatic, and heartbreaking! This is the most I've cared about X-Men since First Class.

Now I'm just left wondering what the hell did Beau de Mayo do to make Marvel so mad.

• edited April 22

A new trailer for Deadpool & Wolverine is out and it looks GREAT!

Lots of swearing, blood, sleeveless Wolverine, it's got it all. Also looks like the villain of the movie will be Cassandra Nova who is a very very weird villain from the comics and also

Spoiler for comicbook bullshit

the alien parasitic twin sister of Charles Xavier who he fought a telekinetic battle with in the womb.

• edited May 15

The first season of X-Men '97 is over, and I don't think there's a better word to describe it than astonishing. In my humble opinion, X-Men '97 is not only the best onscreen adaptation of the X-Men to date but also one of the greatest superhero adaptations of all time. Every aspect of the show radiate love and dedication, from the characters and dialogue to the visuals and animation.

The series stands out by fully embracing the crazy and, more often than not dark themes that have defined the X-Men since Chris Claremont's era. There's a rawness to the show that feels refreshing, as it doesn't shy away from depicting intense violence, exploring moral ambiguity, and tackling significant societal and political issues of our modern day world. These elements are handled with a level of maturity that really elevates the narrative, making the stakes feel real and ever-present.

It's incredibly evident that the '97 crew were given free rein to whatever they wanted with minimal constraint, and it's reflected in pretty much every episode of the season. I can't believe I'm saying this, but X-Men '97 really pushes the boundaries of what a superhero story can be. The show is damn near perfect and sets the bar for what the MCU's X-Men should achieve. I cannot wait the for the next season.

• The Deadpool and Wolverine popcorn bucket has been unveiled.

:flushed:

• I've never bought a special edition popcorn bucket before, but this just might be my first one. It's SO silly, I must have it...

lupinb0y posted: »

The Deadpool and Wolverine popcorn bucket has been unveiled.

• edited June 3

The first trailer for Venom: The Last Stand is out! It'll be the last solo Venom movie, so hopefully they go out with a bang, but considering the... overall quality of the SSU I'm not holding my breath.

Ngl it does look like fun.

Rhys Ifans, who played the Lizard in ASM and NWH is at 1:58 as the guitar dude. I'm going to assume it's just him playing some rando character for fun rather than being a Curt Connors variant lol. Also the bartender from the No Way Home end credits scene is in this movie at 1:27 but with long hair. So I guess he's a variant? But Venom also left seems to have dropped another sample of him in the same bar, but in this universe???

Something to do with Spider-Man I think. He should put together a team. Do some good. It'd be intriguing.

• The whole Sony No-Spidey Verse has been one big fustercluck so far, but at the very least the Venom movies have been mildly to stupidly entertaining throughout.
    Can't wait for the movie to end on like some kid who they vaguely name "Peter", which Venom (after a fake out death) looks on from a distance, directly contradicting the NWH stinger about being aware and extremely interested in MCU Peter... Because Sony just loves to lure you in with the promise of Marvel cake, only to trash it immediately after with all these movies lately.

Like... "We... Are... Ven-WEAREVENOM!!"
    I get that "haha making fun of a trope is funny" meta-""humour"" but... they're making fun of their own joke?! They already had a whole cool "We are Venom" thing in the first film famously in trailers even... but now it's just not cool to do that all serious-like?!! H U H?

Anyway I love how this film has such a dramatic title like "The Last Dance"... lmao. Yet the movie and Venom antics look as ridiculous as EVER!
    Also, the tagline? "Till Death Do They Part"??
    VenomxEddie Gay confirmed?? Happy Pride Month!! 🏳️‍🌈

Also this is both extremely cool and metal and also really silly omg!! XD

The first trailer for Venom: The Last Stand is out! It'll be the last solo Venom movie, so hopefully they go out with a bang, but considerin

• VenomxEddie Gay confirmed?? Happy Pride Month!! 🏳️‍🌈

Lmao Venom 2 pretty much confirms that. It couldn't be more explicit unless they showed full penetration.

AChicken posted: »

The whole Sony No-Spidey Verse has been one big fustercluck so far, but at the very least the Venom movies have been mildly to stupidly ente

• The teaser trailer for Agatha All Along, the spin off to WandaVision is finally out!

Not gonna lie it seems like fun and feels appropriately spooky. It looks different from the usual MCU stuff. Probably helps that it looks fairly low stakes, with the plot focusing on Agatha simply wanting to regain her powers. Aubrey Plaza is always a nice get and it'll be great to see more Kathryn Hahn. Interesting that Debra Jo Rupp's character from WandaVision becomes a witch in this.

