Hit The Road Easter Eggs

edited September 2007 in Sam & Max
I just played through Hit the Road recently and I was wondering about the games easter eggs. I looked online and found out about one of Flints bullets having "Max" written on it. There was a screenshot, but I wanted to make sure it was for real I went and made one myself:
http://x5b.xanga.com/a73d84f103430146111788/m108330705.png

I also remembered something from when I played the game years ago as a kid, about this cat that appears outside the office, but I couldn't really figure out if I was just delusional or if it was for the mac version/demo or something. So I played around with the game and ended up finding it. If you leave the office (with the orders)and go to the carnival and then come straight back to the office there is a grey sickly cat on the alley fence which you can try and talk to:
http://x45.xanga.com/fd3821f4184a8146111527/m108330512.png

Once you leave it'll be gone the next time you come back. I don't know the story behind this one and it would neat to find out. Is this all common knowledge and I've just missed out?
Also, does anyone else know about any other easter eggs other then these?

Comments

• edited September 2007
    the cat is there sometimes and sometimes not. i never got the impression there is anything special to it..
  • edited September 2007
    I went back to the office a bunch of times throughout the game and it was never there, except for that one time.
  • edited September 2007
    I seem to recall it being there alot...but I havent played it for ages so I may be recalling wrong...but its a pretty distinctive cat...
  • edited September 2007
    I didn't know about the max bullet.
    that's pretty cool
  • edited September 2007
    That cat down the alley was really confusing. I kept thinking I had to solve a puzzle involving it, but then it kept going!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2007
    wisp wrote: »
    the cat is there sometimes and sometimes not.

you never know until you look
  • edited September 2007
    oh yeah! I renember the cat! But I didn't think it was anything special he just appeared lol =P
  • edited September 2007
    I remember that trying to talk to the cat was somehow amusing. Also, remember how you could enter Boscoe's and do something in there.
  • edited September 2007
    Yep, that Bosco dialogue was absolutely hilarious. Something like "hey max, this Bosco guy thinks we're not scary!", and of course absurd violence ensues.
  • edited September 2007
    Sam walked in to find "Mr. Bosco" Being robbed, it was the thieves who thought they weren't scary, then max flips out and creates carnage that we, thankfully, can't see.
  • edited September 2007
    "The smart ass kid doesn't think we're scary"

Something like that^
  • edited September 2007
    Hey, I don't think Mr. Bosco's voluntarily giving away his money!
    Oh, I'm real terrified! A dog and a rabbit. Ooh, scary!
    Max, the smartass kid doesn't think we're scary. What do you think about that?
    Grrr...
    That's telling him, little buddy.
    [...]
    I think that punk learned a valuable lesson, Sam.
    Me too, Max. I didn't realize that the lower lip could stretch completely over the head.
    Amazing.
    ("Please lengthen your message to at least 3 characters.")
  • edited September 2007
    hahaha loved that last line :D
  • edited September 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    you never know until you look

Schrödinger's alleycat?

Not long after I first got the game a friend told me that there was a way to get guns and be able to shoot at anything on screen. Thank god I didn't look too far into it and spend stupid amounts of time trying to get it working.
  • edited September 2007
    The Bosco moment is the kind of thing that makes me like Sam & Max so much. No violence, but sure a lot of implied violence :-)
  • edited September 2007
    That moment in Boscoe's store might explain how he became so parinoid. lol.

As for HtR easter eggs, I don't know if this is one, but please tell me you've tryed constantly picking up an object and heard all of sam's lines. Especially the last one. Hillarious!

It went something like this

Sam: Oh I give up
    Max: Oh now you done it! You've spoiled Sam's sense of (I don't remember what it was) with your attempts to pick up that stupid object
    Sam: *sighs*
    Max: In fact if I didn't find his pityful sobbing so amusing, I'd go out there and rip your limbs off.

Oh and have you guys actually tried putting money in the well at Bumpusville(twice!)
  • edited September 2007
    i did try the well. wasn't it
    "i wish this game was already over" or something
    ?
  • edited September 2007
    I wish I knew what Max was thinking....

and then

I wish this game were over.

GAME OVER
  • jmmjmm
    edited September 2007
    Molokov wrote: »
    I wish I knew what Max was thinking....

and then

I wish this game were over.

GAME OVER

I loved that part on HTR...
    starting with
    "Well, Well, Well" and all the interactions in the area including the reply from Sam after reading Max thoughts (".....") ... pure genius
  • edited July 2013
    Here's a good one I just found out. Using the "get" command on any object that can't be picked up a few times will cause a cutscene to happen where Sam "gives up" and then sobs. The wierd part about it is that Max will say "You've broken Sam's spirit with your stupid attempts to pick up that silly object." However, when the subtitles are on, it replaces the text "that silly object" with the objects ID number.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.