DVD summary/what to do

Hey guys. I played one of the episodes of wallace and gromit (chose it as my free download) and liked it, but found it really too easy for my tastes, however my sister likes PNC adventure games and wallace and gromit, so was thinking about buying her the full series for her birthday.
It seems there's a lot of unhappiness about the DVD though, and I'm also reading stuff about different versions of the DVD, which I don't really understand, and references to problems on particular in-game situations which I wouldn't know about.
Am wondering if anyone could give a quick summary of the different versions and different problems, and what they reckon would be best to buy for sis?

Thanks.

Comments

• edited May 2010
    The retail version, which you can buy from Amazon.com or the like, does not use online activation, whereas the one you get from TTG does. Other than that, the discs are 100% the same, but if you buy from TTG you also get access to the downloadable versions.
  • edited May 2010
    Actually, the retail version got several gamestopping bugs and crashes added to it... somehow. So the choice is much more:

* RETAIL. No online activation but you gotta check around the help threads here which files to erase to play your game without crashing.
    * DELUXE (which isn't as deluxe as any other TTG disk :(): Online activation, but not so buggy. Disk by itself isn't that great, so if you have a fast connection it's probably better to just download all 4 episodes from the site.
  • edited May 2010
    Actually, the retail version got several gamestopping bugs and crashes added to it... somehow. So the choice is much more:

* RETAIL. No online activation but you gotta check around the help threads here which files to erase to play your game without crashing.
    * DELUXE (which isn't as deluxe as any other TTG disk :(): Online activation, but not so buggy. Disk by itself isn't that great, so if you have a fast connection it's probably better to just download all 4 episodes from the site.

I guess I haven't played through the retail version at all, I just bought it and looked it over, so I wouldn't know if there are any crashes etc. or not. :)
  • edited May 2010
    Buy a coaster. Much better value.
  • edited May 2010
    I have no earthly idea why telltale even bothered offering a dvd version if it was going to use online activation.
  • Ugh, I've already ordered my DVD and now I find out about this. As far as I'm concerned, I've been mislead. The FAQ very specifically says that the discs don't require online activation and when I paid my money that's part of what I was paying for.
  • edited May 2010
    it doesnt even work in a dvd player, apparently
  • edited May 2010
    I have no earthly idea why telltale even bothered offering a dvd version if it was going to use online activation.

Think of the amount of yapping there would be if they didn't
  • edited June 2010
    Im glad I ordered my disc with the free postage option making it free
  • edited June 2010
    Im glad I ordered my disc with the free postage option making it free

For some reason they had the flag thing down when free postage was on, and by the time they got it sorted out the free postage deal was done. Should I ask about getting it for free now does anyone think?
  • edited June 2010
    For some reason they had the flag thing down when free postage was on, and by the time they got it sorted out the free postage deal was done. Should I ask about getting it for free now does anyone think?

never hurts to ask I got a special doctor who bag from a shop cos I asked hehe
Sign in to comment in this discussion.