• Can't say I was wondering at the end of WandaVision, "So, how does Agatha's story continue from here?" On the other hand, I also wasn't thinking 101 Dalmatians needed a prequel to explain where Cruella came from, so we'll see.

The teaser trailer for Agatha All Along, the spin off to WandaVision is finally out! Not gonna lie it seems like fun and feels approp

• edited July 11

Marvel Studios has found Beau DeMayo's successor for X-Men '97 in the form of Matthew Chauncey, one of the head writers for What If...?. Season's 2's script had been revised before then, so he'll be officially taking over for season 3.

Alright look I enjoy What If...? for what it is, I think it's a fun show, but the writing for '97 is leagues above anything from the two seasons we've had so far. Unless Chauncey pitched something that the studio absolutely loved, I really can't help but see this as a massive downgrade. Not to mention the optics of replacing a gay black man with a straight white dude to head a show about a group of marginalised people. I'm not saying they should have kept DeMayo on considering what he's supposedly done, but come on Marvel, there are other writers in the world give them a chance.

• edited July 12

The teaser trailer for Captain America: Brave New World is out!

Looks like Captain America will be doing what he does best, butting heads with the government! Cautiously optimistic for this. Falcon and the Winter Soldier is one of my favourite MCU shows even with the underwhelming finale, but hearing all about the reshoots and writing issues behind the scenes has me worried. Not to mention the timely inclusion of a... uh... specific character from a specific country.

Non-spoilery notes

• "Still getting used to the new look." Very tongue and cheek, just like the "Deal with it" moment from Iron-Man 2.
    • Seems like Isaiah Bradley's turned heel, or more likely been mind controlled by The Leader I assume.
    • Giancarlo Esposito's playing a character named George Washington Bridge. I have absolutely no idea who that is lmao.
    • Glad we'll get to see the white suit one more time before he gets the blue suit.
    • And finally we have the appearance of the Red Hulk.
    • Also at 0:31 that's totally the frozen Celestial from Eternals. Finally after three years they're acknowledging the giant fucking alien that's just sticking out of Earth.
  • Sam Porter Bridges walked (across America 😏)

so "George Washington Bridge" could run.

...Kojima, is that you?? 😂

The teaser trailer for Captain America: Brave New World is out! Looks like Captain America will be doing what he does best, butting h

• edited July 19

The final trailer for Deadpool and Wolverine is out with an incredible surprise in it, so if you don't wanna get spoiled DO NOT watch it. I do wish they didn't reveal this considering the movie's out in less than a week, but I guess If this is what they're putting in the trailer, then there must be some crazy stuff instore.

VERY excited for the movie nonetheless. Only a few more days to go!

SPOILER

LAURA WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited July 23

Sorry for the nerd-out, but I just realized a few things about Wolverine's costume In Deadpool & Wolverine that I hadn't before. In some shots, Wolverine's costume has no sleeves. That's awesome because it almost makes it a complete match of John Cassaday's Wolverine art from Astonishing X-Men.

I say almost complete because of the other thing I just noticed. Wolverine wears a rectangular X on his belt rather than the circular X in Cassaday's version of the belt. It's a rectangular emblem inside a gold belt buckle with a black background and a red X. That's exactly how it looked in Jim Lee's Wolverine art in the 1990s. It's also an inversion of the colors of the belt he wore in X-Men: The Animated Series and that he wears in X-Men '97. I think it's especially cool that they are using elements of the Wolverine from the 1990s, because that's from my childhood and definitely gives me the feels.

I haven't been this excited for a Marvel movie since Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.

• edited July 27

Some MCU news from SDCC today!

• Adamantium will be making its introduction in Captain America: Brave New World, through the body of the Celestial from The Eternals.
    • Giancarlo Esposito will be playing the villain Sidewinder, the King of the Serpent Society in BNW.
    • The Fantastic Four movie has been titled The Fantastic Four: First Steps.
    • The F4 will appear in the next Avengers movies.
    • Avengers: Kang Dynasty has officially been retitled to Avengers: Doomsday.
    • The Russo Bros. will be directing both Doomsday and Secret Wars.
    • Robert Downey Jr. will be making his return to the MCU as Doctor Doom in Doomsday.
    • Doomsday and Secret Wars will be releasing in May 2026 and May 2027 respectively.

