Who owns Fables?

Do the rights to Fables belong to Vertigo or Bill Willingham?

I'm just curious about who Telltale had to go through to acquire the license. The idea of Telltale and DC Comics working together (even if it's for a non-DCU property) seems really cool to me. :)

Comments

• edited February 2011
    I'd say BATMAN OH MY GOD, but seeing as Mark Hamill wouldn't be involved, moot point.
  • edited February 2011
    IIRC, the rights are shared between DC and Bill Willingham.
  • edited February 2011
    I'm just curious about who Telltale had to go through to acquire the license. The idea of Telltale and DC Comics working together (even if it's for a non-DCU property) seems really cool to me. :)

If that's what interest you, then yes, Telltale surely got DC's consent for the acquisition of the rights. But I don't think they "work togheter", supposedly Telltale asked for the rights, DC consented and Telltale paid, that's it. It is possible that Bill Willingham (who is Fred's long lost brother ;) ) will work on or supervise the game though.
  • edited February 2011
    Ribs wrote: »
    I'd say BATMAN OH MY GOD, but seeing as Mark Hamill wouldn't be involved, moot point.

That's okay. DiMaggio could fill in for him. He did a good job in Under the Red Hood.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.