Lucky Purchase?

I went to Best Buy and got the last SBCG4AP they had. When it rang up at the counter it said $0.01. They let me have it for that price! Not even a tax! Is this price normal?

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Heck no, something must be wrong with the system if it came up the a price of one cent! You just got lucky... and why are you complaining about it anyway?!?
  • edited January 2011
    Well, where I work, if something goes down to 0.01p that means that we no longer sell it and we have to waste it. (I.E. Throw whatever it is away). It's quite rare when it happens, but needless to say when it does we take it for free! Apparently it can't be taken off the system, so it has to have an amount. Since 0 isn't regarded as an amount, 0.01p is the closest it can get. So I assume that shop was no longer meant to be selling that item, but an oversight meant they still had it on the shelves. This is the only explanation I can think of, anyway.
  • edited January 2011
    You have the luck of...I got nothin. You're just really freaking lucky.
  • edited January 2011
    I guess they forgot to take it down as jeeno0142 said. I looked around the PC section and that was the only one they had. Amazing!
  • edited January 2011
    I know here in the UK, if a store incorrectly prices an item, legally they have to sell it at that price if a customer notices it before the store corrects it.

Dunno if the US have a similar law, but if they do, that might explain why you got it for a cent. Either way, it was one hell of a good find. Congrats :P
  • edited January 2011
    Yeah, weird. I have seen things ring up at 0.01 at my work, and the answer is always "Sorry, it looks like we can't sell this." Sort of surprised that they let you take it.
  • edited January 2011
    CCowell125 wrote: »
    I know here in the UK, if a store incorrectly prices an item, legally they have to sell it at that price if a customer notices it before the store corrects it.

Dunno if the US have a similar law, but if they do, that might explain why you got it for a cent. Either way, it was one hell of a good find. Congrats :P

There's no law for it in the US as far as I know. I've had items ring up differently than they're marked before and have had the price both honored and declined; I think it's up to the retailer.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.