Hector - Deutsche Fans

ABlanABlan Telltale Alumni
Hallo Alle, Telltale neues Game ist "Hector", was denkt die Deutsch Sprachige community darueber? Wuerden wir gern erfahren. Lust zu probieren? Sag uns Bescheid.

Tschuess

Andre

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Wirklich freuen uns auf dieses Spiel. es sieht aus wie eine Menge Spaß.
  • edited April 2011
    You guys are using a very bad translator for your postings...

However, i cant wait to play the game, but i'm going to play the awesome british version and not the bad synchronized german version. Thats not a problem of Telltale, every game sucks in german, since we don't have good Voiceoverguys.
  • edited April 2011
    thiz wrote: »
    every game sucks in german, since we don't have good Voiceoverguys.
    Ich behaupte wir haben in Deutschland exzellente Sprecher und sind durch die beinahe lückenlose und qualitativ hochwertige Synchronisation ausländischen Filmmaterials verwöhnt. Spontan fällt mir da der Prinz von Bel-Air ein. Mach mal nen A-B-Vergleich der Audio-Qualität (Wortwitz aussen vorgelassen^^)
    Über deutsche Spiele-Synchros kann ich nichts sagen und ob hier die Hersteller / Vertriebe zu geizig oder die guten Sprecher in Deutschland zu gierig sind, darüber kann man nur spekulieren.

I've only learned about it on the ttg-website and it's looking promising. I'll give it a try!

PS: Thx for caring ABlan. I really appreciate this. I'll stick with english though.
    What seems to be an adaption of "communauté" really made me smile :D High five for the french. Regarding "(internet-)community" in the German language I'd say the english word is commonly accepted and possible translations as "Gemeinschaft/Gemeinde" or "Kommune" are mostly used in different context.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited April 2011
    thiz wrote: »
    Thats not a problem of Telltale, every game sucks in german, since we don't have good Voiceoverguys.

I disagree! We've got a host of thoroughly trained, young, enthusiastic and versatile voice actors. You just never get to hear them, or their work is seriously impaired by the circumstances under which they have to work. Problem is: If the franchise is willing to pay good money for their translation/dubbing, they will hire either heavily overused "popular voices" (stating rubbish like "with the voices of Jack Nicholson und Nicolas cage" on the cover) or they will hire known German actors (or worse: celebrities without actor training).

Both can work, but definitly doesn't make a fresh and creative product. The other problems ruining German dubbing in Games are (a) bad dubbing companies which do not even take a look at the game and do not provide their voice actors with situational context or notes on sentence emphasis and (b) tadah, bad translations which slavishly reproduce the English original word-by-word. There actually was a time some decades ago when movie/TV comedies in Germany were translated without actually adhering that much to the original text, leading to the brilliant and really funny German dubbings of "The Persuaders!" ("Die Zwei") and a lot of Bud Spencer/Terence Hill movies which gained popularity not least because of these "irreverent" translations.

I've seldom experienced an equally good dubbing in years, although the German version of "Ten things I hate about you" is surprisingly bold. ;)
  • edited April 2011
    Is the game also in Deutsche language?
  • ABlanABlan Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2011
    Vielen Dank! hast Du doch meine Franzoesiche Abstammung erkannt, Good job! :-) Bis dem naechsten
    A
  • ABlanABlan Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2011
    Is the game also in Deutsche language?

No sorry the game comes in english only.
  • edited April 2011
    Ich bin ebenfalls auf Hector gespannt. Da ich in meinem Job auch öfter Englisch spreche (Telefon), finde ich es Super mir das ein oder andere von englischen Spielen abzugucken. :)

Episode 1 ist ja nur noch ein paar Stunden entfernt. :cool:
  • edited April 2011
    mnstyle wrote: »
    Ich bin ebenfalls auf Hector gespannt. Da ich in meinem Job auch öfter Englisch spreche (Telefon), finde ich es Super mir das ein oder andere von englischen Spielen abzugucken. :)

Ich bin mir aber nicht sicher, ob du die Zeilen aus Hector unbedingt beim Gespräch mit Kunden bringen solltest ;)
  • edited April 2011
    Yeah, I'm a German, but I'm done with German versions of games.
    It's been years since I have experienced a half-way decent dubbed version of a game or movie or tv show
    that didn't make me want to hurt myself or others. Mostly others.

