Character Definitions

Okay, dweeb alert, but who are Tycho and The Heavy? What games are they from?

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Tycho, I believe, is from a web comic called Penny Arcade, there was also a two episode game I think. The Heavy is from Team Fortress 2.
  • edited September 2010
    The heavy is one of the playable classes from the online shooter and hat simulator Team Fortress 2. Here's his character vid- http://www.teamfortress.com/heavy.htm

Tycho is one of the 2 main characters of the long running webcomic Penny Arcade. Check it out here- http://www.penny-arcade.com

Edit: NINJAS!

If you want to know the characters conections to Telltale: Sam & Max and TF2 perivously crossed over with maxes head being a hat in TF2 and a dispencer from tf2 apearing in "Beyond the alley of the dolls".
    As for Tycho: Telltale games always shows up at the Penny Arcade Expo (Remember making a scene with telltale.)
  • edited September 2010
    Nintomster wrote: »
    there was also a two episode game I think.

You are correct. There were 2 great episodes of a roleplaying game. Sadly they did not sell too well and so the series was ended early. (You can see in Episode 2 that at least a third episode was planned)

Those 2 episodes are pretty cheap on steam (5€ each)
  • edited September 2010
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    There were 2 great episodes of a roleplaying game[/URL]. Sadly they did not sell too well and so the series was ended early. (You can see in Episode 2 that at least a third episode was planned)

I've actually heard that, while that was definitely a factor, another reason was because Mike and Jerry just didn't like making games, and if they weren't selling well, then what's the point?

Anyway, the OP asked for definitions, so I'm going to go into a little more detail about who they are.

The Heavy, known formerly as The Heavy Weapons Guy, is a bald, Russian mercenary who worked in Nevada in the 60s. His specialty is, of course, heavy weapons, but more specifically miniguns that cost $400,000 to shoot for 12 seconds. He has very slow mannerisms and movement, but his opponents dread encountering him, especially if he's accompanied by his good friend, the Medic.

Tycho Brahe is a writer with a wife and two kids. His best friend is John Gabriel (better known as 'Gabe'), an artist with ADD and, well, different taste in books and movies. The two are gamers, and they like to talk about video games! They are comic foils of each other: while Gabe is slow-witted but casual and more approachable, Tycho has common sense but is pretentious and loquacious. This comic defines Tycho pretty well.
  • edited September 2010
    Tycho Brahe is a writer with a wife and two kids. His best friend is John Gabriel (better known as 'Gabe'), an artist with ADD and, well, different taste in books and movies. The two are gamers, and they like to talk about video games! They are comic foils of each other: while Gabe is slow-witted but casual and more approachable, Tycho has common sense but is pretentious and loquacious. This comic defines Tycho pretty well.
    OH, OK, INSTANT Penny Arcade fan. Thanks for the link! We 50-somethings sometimes need a little help getting around the 'net...
  • edited September 2010
    I've actually heard that, while that was definitely a factor, another reason was because Mike and Jerry just didn't like making games, and if they weren't selling well, then what's the point?

I believe Jerry said he actually enjoyed it while Mike abhorred the process.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.