Pre-Order now available! Release date: April 27!

Comments

• edited April 2011
    tpjesus wrote: »
    I thought it was supposed to come out today? I can just imagine it getting delayed until fall to come out closer to the next 2 episodes. Nothing will surprise me anymore considering how close to the release day they decided to let everyone know about jurassic parks delay.

Don't worry this Hector game was already made on the ipod so theres not gona be any need to delay it like Jarrasic Park.
  • edited April 2011
    I thought it was supposed to come out today? I can just imagine it getting delayed until fall to come out closer to the next 2 episodes. Nothing will surprise me anymore considering how close to the release day they decided to let everyone know about jurassic parks delay.

Telltale Games is in California, as far as i know. So its still early in the morning for them.

Also i dont share your point of view about the delay. Hector is just a port - it was already finished when they started, so delaying that is close to impossible. Now Jurassic Park is a different thing. Almost everyone from the community said that the gameplay they saw sucked, and it was probably not the game Telltale has hoped for, so they delayed it to make something better out of it.
  • edited April 2011
    thiz wrote: »
    Telltale Games is in California, as far as i know. So its still early in the morning for them.

Also i dont share your point of view about the delay. Hector is just a port - it was already finished when they started, so delaying that is close to impossible. Now Jurassic Park is a different thing. Almost everyone from the community said that the gameplay they saw sucked, and it was probably not the game Telltale has hoped for, so they delayed it to make something better out of it.

Wow. People on these boards actually have some common sense towards JP. I've heard too many people ranting and raving over the postponement. I'm happy for it if it makes the game better.
  • edited April 2011
    Nasuke1 wrote: »
    Wow. People on these boards actually have some common sense towards JP. I've heard too many people ranting and raving over the postponement. I'm happy for it if it makes the game better.

Yes, i prefer staying calm and beeing smart over raging like a 12 year old =)
    I think the delay is the best they could have done.
  • edited April 2011
    .... I'm actually dying here, guys. I need that game, like, now. It's killing me how badly I want it... *keeps checking Californian time*
  • edited April 2011
    Hector is coming today :) Likely sometime in the afternoonish hours (Pacific Time)
  • edited April 2011
    If the delay for Jurassic Park is indeed for making the game better due to the poor feedback after the live demo that was shown a couple months ago, then by all means delay it until they believe its as great as they can make it. Personally I actually applaud the Heavy Rain-like gameplay as it is one of my favorite games for the ps3. But its the fact that they waited until last minute to inform us that they we're delaying the game, and not like a month or so, but the fall. They even stated days before the delay on the forums that they had it under control that really made me bitter. I dunno, maybe its just because I was really, REALLY looking forward for this game. But I love Telltale so i know I'm just going to forgive and forget. At least theres Back to the future ep4 this week.............right?
  • edited April 2011
    Hector is coming today :) Likely sometime in the afternoonish hours (Pacific Time)

Thank you, good sir! I can now plan the rest of my evening around this. :D
  • edited April 2011
    At least theres Back to the future ep4 this week.............right?

They confirmed it already, so yeah.
  • edited April 2011
    thiz wrote: »
    They confirmed it already, so yeah.

yeah i know, It was a joke.
  • edited April 2011
    Is the iPad version imminent too, or should we expect a short wait before that is released?
  • edited April 2011
    cant wait, cant wait, CANT WAAIIIIIIT!!!!

f*ck timezones, i hate them!!!

yes sun, you're right, i blame you and only you!!! damn you, sun!!!!

guess i'm going to play it tomorrow evening.... damn you, job!!!
  • edited April 2011
    thanks for the info :-)
  • edited April 2011
    valentine wrote: »
    thanks for the info :-)

yes, it's not telltale you have to blame, it's the damn f*cking sun!! earth rotation, sun, the universe, AAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

(are you from germany/europe too, or why are you thanking for info??)
  • edited April 2011
    mouseykins wrote: »
    Is the iPad version imminent too, or should we expect a short wait before that is released?

