My voodoo cards are here!

I just received my voodoo card set in the mail today, and I figured I'd share its contents with all of you.

Pictures:

Front Cover

Back Cover

The Cards

And here's a list of all the cards included...
Triumph
Treachery
The Tower
Strength
Disease
Nemesis
The Mouth
The Lovers
The Transformation
Justice
The Journey
The Lothario
The Guide
The Fracture
The Devil
Death
The Curse
Betrayal
The Shivress
The Victim
The Healer

More detailed pictures:

The First Batch

The Second Set

The Final Few

All in all, it's really nice stuff. Very high quality material. It almost makes me want to learn how to read tarot cards.

Comments

• edited June 2010
    they look great! btw the cards aren't apparently shipping.
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited June 2010
    Thanks for the pictures!
    They look fantastic!
    Can't wait for mine to ship!
  • edited June 2010
    These are great! I should have bought some while I had the chance but I had no money at the time...
  • edited June 2010
    Excellent!

So, going by the pics, your set had 21 cards, right?

Mmm, that leaves one card pictured in the Telltale photo, the one with the monkey buffoon not pictured in your pics.

So the new ones are:
    The Guide, The Devil, The Tower, Strength, and we get full versions of The Lothario & The Shivver

That leaves these cards not included in the set: The Scientist (in the game), The 6th Sense (in the game) & the Monkey Buffoon one (mmm, either the Fool or the Joker I guess, this should be the one in the Deluxe Edition)
  • edited June 2010
    How's the material on the cards? Do they bend? Does it feel strong? How do they compare to, for example, your average deck of cards?
  • edited June 2010
    How's the material on the cards? Do they bend? Does it feel strong? How do they compare to, for example, your average deck of cards?

The material's great. It's a very nice plastic that has a really good feel and sheen. The cards themselves are fairly strong, probably on the same level as a regular card in a deck of 52. I will say, though, that my one complaint is the difficulty I had getting the box of cards to open without bending the top. But that's only a minor niggle.
  • edited June 2010
    Heh, I can never open a deck of card without bending the top. Ever.

They look amazing :D Thanks so much for the pictures. Is the back of the cards the same as the back of the deck?
  • edited June 2010
    Avistew wrote: »

They look amazing :D Thanks so much for the pictures. Is the back of the cards the same as the back of the deck?

The back of the cards are pretty much the same as the back of the deck, except the cards have a very small "Copyright LucasArts" in the corner.
  • edited June 2010
    Those are actually pretty cool. Nice.
  • edited June 2010
    good luck with your voodoo spels :P (they are looking good mayby i buy them)
  • edited June 2010
    Avistew wrote: »

*lol* Sounds familiar. And if I manage to do it the first time, I mess up the second time I open it. :D
  • edited June 2010
    Thanks for the pictures, the cards look really nice.

But why is there an ESRB rating on the box?
  • edited June 2010
    Huh... the betrayal card is missing the knife in his back.
  • edited June 2010
    Tilan wrote: »
    But why is there an ESRB rating on the box?

I was wondering the same thing.
  • edited June 2010
    Oh wow, these are really cool.

So Voodoo Cards: ready for shipping
    Art Portfolio: ready for shipping
    Tomi deluxe edition: ready for shipping

Lets hope it doesn't take too long for the stuff to get here now!!
  • edited June 2010
    So the special card is indeed The Fool (or an equivalent name). That makes sense.

Let's see, direct Tarot equivalents...as I mentioned elsewhere, The Tower, The Lovers, Strength, Justice, and Death are direct equivalents. Now that I know LeChuck on his throne is The Devil, that's another direct counterpart. The Shivress could quite easily correspond to The High Priestess/Popess (the imagery doesn't seem to match with The Empress and there's no male counterpart to serve as The Emperor). Thematically, The Journey can stand in for The Chariot, The Guide could stand in for The Magician/Juggler, and Betrayal, Treachery, or The Victim could stand in for The Hanged Man/Traitor. Add those ten equivalents to The Fool (which if it is indeed called that is another direct equivalent) and my thinking that half of the voodoo deck could be tied to the Major Arcana with relative ease was dead on.
  • edited June 2010
    zwollie wrote: »
    Tomi deluxe edition: ready for shipping

Huh? What? Where? What are you talking about? My order has the deluxe edition in it and it still says that annoying "backordered" thing...
  • edited June 2010
    They look great! I'm a little disappointed they didn't include the Scientist card though. That one was my favorite.
  • edited June 2010
    Damn, I didn't really want these until seeing them...
  • edited June 2010

Wow. That case would've made a way better slip cover for the Deluxe DVD with the Purcell artwork being the main artwork in the actual case.

Oh yes, the cards are nice too! :)
  • edited June 2010
    I thought about just saving your pictures and looking at them when ever I wanted to look at them so I wouldn't have to actually open mine..... But I couldn't resist.... I lasted about 2 minutes before I tore into the plastic and showed my kids..
  • edited June 2010
    Secret Fortunetelling Secret: You don't actually have to know what the cards represent, if you want to tell someone their future you just have to work off of the cards and how the person reacts to what you are saying. Cold reading and all that jazz. The downside is that if you try it on someone you know well who kind of believes this stuff they might start to think you have "The Gift" or something.
  • edited June 2010
    you need your own 1-800 number!!!
  • edited June 2010
    Seriously, it's amazing how easily people can believe. I did it once against my wishes, telling my friend I didn't know anything about Tarot and she still thought I might have psychic powers! I had to finally give a "bad" reading a year later to get her to stop bugging me about it. I've also made guesses about people's habits or likes a couple of times that made them think I was "special". People really don't realize how much they reveal about themselves in how they talk, what they say, their body language and eye movements.
  • edited June 2010
    Does it work over the Internet? I don't want people to guess stuff about me...

...wait, I tell you guys everything already. Nevermind.
  • edited June 2010
    Hrrrm, I just did a reading for you Avistew. Turns out you once shot a man in Reno.
  • edited June 2010
    Nope, that was me. But do you know why?
  • edited June 2010
    Lena_P wrote: »

he cut the cucumber lengthwise?
  • edited June 2010
    Ok those cards look really cool but when I read "includes all the cards seen in the game" I thought the set...you know...includes ALL the cards seen in the game! Actually I just want one of them: the 6th Sense and apparently it's not there :(
  • edited June 2010
    The 6th Sense will be a special holographic card to be released in the future....

....ok no, but that would be awesome.
  • edited June 2010
    Hrrrm, I just did a reading for you Avistew. Turns out you once shot a man in Reno.
    Lena_P wrote: »

He was the sheriff, not the deputy? :D
  • edited June 2010
    I got my Voodoo cards today. They're really nice, high quality-looking cards.

I also got the logo t-shirt today too. The logo on the front is a little bit smaller than I thought it'd be, but it still looks really nice. The back of the shirt also has the phrase "I'm a Mighty Pirate" written in small green letters near the collar. I don't remember this being mentioned on the product page when I ordered it, so I thought I'd mention it here.
  • edited February 2012
    Great! How much are you willing to sell the whole set for? Not greedy, just curious.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.