Monkey Island Monopoly

I had this Idea ages ago,i think back when LucasArts first released a Starwars Monopoly on PC and also the board game,And i thought to myself, id love to have a Monopoly of Monkey Island,i mean all around the world there numrous ones,"family guy,spider-man,i love lucy,Nintendo,ghetto monopoly etc..."

if they had a video game version like the star wars...where you have the board on raised on decking board like the town of Melee Island, and on the sea, the background is night with a full moon,and each character Animation moves around the board,and have scenes when you go to jail etc

the board game version is simple...there many characters you can choose from:
Guybrush, Elaine, Lechuck,Voodoo lady,Stan,Herman,Murrey,a random monkey etc

instead of train station you could have ship yards or well known Islands from the game

places to go on the board would be places youve visited before in Monkey Island Games, Mayfair could be "the Scumm Bar"

the go to Jail sign you with the person behind the bars picture, you could have Otis behind the bars on sign

Gas and electric company could be Stan's Electric company and Stan's Gas company

so guys tell me what places would you like to see on a Monkey Island Monopoly board?

and wether you think this is a great idea or im talking utter rubbish,
personally if i had the money and the rights id make one, or id purchase one,image if they released one for the Anniversary of Monkey Island

Comments

• edited July 2009
    I'd buy it if it came out, it's not something I'm exactly pining for.
  • edited July 2009
    I would not buy it.... I hate Monopoly.

Now... MI Clue..... I'm listening.
  • edited July 2009
    I could see it now. "Man, I wonder who committed this murder guys. Maybe it was the undead dude with the flaming beard and penchant for violence?"
  • edited July 2009
    Oh sure blame the undead.... typical. :P
  • edited July 2009
    I don't think a Monkey Island themed monopoly is an interesting way to make a board game of Monkey Island. If it was a new pirate themed game on the other hand, then I would be interested.
  • edited July 2009
    I like the idea. I would totally buy it.
  • edited July 2009
    You can't have a real estate game without Ozzie Mandrill, though. But yeah, there's enough islands/locations to make up a board and elements to make the game. I doubt they'd do it 'cause there's not much call for it, really.
  • edited July 2009
    Noooo! Not Monopoly. There are much better games out there.
  • edited July 2009
    I love monopoly.

But Stan would have to follow his theme from the first games, so Previously Used Water and Gas companies.
  • edited May 2010
    Id be up for making a video game version of this if anybody interested in making it
  • edited May 2010
    I would get it, but Monopoly is pretty crap.
  • edited May 2010
    LucasArts would never release such a thing, but it would make a cool piece of fan art. The Board Walk would be Monkey Island (or the Giant Monkey Head if it was places, instead of Islands)
  • edited May 2010
    MrFerder wrote: »
    LucasArts would never release such a thing, but it would make a cool piece of fan art. The Board Walk would be Monkey Island (or the Giant Monkey Head if it was places, instead of Islands)

Yeah, it would look cool.
  • edited May 2010
    Why do so many people hate Monopoly? The Monopoly World game on my phone is what keeps me sane riding home on those packed train cars.

Anyway, Monopoly has been made into just about every reincarnation possible, so I think Monkey Island should have a go at it, as well. All the islands would have to be included, and maybe like the Voodoo lady swamp hut for something?

But another Monkey Island board game would be cool too. Clue is a good idea, and maybe a completely unique creation. It's hard to come up with original ideas for board games that are entertaining though. I bought some Harry Potter board games years ago and they were kind of boring (no pun intended).
  • edited May 2010
    I loved playing monopoly as a kid (I'm pretty sure I was the pillow and my brothers were the hat and shoe but I'm not 100% sure), but come to think of it, I don't think I've ever finished a game.
    And I'm not even sure if I've played one of the "special" versions, I prefer the "regular" one (which, in my case, was with Paris).

But it's not the most exciting or interesting game ever, I have to say.
  • edited May 2010
    I have a limited edition super ultra edition with gold hotels and silver houses. and i think australian money-esque banknotes, but im not sure about that...
  • edited May 2010
    I made a chemistry version of Monopoly for my high school chemistry project. We had a great class, everyone had to make a game for us to play in order to review questions. Remarkably it actually helped and we all did wonderfully on our end of year exams.
  • edited May 2010
    I had Star Wars Monopoly for years! I actually got a lot of use out of that game.
    Avistew wrote: »
    but come to think of it, I don't think I've ever finished a game.

That's pretty common as far as I know. That game is ridiculous to actually finish, especially when you start taking out mortgages. :\ It's pretty much up to the players to decide when to give up, most of the time.
  • edited May 2010
    I think that "Escape.." taught us that pirates and capitalism dont get along.
  • edited May 2010
    Catfish33 wrote: »
    That's pretty common as far as I know. That game is ridiculous to actually finish, especially when you start taking out mortgages. :\ It's pretty much up to the players to decide when to give up, most of the time.

I haven't played with people in a while, but the games on your phone are pretty easy to win. I suppose real people are more intelligent though. But it's mostly based on luck. If you get a monopoly and someone else doesn't you basically win.
  • edited May 2010
    Jenny wrote: »
    I haven't played with people in a while, but the games on your phone are pretty easy to win. I suppose real people are more intelligent though. But it's mostly based on luck. If you get a monopoly and someone else doesn't you basically win.

The only other Monopoly I've ever played besides the board game versions was at Mcdonalds, and all I won was more food.

:D
  • edited May 2010
    The only other Monopoly I've ever played besides the board game versions was at Mcdonalds, and all I won was more food.