Some pretty massive news today! Don't know how I feel yet about RDJ playing Doom, mostly because I don't believe Marvel Studios has the willpower to hide his face for an entire movie, but I'm cautiously excited even if I would have preferred a new actor. I am happy to see the Russo Bros. making their return though!

I haven't seen someone fumble a bag like Jonathan Majors has since Gina Carano.

• I watched Deadpool and Wolverine and really liked it! It was so much fun to watch!

Long have we waited to see Wolverine meet the merc with the mouth, and after 6-7 years, we finally get our wish. The wait was worth it; it's like they never left. Their chemistry is absolutely wonderful and the best part of the movie, with each of the actors giving some of their best performances as the beloved characters. I also have to give credit to Emma Corrin and Matthew Macfadyen as Cassandra Nova and Mr. Paradox. They were so fun to listen to and watch. You can tell that they really enjoyed playing their roles, though honestly, the same could be said for the whole main cast.

If anyone is worried about how Disney would handle an R-rated movie, worry not. It definitely earns its rating. There's a lot of violence and gore, and tons of swearing. As for cameos, there's definitely a few of those lying around, along with some special guest stars. In my opinion, these cameos are handled much better here than in Multiverse of Madness. They're fairly integral to the plot for the most part and not just there to be cannon fodder.

As for complaints, it really isn't that deep of a movie, though I wasn't expecting anything huge. It's super straightforward with some pretty heartfelt moments scattered throughout, paying homage to the past, present, and future. Despite how much I liked Cassandra Nova, there really isn't much going on with her. She's just pretty evil for the sake of it. Also, the CGI gets kinda funky towards the end.

Overall, I honestly thought it was great! Just a really fun movie all around. I'd personally rank it between the first and second Deadpool movies.

edited July 28

Luckily, 20th Century Studios handled Deadpool & Wolverine in association with Marvel Studios. It was only distributed to theaters by Disney's distribution arm. It seems Disney is using 20th Century Studios as its R-rated label, like it did with Touchstone Pictures way back in the 1990s and early aughts.

I'm here for that. It could be a great thing. A lot of good R-rated classics came out of Touchstone.

I watched Deadpool and Wolverine and really liked it! It was so much fun to watch! Long have we waited to see Wolverine meet the merc wit

• Blade's also confirmed to be rated R, so that's something to look forward to... Whenever it is they decide to actually make it.

Jennifer posted: »

Luckily, 20th Century Studios handled Deadpool & Wolverine in association with Marvel Studios. It was only distributed to theaters by Di

• Deadpool and Wolverine was good.

I was spoiled about a particular "cameo" but I am glad to say that I avoided the other ones which did manage to surprise me. I would say this movie is much better made film than No Way Home but No Way Home had a MUCH better influence to the fans and the general audience.

• edited July 31

I just got back from Deadpool and Wolverine. Wow, it's such a fun action film. Tons of surprises and omg I'm both in awe and afraid at what the entire budget must be for this film between production AND marketing. Ryan and Hugh have been on a duo press streak for a while now! I just can't escape them online!

It was a great Deadpool movie that sticks to its guns and guts and gore and sex jokes omg, and even has a few running jokes from previous films which I really enjoyed!
    Also plays with A LOT of toys from Marvel's toybox of previous films, MCU or not... And even had a sizeable inclusion of the TVA that I loved to see return from Loki and they once again nailed their aesthetic and presentation.

The Villain(s) of this film did a great job and I agree with Lupin that specifically Emma Corrin and Matthew Macfayden looked like they had a really fun time with their scripts and not taking themselves too seriously.

Also I think I caught that Dopinder's actor was no longer doing a stereotypical indian accent? Neat, IMO. Shows some interesting growth as a character and not just playing his voice off as a joke.
    They DO drop the R-slur later in the film. Not glorifying or using it against someone, but just egch...

I think I'd slot this between the last two deadpool movies. 2 > DPW > 1. I just LOVE the found-family arc and trying to help a misguided kid plot from 2, this one has some great heartfelt moments but doesn't cut as deep with eeeeverything going on in the plot and cast.
    Plus 2 has that epic song from Celine Dion so I'm biased, eh?
    This one DOES have a fantastic opening credits scene that Marvel Studios doesn't do all that much.

Spoilers spoilers!!

RIP Wade and Vanessa's relationship. So sad they had them break up off-screen kinda.

Was surprised to see Paradox be revealed as a bad guy that DP had to stop. None of the marketing showed that. And especially after Loki series, where the TVA is changed for the good, it was a nice surprise seeing a rogue section of the agency try to prune timelines the old-fashioned way.

