XBLA / Ep1 Act 3 potential bug - not enough cheese (spoiler)

edited September 2010 in Wallace & Gromit
I think I've noticed a bug in Episode 1 Act 3, perhaps you can confirm.

I've removed the bees from the garden and from the town square. I've dropped a piece of Wensleydale down the hatch next to the record player, and I've sent the Sniffer to it. I now realise that this wasn't what I should have done (after reading the FAQ), but it's too late...

I was trying not to use the gorgonzola (in order to get the achievement). So, when I saw the policeman drop his piece outside the police station, I left it, thinking that another solution would present itself. This piece of cheese has now disappeared.

So as far as I can tell, I can't get any more cheese. I can't pick a piece up from outside Mr Paneer's shop. There's nothing in Wallace's bedroom - I don't think I've missed a piece anywhere else, perhaps someone can let me know?

A friend of mine has also independently got stuck in exactly the same place.

Really enjoying the game - great stuff. But I am now stuck and guess I'll have to start afresh - unless anyone has a suggestion?

Thanks in advance

Paul.

Comments

• edited June 2009
    Have you tried to talk to the policeman again? - If I remember correctly, he then tells you something like "by the way, I found this inside the cell" and hands you the missing piece of cheese.
  • edited June 2009
    I *think* you're gonna have to bite the bullet and just use the gorgonzola. To get the achievement, you'll have to plan ahead slightly and think a little differently. I don't want to give anything away, obviously.
  • edited June 2009
    In other words, you'll have to start afresh! Sorry!
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    Yeah, unfortunately you have hit a pretty nasty bug that will require you to either load an old save or start over the game. The frustrating part is that almost no one would ever run into it if it weren't for the achievement. Really sorry about that!
  • edited July 2009
    My daughter and I were not trying to get the gorgonzola achievement, but we hit this bug today. We dropped the Wensleydale cheese onto the beehive, and even managed to get the sniffer over to the stairs, but now cannot get the sniffer to take us up into the beehive. We can't drop the gorgonzola down the coal door (Gromit just shakes his head). This is a pretty nasty game-stopping bug.
  • edited July 2009
    I never had that problem. I dropped the wensleydale onto the beehive & changed the sniffer's setting to search for the Wensleydale using the remote. It went right up there... I dunno how you all are doing this wrong.
  • edited July 2009
    mhatch wrote: »
    My daughter and I were not trying to get the gorgonzola achievement, but we hit this bug today. We dropped the Wensleydale cheese onto the beehive, and even managed to get the sniffer over to the stairs, but now cannot get the sniffer to take us up into the beehive. We can't drop the gorgonzola down the coal door (Gromit just shakes his head). This is a pretty nasty game-stopping bug.

It doesn't sound like you hit the bug.
    You use the Gorgonzola to get the mouse to the stairs. You don't need to drop it anywhere.
    The bug prevents you from obtaining the Gorgonzola. If you are saying that the
    Wensleydale has disappeared from the top of the hive
    , then this would be a different bug altogether.
  • edited July 2009
    I never had that problem. I dropped the wensleydale onto the beehive & changed the sniffer's setting to search for the Wensleydale using the remote. It went right up there... I dunno how you all are doing this wrong.

I did this on my second playthrough, trying to get the achievement. Ah well, I guess that's what achievements are for. To be annoying, addictive, and enforce extra playthroughs.

I like achievements :) Some of the Wallace & Gromit ones were really imaginative, kudos to TTG :D
  • edited September 2010
    mhatch wrote: »

So you dropped the wensleydale cheese down onto the beehive then went round to get the sniffer to you but then for some reason went back round and tried to drop the gorgonzola down the same hole, which is not what you do. All you do is change the settings to wensleydale, makes no sense why you can't drop the wensleydale cheese down the hole, go round to the cellar, make the sniffer come to you via the remote, by setting it to gorgonzola, getting in the sniffer, then setting the remote to wensleydale to get you to the top of the beehive.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.