Hector: Badge of Carnage

Hector: Badge of Carnage, probably the most random of the announcements. I checked the trailer and it looks HILARIOUS! An unexpected gem.

Thoughts, questions anyone?

Comments

• edited February 2011
    It looks funny as hell I'l probably get it.
  • edited February 2011
    I like the humor. I probably won't buy it, but I'm not against it.
  • edited February 2011
    Is this based off something? Looks neat.
  • edited February 2011
    Seems like TTG is pretty much just going to distribute/publish the game... So its not really a TTG game....

Judging from the trailer it does look decent.... I will give it a shot.
  • edited February 2011
    Well they do say in the press release:
    We're continuing the comedically raunching crime story, with Episode 1 already in the iTunes App Store, in a partnership with Straandlooper Studios. We're also bringing Episode 1 to PC, Mac, and iPad. Watch the trailer above.

Though the way it is worded it is hard to tell what they mean.

Edit: Looks like Telltale aren't doing their own: source. But that's fine.
  • edited February 2011
    Is this based off something? Looks neat.

In a way, it is. Straandlooper, the developer, was originally an animation studio that made a kid's show for TV and as a series of iPhone apps. They tried to get a Hector show made, but Irish television is too focused on reality shows these days, so they went ahead with a game of it. Straandlooper's only small and all the voices are done by one guy. This might be their big break!
  • edited February 2011
    LOVED the line when he's in the clocktower and says "Something about this place rings a bell" over the 'dong' in the background. I couldn't stop laughing at the promo.
  • edited February 2011
    This is for the app store only right?
    This gives me more incentive to win that ipod touch on ebay :P
  • edited February 2011
    No Hector Ep 1 is coming to the computer followed by other eps.
  • edited February 2011
    I'm definitely gonna get it. It looks like a modern successor to Conker's Bad Fur Day. Especially with all the voices done by one guy.
  • edited February 2011
    It's the only one of the announced games that actually has me interested
    (i might check out king's quest as well, but i'll admit i've never played the old ones, so i don't really care much about that one. Oh, and i liked the first few walking dead comics, but i dunno... not sure how i feel about a game based on it).

So yeah, i'll probably check it out, at least it looks like i might run on this lame old comp of mine.
  • edited February 2011
    It was made in Northern Ireland. And though I'm not from there, still that makes me extremely happy. :)
  • edited February 2011
    I'm a Nordie. But being a big old Fenian I just say i'm Irish. Studio's about 40mins away from me...everything in Norn Iron's always 40 minutes away actually
  • edited February 2011
    Wow, very adult for TTG in my opinion.
  • edited February 2011
    Well I'm sold. When can I preorder?

For those of you who don't know... this is Gok Wan. He forces people to take their clothes off in front of TV cameras.

gok-wan.jpg
  • edited February 2011
    Gok-Wan confirmed for new years honours
  • edited February 2011
    Well I'm sold. When can I preorder?

For those of you who don't know... this is Gok Wan. He forces people to take their clothes off in front of TV cameras.

gok-wan.jpg

How I envy him.
  • edited February 2011
    I forgot to google that.
  • edited February 2011
    I'd love if Gok Wan made a cameo in the game. XD I'd die of laughter.
  • edited February 2011
    I'd love if Gok Wan made a cameo in the game. XD I'd die of laughter.

He's mentioned, hence someone explaining who he was on this thread.
  • edited February 2011
    He's mentioned, hence someone explaining who he was on this thread.

What I meant was like... actually a character we could see in the game. XD
  • edited February 2011
    Will this be on anything else? Or just Iphone. Cause I never laughed so hard at a trailer before. lol I want to play this but I don't want an Iphone.... I already have a phone.
  • edited February 2011
    Will this be on anything else? Or just Iphone. Cause I never laughed so hard at a trailer before. lol I want to play this but I don't want an Iphone.... I already have a phone.

Telltale are bringing it to PC and maybe the other consoles too so no need to fear, you don't need to go buy an iPhone :)
  • edited February 2011
    Awesome. I was thinking that it would be a nice addition to my PSP. But PC will be fine.
  • edited February 2011
    My favorite part was

"I'm closing down this smut mechants."
    "On'a what charge?"
    "Obesity. (Without missing a beat) Ballbags didn't think that one through.
  • edited February 2011
    Hang on, I think I got some in my car
    LOL
  • edited February 2011
    why does telltale even want to make these games
  • edited February 2011
    seibert999 wrote: »
    why does telltale even want to make these games

Why do you ask? Your Mom standing over your shoulder?
  • edited February 2011
    This game looks sweet I so can't wait to play it.
  • edited February 2011
    Why do you ask? Your Mom standing over your shoulder?

NO! i just though this is pretty intense for telltale, there last M game had less than this
  • edited February 2011
    seibert999 wrote: »
    NO! i just though this is pretty intense for telltale, there last M game had less than this

What game did they have that was M?
    CSI?

And telltale are not making the game, they are just helping with the engine.
  • edited February 2011
    For those of you that thought the trailer was funny, that is nothing..and I mean nothing compared to all of the great things going on in the game. Tons of love and humor poured into the writing and the backgrounds. Easily one of my favorite iPod experiences I ever had.
  • edited April 2011
    nodoctors wrote: »
    For those of you that thought the trailer was funny, that is nothing..and I mean nothing compared to all of the great things going on in the game.

Really looking forward to it, been a while since I played a new classic Point'n'Click.

Any idea on when this is being released on PC/Mac or is it still just speculation at this point?
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2011
    Woodsyblue wrote: »
    Any idea on when this is being released on PC/Mac or is it still just speculation at this point?

No announcements yet as far as I am aware. I can't wait to play it on PC though - based on the trailer, this one's an insta-buy for me. Looks like a right laugh.
  • edited April 2011
    I wonder of there will be any extras for people who pre order?
  • edited April 2011
    I got this on my iPod Touch after I found out about it on here, it is AWESOMETASTIC!!!!
  • edited April 2011
    sounds like a good game
Sign in to comment in this discussion.