It was extremely surprising to see characters from every branch of Fox. That Chris Evans cameo really got me stunned, I totally forgot about him as that character.
    Definitely felt like one big celebration of the Fox films as a whole with the big montage at the end credits. Great stuff. (I haven't seen all the old ones, I just recently saw the OG X-Men film with legends Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen)

I have ZERO clue what Channing Tatum was saying 75% of the time. I'm glad they made a bunch of jokes about it, and Wade "translated" for him later, but whoof! What the HECK was that?? Boston-French, or something??
    "Who is your Dialect coach??!"
    (Also, I happened to see an "old" photo of the entire Fox cast of films together earlier this morning, alongside Tatum who was slated to have his own Gambit film that got cancelled. So thankfully I was filled in on his "Marvel debut" jokes in the film and how it was some big deal lol, didn't know he was gonna be in this film tho!.)

If I have a few gripes with the plot (and this is kinda due to my own expectations, but)

• they never had a payoff to that Thor crying joke that's set up and constantly referenced. Maybe in another film?

• Alioth is a nice addition, but like... just after DP&W jump back into their home world, it munches the cast at the Ant Man Skull but Nova is still fine a scene later, and the TVA can just... bring back everyone who got munched in the Void at the end? How? Huh? 🤔

• And at the end, Wade is... kinda back right where he started, only he saved the world from dying. I guess this lets him live his life with his people, and they can just call him in whenever they need a deadpool crossover. I just expected a bit more interaction with the established MCU... (Especially since we start with Wade in the Sacred Timeline, I expected him to go back again later) Welp, hopefully next time the OG DP crew get some more time to shine alongside Wade too.

Oh yeah and I was really hoping for a Fox-to-Marvel logo transition at the very start, but alas, we can't have everything.

I just saw Deadpool & Wolverine. It's a great MCU film AND a great Deadpool film. I cried and I laughed a lot. I even an extended laugh out loud at one of the jokes, which I almost never do when I watch films.

Even my mom loved it, despite the gore, and she usually doesn't like superhero films with a bunch of characters because she can't tell anyone apart. I'm sure she knew none of the cameos. Heck, I was the only one excited in the theater at the deep cut characters, and it was only three seats shy of sold out. I'm a big Marvel nerd though.

If you haven't seen it yet, do it in the theaters if you can. It's one of those films that is even better with a crowd.

• edited August 10

Some Marvel Studios live action stuff got shown off at D23 Expo so I'll put together the most important stuff on here.

Agatha All Along

The trailer for Agatha All Along has been revealed at D23 and subsequently put up online!

So looks like the series will actually be half a musical, with a number of original songs written by the songwriters of Frozen, Book of Mormon and Avenue Q, which is pretty cool! A couple of the songs are sampled in the trailer and they sound pretty good so far.

The Fantastic Four: First Steps

The full theme by Michael Giacchino for The Fantastic Four: First Steps was released and it's super catchy! I'm really digging it, especially the chorus.

Daredevil: Born Again

A full trailer was shown privately at D23, but unfortunately will not be released online. Though you'll be able to find recordings of it if you search it up. Not gonna lie it looked great! It feels like a direct continuation of the Netflix series but with a proper connection to the wider MCU. The series is confirmed to release March 2025! Season 2 is also confirmed to be shooting "soon."

Some notes that will be spoilered in case you want them to be a surprise.

• Bullseye, Frank Castle, Karen, and Foggy all make their return in the series.
    • A new hero called White Tiger makes their introduction with a pretty comic accurate suit.
    • Matt is shown to have five different helmets of varying colours, so it looks like he'll be wearing multiple suits throughout the series.
    • Muse, the overarching villain of the series also makes an appearance.
    • Kamala Khan's father, Yusuf makes an appearance at the end of the trailer having been saved by Matt. He asks, "What kind of lawyer are you?" with Matt replying "A really good one."

Ironheart

A trailer was also shown privately but again, if you look it up you'll probably find it. It looks fun! Pretty neat idea with the series pretty much going, what if you had the intelligence of Tony Stark but none of the money.

Spoiler notes

• Anthony Ramos makes his appearance as The Hood, who seems to be her role model in the series. He's also clearly the villain cause he looks pretty sinister at some shots lol.
    • I quite like the new armour! It's like a more refined version of her garage suit from Wakanda Forever. Also looks like she gets a white armour at the very end of the trailer.
    • Jim Rash reappears as the MIT Dean from Civil War. The one who tried to convince Tony to fund his self heating hotdog.
    • I like the heist angle and the idea of her having to do morally questionable stuff to build her toys. Obviously that's not gonna last the whole series but still.
    • I know people are super warm about this series, but Ryan Coogler's involvement has pretty optimistic.

