Tales of Monkey Island - For Piano!

edited September 2011 in Tales of Monkey Island
Hi, everybody!

I'm making Piano arrengments of some of the songs from Tales of Monkey Island. For your delight, here's the first one I did...

Main Theme
The Swordfight
Good LeChuck's Theme
Spinner Cay
Hardtack and Trenchfoot
Merfolk Leader
Coronado DeCava's Theme
Club 41
DeSinge's Demise & LeChuck's Revenge
Rise of the Pirate God

I'm taking requests, so feel free to ask for another piece! I will update the page as I add more videos.

Enjoy!

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Morgan's theme! The one where Guybrush is fighting against Morgan for the first time. :)
  • edited March 2011
    I love listening to a piano playing, especially if it's playing something Monkey Island related! I've been trying to learn the piano myself, but it's a very slow process. One day though, one day I'll be able to play like you. (Okay, probably not. You are pretty dang good at it)! :p

Looking forward to the rest! Keep it coming!
  • edited March 2011
    Thanks a lot, guys! I really appreaciate your feedback :)

And here you go with the one you asked for...

The Swordfight

I modified some stuff here and there but in general its the same. Enjoy! And don't forget to ask for more! :)
  • edited March 2011
    Oh wow! Seriously loved that one!
  • edited March 2011
    Are you using Synthesia, Trenchfoot?
  • edited March 2011
    Sweeeeeeeet. :D
  • edited March 2011
    Debbie82 wrote: »
    Are you using Synthesia, Trenchfoot?

I use Anvil Studio to record the music from my keyboard and then SnythFont to upgrade the synths quality. Then I re-record it with Audacity.
  • edited March 2011
    Yeah. So I've been thinking if you can do that "De Singe's Demise" from Chapter 4, maybe.
  • edited March 2011
    One I would like to hear it she slow tune you hear when you first enter Spinner Cay, it's so nice and calm and I use it as alarm clock on my phone. :)
  • edited March 2011
    Sorry for the wait guys, but here they are:

DeSinge's Demise & LeChuck's Revenge
    Spinner Cay

Enjoy! :)
  • edited March 2011
    Oh! I thought of another one! DeCava's theme.
  • edited March 2011
    Oh! I thought of another one! DeCava's theme.

That's gonna be a tough one, as its almost a tango. But give me a couple of days and I'll see what I can do :)
  • edited April 2011
    Alrighty. :)
  • edited April 2011
    That is great! Is there any chance that you could play Hardtack and Trenchfoot's theme? This is one of my favourite soundtracks from the game.
  • edited April 2011
    That was really beautiful, I just sat with my eyes closed and could picture Spinner Cay.
    Gives it a whole new feel when it's played on piano.

Keep up the great work. :)
  • edited April 2011
    First of all, thank you guys for the support! It's really appreciated :)

And as requested, here you go:

Coronado DeCava's Theme
    Hardtack and Trenchfoot

Enjoy!
  • edited April 2011
    Aaaaaaah! Amazing work! Keep it up! :D
  • edited April 2011
    I would really like to hear your take on the main Monkey Island theme, and the tune that plays when you are at the Royal Throne, talking to the Mer-Leader, Elaine and McGillicutty.

I hope it's ok to request 2 things as no one has requested anything for a few days, I don't want you to be bored not having anything to do. :p
  • edited April 2011
    Lol don't worry I don't get bored. I do this mainly on my spare time, so it's not a problem. Besides, I really enjoy it! And sure, I'll upload the ones you asked for. Give me a couple of days, just in case :)
  • edited April 2011
    Coild you do the LeChuck Pirate God theme?
  • edited April 2011
    coolsome wrote: »
    Coild you do the LeChuck Pirate God theme?

The guy only asked for two songs at a time. You have to wait your turn.
  • edited April 2011
    Debbie82 wrote: »
    The guy only asked for two songs at a time. You have to wait your turn.

