PSN and Mac Confirmed!

http://mixnmojo.com/news/Strong-Bad-is-cool-with-the-PS3-and-Mac
Telltale tells us Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People is heading to PSN (December 21st) and Mac (soon!). That's great, really, as it's now available for pretty much every major gaming platform.

Other than the 360 that is.

And not to get too Tingler here, but it'd be nice to see TTG release some more games for that platform too. I'd buy 'em!

Comments

• edited December 2010
    I have neither a Playstation or a Mac, but I'm still happy at this news. It might mean that if there are enough sales on these platforms Telltale might consider a second season! So, yeah, this is just fueling my hopes really.
  • edited December 2010
    How much is it gonna be? I'm thinking it'll be 20 bucks, but that's really just from history. ToMI, and the Sam and Max seasons on 360 are all 20 bucks.
  • edited December 2010
    W00t! That's good to know! Didn't expect this so soon!

I'll hopefully be getting a PS3 at christmas, so I'll put this on my "things to play" list. Even though SBCG4AP is my least favorite TT game, and I'd get Tales of Monkey Island, Back to the Future and The Devil's Playhouse on PS3 from Telltale before getting this, it was still a thoroughly enjoyable game and it'll be good to play it again on the big screen.

Great to see you guys branching out to other consoles, and good to see you're planning to stay with the PS3. Cause...I gonna have one. :p

So how about the rumoured iPad version? I have no iPad, or any intention of getting an iPad, but is that confirmed too?
  • edited December 2010
    This is great. I don't have a PS3, but i'm still pumped. Brothers ain't giving up yet.
  • edited December 2010
    The Telltale newsletter says it'll be $14.99.

So...translating that to pounds, it'll be £9.99.

That's...pretty awesome to be honest.
    I think I'll pick this up after BTTF and ToMI.

So...any chance of bringing S&M seasons 1 and 2 to the PS3? :p
    :)
  • edited December 2010
    Wait where is the iPad?
  • edited December 2010
    Is this going to be Move enabled? Is it going to be Move ONLY?
  • edited December 2010

No to both, 99.99996% sure of it.
  • edited December 2010

Nope.

I'm producing all of the SB conversion projects, Mac is indeed coming and I can neither confirm nor deny any other platforms after that.
  • edited December 2010
    The only way I'm playing this is if it's on xbox 360. It would be nice to have more point and click games on it, beside Monkey Island: SE
  • edited December 2010
    mathman77 wrote: »
    The only way I'm playing this is if it's on xbox 360. It would be nice to have more point and click games on it, beside Monkey Island: SE

I think Telltale's given up on the 360, sadly.
  • edited December 2010
    Also, I noticed something about the blog announcement.

If you hadn't already heard, the diminutive yet tough as nails Strong Bad is giving his beloved Compé a break as Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People is headed to the PlayStation Network this month!

Is this some sort of subtle joke, Alan? Because Strong Bad has been giving his beloved Compé a break for well over a year now. :(
  • edited December 2010
    Big Whoop!! (not sarcasm)
    I think my PS3 just came a little.

Wallace & Gromit next, please.
  • edited December 2010
    If that voice file was right it raises the question:

When will we be seeing Murder at the inventory? :D
  • edited December 2010
    are the controls in sbcg4ap the same as in sam and max season 3
  • edited December 2010
    I think Telltale's given up on the 360, sadly.

Yeah, after the 'Wallace & Grommit: Grand Adventures' fiasco, I guess Telltale has kinda given up on M$.
  • edited December 2010
    M$.
    You are eight years old.

Also, they have given no sign of giving up hope. They will just wait until the time is right.
  • edited December 2010
    You are eight years old.

Also, they have given no sign of giving up hope. They will just wait until the time is right.

No, it was just a bad joke.

And I hope they release these on Xbox 360 one day, I could really use some more easy achhievements. (Heck, I still use the Sam & Max 'City Streets' for my Dash Theme.)
  • edited December 2010
    Already paid $50 (5x$10) to own these on WiiWare, but will gladly plunk down another $20-$30 to re-buy them for PSN. Trophies will be an excellent incentive to replay.