Captain America: Brave New World

Once again, a trailer was shown privately and not released officially online. Honestly this feels like a much better trailer than the original. More room to breath and we get a better idea of the tone and story of the movie.

Spoiler notes

• General Ross reveals that a new metal was discovered in the carcass of the Celestial that has been dubbed Adamantium.
    • Ross wants to put together a new Avengers, but Sam feels conflicted about the idea. Their conversation feeling like a call back to Civil War when Steve asked Ross what they would do if they need to be somewhere the government won't let them go to.
    • Looks like there's another government conspiracy going on with Ross's inner circle being compromised.
    • Ross turns into the Red Hulk and he looks pretty damn good!

Tomorrow will be Marvel Animations presentation so hopefully we'll get our first look at the Spider-Man series, Eyes of Wakanda, Marvel Zombies, X-Men '97 season 2 and hopefully some surprises in store like a third season of Moon Girl please.

• edited August 10

The Marvel Animation panel was much more low key and even less actual released content which is unfortunate, but there's still some cool stuff that was shown that I'll compile here. All the following projects are confirmed to be releasing within the next 18 months.

What If...? Season 3
    * Confirmed to be the final season.
    * Moon Knight, Iron Heart, and Shang Chi are confirmed to appear.
    * An episode will feature a new team of Avengers with Cap (Sam), Moon Knight, Monica Rambeau, and more facing against gamma kaiju while piloting their own Avenger mechs.

Eyes of Wakanda
    * A four episode miniseries that will delve into the history of Wakanda and those who had to keep the country secret for centuries.
    * It is canon to the MCU.
    * An Iron Fist will be making an appearance.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man
    * Colman Domingo will be voicing Norman Osborn.
    * Hudson Thames, who previously voiced Peter in What If will be returning to voice the character.
    * Peter and Norman's relationship will resemble the relationship Peter had with Tony in the MCU, but Norman will use more questionable methods.
    * Peter gets bit by a spider that appears from a portal during a fight between Doctor Strange and a symbiote.
    * Peter won't know who Strange is.
    * The Future Foundation (AKA The Fantastic Four) will be appearing.
    * Iron Man, Daredevil, and Nico Minoru from the Runaways will also be appearing.

X-Men '97 Season 2
    * Magneto will once again find himself in court.
    * Havok, Polaris, Danger, Bishop, Apocalypse, Lady Deathstrike, Sabrerooth and more characters will appear.
    * They will be donning the suits from the Grant Morrison run. For those who don't know it's pretty much black leather jackets and pants with a big yellow X on it.
    * Beau DeMayo commented on this choice after news broke out, saying "this decision was rooted in story for me and the themes Season 2 will explore. Obviously, these suits have strong ties to Genosha and E is for Extinction."

Marvel Zombies
    * Will have a five year time skip from the What If episode.
    * Described as an "event" series that will be "hardcore" TV-MA 14.
    * Shang-Chi, Katy, and Jimmy Woo are the main characters of the series. Wen Wu will also be appearing.
    * Shang-Chi is infected but manages to stave the infection away with the Ten Rings.
    * The gang will take on a 'Mad Max' inspired group of biker Skrulls.

Beyond the Spider-Verse
    * Karan Soni, the voice of Pavitr Prabhakar has confirmed that the movie is deep into production and will begin recording in a few months.

Also a nice note by Marvel Animation is that there will not be an in-house animation style and that they will keep changing things up for different projects.

• Deadpool and Wolverine was a blast. Hugh Jackman and Ryan Reynolds bounce off each other so, so well, and man, any joke about 20th century Fox I find amusing. The action scenes where fun and I really liked that they were willing to have serious beats, not treat everything as a joke. And I loved all of the character motivations. And it was quite funny. It wasn't a flawless film, like some of Wolverine's backstory confused me, but I think they used the Multiverse the best and had some fun cameos. Overall, a great time at the film, a fun send-off to the Fox X-Men

• A new trailer for Kraven is out. I'm not expecting much, but I will praise them for going pretty hard with the violence in this. There's some pretty gnarly kills in the trailer, especially the dude getting split in from groin to head and the dude getting ripped apart by wolves.