I have no problem waiting my turn. I didn't think he would do mine before anyone who asked before me. I was just putting it out there.
  • edited April 2011
    No problem, I love the Pirate God Theme! I'll do all the requests, eventually. I hope :D
  • edited April 2011
    All right, guys... Here are the first two requests. The Pirate God one is taking a little longer as its a more complex and longer track, but I hope I can finish it by tomorrow :)

Main Theme
    Merfolk Leader

Two things you'll probably notice: First, there's a little mistake in the Main Theme one, as my finger slipped and you can hear a sort of "clank!" but its nothing major. I apologise just in case :p
    And second, that the Merfolk Leader one originally didn't have an ending, so I added one myself. Its basically the same notes as the ending of the Coronado de Cava one, but a little different. Anyways, I hope it fits.

Enjoy!
  • edited April 2011
    Trenchfoot wrote: »

*Sigh* The day I finally learn the piano and can perform this song, my life will be complete.

I so envy you.
  • edited April 2011
    How about that "happy-clappy human LeChuck" theme in Chapter 2?
  • edited April 2011
    First, there's a little mistake in the Main Theme one, as my finger slipped and you can hear a sort of "clank!" but its nothing major.

Didn't even notice the slippage. That song still gives me little chills when I hear it. Good job!
  • edited April 2011
    Both was done beautifully and as WarpSpeed said, you can't hear the slip. :)

Again nice job, keep up the good work.
  • edited April 2011
    Thanks again, guys! Here we go with the new requests...

Rise of the Pirate God
    Good LeChuck's Theme

Enjoy!
    *Sigh* The day I finally learn the piano and can perform this song, my life will be complete.

I so envy you.

No need to envy me! I had problems with that piece myself when I started, but with time I got how to play it. You have to start with a simpler version, and try which hand you can do best. Practice with that first and then try the other one. It takes time and practice, but it's worth it! :)
  • edited April 2011
    No need to envy me! I had problems with that piece myself when I started, but with time I got how to play it. You have to start with a simpler version, and try which hand you can do best. Practice with that first and then try the other one. It takes time and practice, but it's worth it! :)

Well, I did try only the right hand of Jojo the Monkey's version that he plays in the Bloody Lip. It didn't go so well. I played it far too slowly and couldn't get the hang of speeding up. I will be trying again in the future, but only once I get through a few more lessons in the book I'm learning from. I'm detemined that I will be able to play it one day though. :rolleyes:
  • edited April 2011
    Thanks again, guys! Here we go with the new requests...

Rise of the Pirate God
    Good LeChuck's Theme

Awesome!
  • edited April 2011
    Nice job! Any chance of you posting the notation? For the main theme at least?
  • edited April 2011
    Oh! Oh! The Democratically United Brotherhood of the Manatee Interior! Or in short: Bugeye's theme!
  • edited April 2011
    Keeping this up: How about the "Club 41" theme? You know, the two versions of the theme that's played before and during the catfight in Chapter 4, and the somber theme in Chapter 5?
  • edited April 2011
    Sorry for taking a while, but I'm not having much free time these days. But as soon as I catch a little break, I'll upload the ones you guys asked for. Thank you so much for your support! :)
  • edited April 2011
    isocat wrote: »
    Nice job! Any chance of you posting the notation? For the main theme at least?

*puuuuush* :D
    That would really be kind.

best regards
    Dom
  • edited June 2011
    I hate to bring this up, but... Trenchfoot? Are you still there? :(
  • edited June 2011
    Sorry, I've been really busy these past days. The university is killing me! Literally. Well, not so much... But you get the idea.

However, if you can hang on till late July (that's when I'm having a little vacation), I promise I'll post some new stuff by then. Any maybe even some transcriptions!

Is that all right? Just have me a little patience :)
  • edited June 2011
    Yes, that will be okay, Trenchfoot. :)
  • edited August 2011
    Now I know this isn't what you guys have been asking for, but as I'm going away for a week I thought I could upload a little something I've been working on these past few days.

Here it is.

Enjoy! And let me know your thoughts :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.