By now I'm going out of my way to get my hands on UK or US versions of games,
    so I'm very grateful about what TTG did with BttF.
    (Also partly because of the ridiculous censoring laws I have to
    deal with here in moronic Germany. I'm 32 years old and can only get
    the german dubbed, low violence version? Erm hello? Better age checks please,
    like yesterday. I'm looking at you, Steam. I'm still looking at you, Steam.
    You suck. You suck bodily orrifices that are used for waste dispension.)

Anyways.
    As a German guy who looks forward to the game "Hector" I have to say:
    yay, I'm a German guy and look forward to the game... :P
  • edited April 2011
    I would pre-order it but I already own puzzle agent so there ist no advantage for me in it. Will there be a demo the same time of the release like in sam and max and most of other ttg Games?
  • edited April 2011
    nur Muttersprache Spiele überhaupt gut klingen. Wenn andere zu übersetzen versuchen Sie es zu einem schlechten Klang
  • edited April 2011
    @ABlan: You want us to test the game but as far as i can see there is no support for this game from TTG at all. I've asked questions about the demo - no reply. There are questions about the missing subtitles in cutscenes - no reply and there are questions about the possibility to turn subs off during the game - no reply. Since the game is useless for me without subtitles in the cinematics (which I'd noticed if the demo HAD worked) your concern for the fans seems to be fake. I have not bought the game yet and with such a crappy support I will not do it at all!
  • edited April 2011
    Wie nennt sich dieses Genre?

Das sieht so bisschen aus wie Day of Tentacle früher und so was geiles such ich schon länger.
  • edited May 2011
    XeeeV wrote: »
    Wie nennt sich dieses Genre?
    Das sieht so bisschen aus wie Day of Tentacle früher und so was geiles such ich schon länger.

Das Genre nennt sich "Adventure". Telltale sind dafür bekannt wirklich gute Adventures zu machen, die den Witz der alten Adventures wie z.B. dem von Dir erwähnten "Day of the Tentacle" haben. Der Schwierigkeitsgrad der Telltale Adventures ist maximal als mittel anzusehen, so daß auch unerfahrene Spieler die Möglichkeit haben, das Spiel durchzuspielen.

Wenn Du nicht sehr gut im britischen englisch bist, würde ich Dir hier aber abraten, denn wie oben schonm gesagt, gibt es in den Zwischensequenzen keinerlei Untertitel - auch keine englischen - und der Slang ist schon nicht sehr einfach zu verstehen.

Nahezu alle anderen Telltale Adventures (Sam and Max, Tales of Monkey Island, Wallace and Gromit, Zurück in die Zukunft, Strong Bad (wenn Du mit dem einfachen Stil etwas anfangen kannst), Bones (wenn Dich die familienfreundliche Geschichte nicht stört - die leider bisher nicht angeschlossen wurde udn wohl auch nicht wird) kann ich Dir aber nur ans Herz legen - alle verfügen über englische Untertitel, Wallace und Gromit verfügt auch über deutsche Untertitel, Zurück in die Zukunft sogar über eine deutsche Sprachausgabe.
  • edited May 2011
    Mir macht das Spiel einen riesen Spass. Ich besitze alle Sam+Max Teile, da ich den Humor einfach gern habe. Hector trifft genau meinen Geschmack da mir Back to the Future The Game einfach zu langweilig war. Ich bin noch nicht durch bei Hector, freue mich aber auf die nächsten Stunden. Möglicherweise werde ich mir die nächsten Teile auch anschauen.
  • edited May 2011
    Ich fand Hector EP1 extrem lustig, aber mir kann Humor auch nie dreckig und schwarz genug sein. :D
  • edited May 2011
    Könnte noch härter sein der Humor find ich!^^
    Britischer Humor is heftig, siehe das Leben des Brian. ;)
    Hoffe Hector dreht noch bisserl auf.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.