Monkey Island 2 Art Request

Hi there,

Firstly, I apologise if I'm treading over old ground... but I've been looking for Monkey Island 2 images of Guybrush in his fantastic blue coat in the classic old-school art style. I've seen some low quality images via google, specifically one with him pointing - but they all seem to be fan embroideries. I was wondering if anyone could help me out and point to some decent MI2 Guybrush sprite images etc.

A huge thanks for reading!

Have fun,

Rick

Comments

• edited June 2010
    goodwin61 wrote: »
    Hi there,

Firstly, I apologise if I'm treading over old ground... but I've been looking for Monkey Island 2 images of Guybrush in his fantastic blue coat in the classic old-school art style. I've seen some low quality images via google, specifically one with him pointing - but they all seem to be fan embroideries. I was wondering if anyone could help me out and point to some decent MI2 Guybrush sprite images etc.

A huge thanks for reading!

Have fun,

Rick

Making a game in GameMaker eh?

http://www.spriters-resource.com/pc_computer/monkeyisland1/index.html

http://www.spriters-resource.com/pc_computer/monkeyisland2/index.html

There you go. Good luck actually making a game though, adventure games in GM are nigh on impossible because of all the coding. And you can't make a MI platformer cos Guybrush animates poorly.
  • edited June 2010
    Fury wrote: »

There you go. Good luck actually making a game though, adventure games in GM are nigh on impossible because of all the coding. And you can't make a MI platformer cos Guybrush animates poorly.

What? You've never heard of Adventure Game Studio?
    http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/
  • edited June 2010

Man, I sooooo could have used those a few weeks ago. Then I wouldn't have handed in late homework:(
  • edited June 2010
    Man, I sooooo could have used those a few weeks ago. Then I wouldn't have handed in late homework:(

How did that go anyway? Your adventure game science assignment thingy? I doubted you'd be able to finish it within a week somehow....
  • edited June 2010
    what's this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^?
  • edited June 2010
    Oh wow, that's great! I came across sprite sheets for MI before, but that site is incredibly extensive.

Heh, that reminds me of this animated gif:
    guybrushcoatzoo.gif
  • edited June 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    How did that go anyway? Your adventure game science assignment thingy? I doubted you'd be able to finish it within a week somehow....
    what's this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^?

I tried making an adventure game for a Science project (its to do with the Science Talent Search, if that rings any bells), but my partner who I was working with kinda ended up doing nothing, so I was really stuck. In the end, I just ended up getting it changed to a poster with information. blegh.
  • edited June 2010
    Didero wrote: »
    Heh, that reminds me of this animated gif:
    guybrushcoatzoo.gif

*Right-click*, *Save As*... :).
    I tried making an adventure game for a Science project (its to do with the Science Talent Search, if that rings any bells), but my partner who I was working with kinda ended up doing nothing, so I was really stuck. In the end, I just ended up getting it changed to a poster with information. blegh.

Damn partners. I hate any group activities/projects/assignments. I always prefer going solo rather than carrying the rest of the group's lazy arses.
  • edited June 2010
    *Right-click*, *Save As*... :).

Damn partners. I hate any group activities/projects/assignments. I always prefer going solo rather than carrying the rest of the group's lazy arses.

Yeah, Personally, I'm not sure he liked the idea of making a point and click in the first place. I suspect he has some hidden hatred for the genre.
  • edited June 2010

I spent 2-3 days in GameMaker once and coded an adventure game UI including directional walking animations, inventory, object combination, and minimal verb use. I'd hardly call it "impossible".
  • edited June 2010
    Yeah, Personally, I'm not sure he liked the idea of making a point and click in the first place. I suspect he has some hidden hatred for the genre.

Are you sure he was even aware of the genre before this project? I didn't really think that many teenagers in Australia had actually heard of point-and-click adventure games...
  • edited June 2010
    FOR SHAME! I just found a program on line that rips any sprite/ gif, graphic in general in Lucas Arts game that runs on ScummVm!

Is that even legal? FOR SHAME!

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=lucasripper&btnG=Google+Search
  • edited June 2010
    Are you sure he was even aware of the genre before this project? I didn't really think that many teenagers in Australia had actually heard of point-and-click adventure games...

I wouldn't even know of them if not for StumbleUpon. And then I wouldn't be here, and then you'd all miss out on my ~2000 interesting things to say (or not)!
  • edited June 2010
    Pale Man wrote: »
    I spent 2-3 days in GameMaker once and coded an adventure game UI including directional walking animations, inventory, object combination, and minimal verb use. I'd hardly call it "impossible".

The main problem comes from coding all the dialogue options. Walking is piss easy, same goes for inventory and all that stuff. You have to use a lot of code to get it to work correctly, especially if you're not using that ugly box that pops up.

I assummed GM because doesn't The Adventure Game Studio come with sprites from monkey island?
  • edited June 2010

Well, he got Curse of Monkey Island from a computer technician. I have a feeling that his opinion of the genre is that they are silly little kids games:(

I on the other hand love them! And I'm an Aussie teen, and yes, it is very rare to find people who have heard of them.
  • edited June 2010
    Well, he got Curse of Monkey Island from a computer technician. I have a feeling that his opinion of the genre is that they are silly little kids games:(

Ha, tell him to pass one without a walkthrough before he decides to have that opinion :).
    And then I wouldn't be here, and then you'd all miss out on my ~2000 interesting things to say!

Oh my, what a shame that would be...

Don't take that to heart, only kidding.
  • edited June 2010
    Oh my, what a shame that would be...

Don't take that to heart, only kidding.

*sniff sniff*

I'ma go stab the cat now, and go all emo on everyone, and throw my can sculpture at the mailman. And it's all YOUR fault, Hayden!
  • edited June 2010
    Ha, tell him to pass one without a walkthrough before he decides to have that opinion :).
    ]

Funny, but he finished Curse without a walkthrough, as well as Tales, played a bit of Sam and Max and got bored. I think he just prefers fps games. Its the simple point and click gameplay he doesn't like, and he just finds the characters and storylines to be kiddish.
  • edited June 2010
    *sniff sniff*

I'ma go stab the cat now, and go all emo on everyone, and throw my can sculpture at the mailman. And it's all YOUR fault, Hayden!

Things to remember:

- The Highway cannot read size 1 font.

Now to take advantage of this. Highway, you're... you are... your face, no... your mother, eh... bah! I can't think of any insults at the opportune moment.
  • edited June 2010
    Funny, but he finished Curse without a walkthrough, as well as Tales, played a bit of Sam and Max and got bored. I think he just prefers fps games. Its the simple point and click gameplay he doesn't like, and he just finds the characters and storylines to be kiddish.

I get the feeling that they might possible be a guilty pleasure for him. He says he doesn't like them, yet he has played both Curse and Tales from start to finish...

I don't actually think that.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.