I love you Telltale
  • edited December 2010
    Ooh! Sorry X-box, but THIS attactive game is going to the PS3.

Oh, and on a lower note. Could you put Wallace and Gromit on PS3 too?
  • edited December 2010
    nickman317 wrote: »
    Ooh! Sorry X-box, but THIS attactive game is going to the PS3.

Oh, and on a lower note. Could you put Wallace and Gromit on PS3 too?

I don't think Telltale has the Wallace and Gromit license anymore.

If they do, though, I second this!
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited December 2010
    Also, I noticed something about the blog announcement.

If you hadn't already heard, the diminutive yet tough as nails Strong Bad is giving his beloved Compé a break as Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People is headed to the PlayStation Network this month!

Is this some sort of subtle joke, Alan? Because Strong Bad has been giving his beloved Compé a break for well over a year now. :(
    It just meant that Strong Bad is taking a break from the PC (his Compé) to play PlayStation 3.

It would be really fun if the Brothers chaps made a PSN SBCG4AP ad like the Wiiware ones, but I doubt that's going to happen.
  • edited December 2010
    seher wrote: »
    Nope.

I'm producing all of the SB conversion projects, Mac is indeed coming and I can neither confirm nor deny any other platforms after that.
    SBCG4AP on the n-gage please.
  • edited December 2010
    SBCG4AP on the n-gage please.

Screw that! Virtual Boy! You still haven't brought Tales of Monkey Island to it like you promised!
  • edited December 2010
    They should be bringing it to the Phillips CD-I.
  • edited December 2010
    Today's the dayyyyyyy!
    Has anyone bought this yet? How does it play?

• edited December 2010
    Today's the dayyyyyyy!

Just got it. It plays great! The controls could get some getting used to but that's all fixed in the Tutorial.
  • edited December 2010
    I would buy it, but Europe don´t have it. Any info about Europe?
  • edited December 2010
    Today's the dayyyyyyy!

i played the demo on PS3 and holy @#$@#$ the graphics are HD !!!! ish and alot cartoony in HD !!! awesome =) im gonna buy it soon after i get BTTF :D
  • edited December 2010
    if i already bought SBCG4AP on PC is there a way i can download it for the PlayStation Network by redeeming codes or something?????????????
  • edited December 2010
    if i already bought SBCG4AP on PC is there a way i can download it for the PlayStation Network by redeeming codes or something?????????????

Nope.
  • edited December 2010
    Gogeta504 wrote: »
    i played the demo on PS3 and holy @#$@#$ the graphics are HD !!!! ish and alot cartoony in HD !!! awesome =) im gonna buy it soon after i get BTTF :D

Erm... sorry to burst your bubble, but the PC version is just as HD to my knowledge.
  • edited December 2010
    Dearest Tellatale, where is our Mac version? The year is almost done, and I was expecting it to be out before the first of the year, as you had announced that it would be availabale for mac before the end of the year and it is already out on PSN. My mac is definitly attractive.
  • edited December 2010
    Supagreen wrote: »
    Dearest Tellatale, where is our Mac version? The year is almost done, and I was expecting it to be out before the first of the year, as you had announced that it would be availabale for mac before the end of the year and it is already out on PSN. My mac is definitly attractive.
    I said the same thing... but in October. I guess I pissed 'em off. Sorry...
  • edited December 2010
    Yeah, but the PSN version wasnt out then.
  • edited December 2010
    Can someone record some footage for the ps3 version, please?
  • edited December 2010

I tried the demo, it's exactly the same as the PC version running in a matching resolution. No new content whatsoever outside of the hover-over bit on the main menu, which is boring anyway iirc.
  • edited January 2011

Run it on your PC at 1920x1080, record some footage, then photoshop in PlayStation control graphics into the interface. :)
  • edited January 2011
    Is there anti-aliasing? If so, they should add it to the PC version too. I'm tired of controlling block blockerson, it should look more like a flash cartoon.
  • edited January 2011
    Do you get all games at once or do we have to wait every month for the next one
Sign in to comment in this discussion.