I remember those! :eek: I loved collecting those when I was young. I didn't really like the food much, so I would just get a milkshake and give the fries to a homeless person on the street.
  • edited May 2010

Worst prize ever. I hate McDonalds. Tastes like rubber. Hungry Jacks/Burger King on the other hand...
  • edited May 2010
    Oh, I remember the McDonald's Monopoly, I won a watch! I did wear it for a whole year, too, I liked it. The band broke after that, though.
  • edited May 2010
    I have a way better watch :D
  • edited May 2010
    Actually, its all about making deals. The chances of getting a monopoly by just luck are few, and playing the game without anyone building any houses its boring. At some point you need to start making deals.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited May 2010
    I made a Monkey Island Monopoly once with a Make-Your-Own-opoly board. It actually worked out pretty well. :) I had the Phatt Island Prison instead of Jail, Scabb Island and Hook Island as the cheapest properties, and Lucre Island and Monkey Island as the most expensive properties.

It would work out even better now, since there's more islands to put on the board since Tales came out. :D
  • edited May 2010
    Ignatius wrote: »
    Actually, its all about making deals. The chances of getting a monopoly by just luck are few, and playing the game without anyone building any houses its boring. At some point you need to start making deals.

I think one of our most common rules was that deals weren't allowed... Maybe we played it wrong.
  • edited May 2010
    I wouldn't buy it. I'm not a huge fan of Monopoly. But Monkey Island Scrabble, now there's an idea! :D
  • edited May 2010
    A few years back I was hanging out with a buddy of mine and we discussed what an Arrested Development Monopoly would look like. We were bored enough to hash out all the tokens (stair car, Buster's hand, etc.), properties (Balboa Towers, Boardwalk Banana Stand, etc.), and even what most of the Community Chest and Chance cards would say. ("You've made a huge mistake. Go back three spaces." "The orange grove you purchased from Uncle Oscar turned out to be valueless - pay the bank $10"). This went on for a good half hour before we lost interest.

True story.
  • edited May 2010
    I think one of our most common rules was that deals weren't allowed... Maybe we played it wrong.

Well we allowed deals, but really when you make deals there is no way to have them be equal. One person always gets taken (a little bit).

You really only need 1 monopoly to win, and if the other person has none, well than the game ends quickly.

Also, as long as you don't give extra money in the beginning, you have to budget what you buy and just make sure you get one of each color so the other person can't get a monopoly.
  • edited May 2010
    I wouldn't buy it but I thumbed it up anyways because the more money Monkey Island makes the more gaming industries will sink their teeth into the franchise. I'm sure plenty of people would buy it.
  • edited May 2010
    I hate monopoly too.
  • edited May 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    I would not buy it.... I hate Monopoly.

Now... MI Clue..... I'm listening.

Yeah, who killed LeChuck?
    Was it 'Guybrush' with the 'root beer' in the 'Phatt Island library'?
    Or was it 'Stan' with 'Cursed Cutlass of Kaflu' in the 'Blood Island kitchen'? :D

I would buy that right away! :)
  • edited May 2010
    Shemp wrote: »
    Or was it 'Stan' with 'Cursed Cutlass of Kaflu' in the 'Blood Island kitchen'? :D

Thought it was 'Winslow' with the 'Map' in the 'Scumm Bar':winslow:
  • edited May 2010
    Shemp wrote: »

Okay, that sounds really amazing! They need to release Monkey Island themed board games right away!
  • edited May 2010
    I remember those! :eek: I loved collecting those when I was young. I didn't really like the food much, so I would just get a milkshake and give the fries to a homeless person on the street.

I remember those! I had collected heaps. You got two with a large drink and one sticker with the chips. That was so much fun. Cos you'd normally get a free chips or ice cream with every purchase or two.

Stupid living in Australia, not getting Supersize...
  • edited June 2010
    Jennifer wrote: »
    I made a Monkey Island Monopoly once with a Make-Your-Own-opoly board. It actually worked out pretty well. :) I had the Phatt Island Prison instead of Jail, Scabb Island and Hook Island as the cheapest properties, and Lucre Island and Monkey Island as the most expensive properties.

It would work out even better now, since there's more islands to put on the board since Tales came out. :D

yeah i know on the monopoly site you can, can make your own themed monopoly, is it possible for you to post photos of your monopoloy?

Jenny your so caring giving, unhealthy fries to a homeless person :P, lol, just joking, its very kind of you

now i think what people loved about monopoly was the Monopoly money, as a kid it was fun dealing with fake cash, in Monkey Island monopoly you could use Pieces of Eight

Monkey island Clue would be great idea aswell, the reason why i suggested Monopoly is cause i grew up on it

check these videos out, and think of Monkey Island theme, and imagine the characters walking on the board, in a video game style

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEjhKeU_gQQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbZOuyAIQ1Y
  • edited June 2010
    Also, as long as you don't give extra money in the beginning, you have to budget what you buy and just make sure you get one of each color so the other person can't get a monopoly.

We always bought anything we fell onto that wasn't already taken lol. No budgeting or planning or anything :P

I didn't realise getting all of one colour was a monopoly. I assumed monopoly was having all of every single street. And that you needed to bankrupt everyone else, and when you did, you won.
  • edited June 2010
    We always bought anything we fell onto that wasn't already taken lol. No budgeting or planning or anything :P

I didn't realise getting all of one colour was a monopoly. I assumed monopoly was having all of every single street. And that you needed to bankrupt everyone else, and when you did, you won.

Well, having the whole street is even better, I suppose. When I was really little, my father made up this amazing rule, called Mobile Hotels. Basically, I could buy one hotel and just move it to the different monopolies I had...whenever I felt like it. It was a great rule. :p

Wolfstar27, those videos you posted reminded me of this Candy Land game I had for the pc, where you would walk along the game board, like those Monopoly ones.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.