Overall 10/10 it's gonna make a Kravillion dollars #ImCravinKraven

• edited August 15

So some information about Beau DeMayo's firing from Marvel has come to light after he tried starting alluding to discrimination as a reason behind his termination. This claim was made after he was notified that his credits from the second season of X-men '97 would be removed after a breach of the NDA he signed.

Marvel near immediately released a public statement saying that;

“Mr. DeMayo was terminated in March 2024 following an internal investigation,” said a Marvel spokesperson in a statement. “Given the egregious nature of the findings, we severed ties with him immediately, and he has no further affiliation with Marvel.”

The Hollywood Reporter article reports that "sources say it involved sexual misconduct." THR tends to be pretty accurate with their sources, so this is very likely to be the legit reason.

Beau DeMayo proceeded to counter the counter with a statement of his own.

“The truth will be revealed. After their Disney Plus disaster, Marvel wants to mislead with alleged contract breaches over tweets. It’s tragic it’s come to this but unsurprising. Stay tuned.”

Man's flying really close to the sun.

• Thanks for putting this together Lupin! After that major bombshell of RDJ being confirmed as Doom, I thought that was it for the Marvel presentations at D23 and haven't heard a lick of info about any Animated projects, since no one's crossed my timelines reporting on it.

Very sad What If is ending. It really should be able to continue, least of all without any sort of overarching story (that I dislike they keep building up in each one)

YAY Wakanda Miniseries! Hopefully they get a lot of the Dora Milaje in there, I heard (a while ago) the series was gonna have a focus on them.

Colman Domingo will be voicing Norman Osborn.

YOOOO That's awesome, he's gonna be menacing I'm sure!!

Still have to watch XMen 97... :sweat_smile: I did see the first 4 episodes of the original show, but... gosh I don't really wanna watch the whooole series just to get to the "really cool modern stuff" everyone kept talking about

Shang-Chi, Katy, and Jimmy Woo are the main characters of the series. Wen Wu will also be appearing.

Shang Chi 2 but animated and with zombies I'll take it!! Wooo!! :kissing_smiling_eyes:

Beyond the Spider-Verse

• Karan Soni, the voice of Pavitr Prabhakar has confirmed that the movie is deep into production and will begin recording in a few months.

YAY. YAY. OMG YAY. I hope the movie turns out great.
    I also hope I don't have to wait too long until it's out but I get that's not possible hehe :')

The Marvel Animation panel was much more low key and even less actual released content which is unfortunate, but there's still some cool stu

• Very sad What If is ending. It really should be able to continue, least of all without any sort of overarching story (that I dislike they keep building up in each one)

Yeah it's a strange choice to give their anthology series an overarching storyline connecting all these worlds together. Like, the whole point of the series should be that it's a sandbox to go absolutely ham and think out of the box. It's such a weird crutch they've given themselves.

YAY Wakanda Miniseries! Hopefully they get a lot of the Dora Milaje in there, I heard (a while ago) the series was gonna have a focus on them.

I'd be surprised if they don't make an appearance, but the series apparently follows the War Dogs of Wakanda. Their central intelligence spies that go around the world making sure Wakanda stays hidden. Killmonger's dad was one of them.

Still have to watch XMen 97... :sweat_smile: I did see the first 4 episodes of the original show, but... gosh I don't really wanna watch the whooole series just to get to the "really cool modern stuff" everyone kept talking about

You absolutely do not need to have seen the original series to watch this, it does a fairly good job of catching you up on what happened. It's very new viewer friendly and just barely requires you to know the basics of the X-Men. I have never seen a single episode of the original series and I absolutely loved it!

YAY. YAY. OMG YAY. I hope the movie turns out great.

I can't believe Sony thought they'd be able to crank this out in a year.

AChicken posted: »

Thanks for putting this together Lupin! After that major bombshell of RDJ being confirmed as Doom, I thought that was it for the Marvel pres

• Ever since the end of July, Disneyland has added limited-time character appearances of Wolverine and Deadpool.

Is it a little strange they're adding these characters in promotion of their new R-rated movie? Sure. Is it also weird someone like Deadpool is forced to be PG13? Yeah, sure.

But some of the actors seem to have a lot of fun with the role especially when it comes to comedy.
    And this one right here had some great fun with a jab at Disney for their audacity to try and dismiss a wrongful death lawsuit with D+ ToS. I feel like he might get fired or reprimanded for this but honestly that was an A+ joke that didn't go too far. 😆

Don't know how limited-time these guys are, but it feels like they're pretty popular, so hopefully they keep them/or return.
    I've never been to Disneyland, but if ever I do go, I hope these guys are there to see.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.