making other Sam and Max-related games

edited October 2005 in Sam & Max
This just suddenly came out of my head. Do you think Telltale can make a Sam and Max-related game aside from the point-and-click episodes like a casual game of sorts?

Comments

• edited October 2005
    Minigames! I would expect fun minigames in a Sam & Max game - Hit the Road had them, and Freelance Police was supposed to have plenty. Perhaps there will be less room for them in episodic games, but I suppose we'll see!
  • edited October 2005
    Minigames! I would expect fun minigames in a Sam & Max game - Hit the Road had them, and Freelance Police was supposed to have plenty. Perhaps there will be less room for them in episodic games, but I suppose we'll see!
    Given what we saw in Out From Boneville, I would expect to see more minigames.
  • edited October 2005
    But the "minigames" in Bone were puzzles; they advanced the story, mixing up the gameplay a bit. The Hit the Road minigames were more like little diversions you could go back to when you were bored: Car Bomb, Surfin' the Highway, etc. I hope they have some of those in a Sam & Max game.
  • edited October 2005
    ohhhhhh... okay. Those kind of minigames. :) Yeah, optional, fun, non-game related ones would be nice, actually.
  • edited October 2005
    well I was kind of thinking about a stand-alone casual game featuring Sam and Max.
  • edited October 2005
    lets get the sequel first before we worry about that :))
  • edited October 2005
    Actually, the reason I asked for this is that I wanted some Sam and Max-related game to tie us over while waiting for the actual sequel....

such as a card game similar to that of Telltale Texas Hold 'Em
  • edited October 2005
    I'm sure that Telltale's Texas Hold 'Em is a wonderful game but I hate videogames based on card/sport games. Grr...
    As for a sam and max type game, I don't think anything other than the full blown Adventure will actually be very good. I'm sure some sort of minigame will pop up on the site after a while but the thing I really liked about Sam and Max the first game was how it managed to capture the whole Sam and Max-y feeling from the comics. Sure you could make a shooter where you're Max and throw cabinets and typewriters out of a window onto passers-by but it wouldn't have that true Sam and Max type feeling. Although... That would work pretty well in the actual game come to think of it...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.