The iPad version is coming very soon but not this week. We'll let you guys know when we have a date for that.
  • edited April 2011
    I wish we got the vouchers today as i really want the hector season with mine, it looks like it could be really good fun to play :(
  • edited April 2011
    nblackburn wrote: »
    I wish we got the vouchers today as i really want the hector season with mine, it looks like it could be really good fun to play :(

Not ideal deal to spend it to anything less than about 34,99 dollar season.
  • edited April 2011
    Clord wrote: »
    Not ideal deal to spend it to anything less than about 34,99 dollar season.

I think Alan said that if anyone got the first episode of Hector with their JP voucher then they would also get the second & third episodes when they become available, essentially going for a 3 episode bundle (which I think will be generally available nearer to the release of the remaining episodes).
  • edited April 2011
    I think Alan said that if anyone got the first episode of Hector with their JP voucher then they would also get the second & third episodes when they become available, essentially going for a 3 episode bundle (which I think will be generally available nearer to the release of the remaining episodes).

Makes sense.
  • edited April 2011

Correct and i think its greedy buying the most expensive thing in the store, just because they have prolonged the release date, besides i like the look of hector it seems funny. :)
  • edited April 2011
    nblackburn wrote: »
    Correct and i think its greedy buying the most expensive thing in the store, just because they have prolonged the release date.

I think its the getting the best bargain urge which lives in most ppls DNA
  • edited April 2011
    coolsome wrote: »
    I think its the getting the best bargain urge which lives in most ppls DNA

i guess your right dude, everyone has that hard wired inside, but i just feel cruel deep down, taking advantage of such a incredible company.
  • edited April 2011
    The iPad version is coming very soon but not this week. We'll let you guys know when we have a date for that.

um isn't that already out?
  • edited April 2011

Alan, just an advice.

Next time you release a game, think about us, EURO guys. I think you know what I mean.

Thanks
  • edited April 2011
    _djs_ wrote: »
    Alan, just an advice.

Next time you release a game, think about us, EURO guys. I think you know what I mean.

Thanks

I don't think Alan is in charge of the "Release game"-button. Also: Getting the game out AT ALL is more important than to please some impatient "Euro guys". After all Telltale is a US-based company, so relax... or do something productive in the meantime. ;)
  • edited April 2011
    I don't think Alan is in charge of the "Release game"-button. Also: Getting the game out AT ALL is more important than to please some impatient "Euro guys". After all Telltale is a US-based company, so relax... or do something productive in the meantime. ;)

But doing homework is boooooring.... D:
  • edited April 2011
    _djs_ wrote: »
    Alan, just an advice.

Thanks
    Right...

you have fifteen minutes left to make your release window... after that, you're actually a day too late.

this "release problem" you always seem to have is actually something you need to work on.
    The most simple fix: give an actual release date, as in; "US - april 27, Europe - april 28".
    That way you don't make people wait all day for nothing.

(a better fix would be to release a game at the beginning of your business-day... that would fix the time zone problem)
  • edited April 2011
    http://www.telltalegames.com/download/Hector101

(based on the demo link which is now on the store page!)
  • edited April 2011
    God be praised!
  • edited April 2011
    neilka wrote: »

Why isnt that on my games section?
  • edited April 2011

... wait, how did you...??

... and the game isn't appearing in my account even. I got it as a gift from someone though. :?
  • edited April 2011
    neilka is probably from the future, perhaps an hour ahead.
  • edited April 2011
    coolsome wrote: »
    Why isnt that on my games section?

It's not in mine either. I saw that it's released for Steam Users already, had assumed it'd be open for everyone by now.

is kicking himself for ordering this early, before even knowing we'd get that JP voucher, when he has no time to play due to marking for a week or two anyway.
  • edited April 2011
    It is open to everyone! You can also use the demo link that's now on the store page - Telltale's full games are just the demos that you "unlock".
  • edited April 2011
    It is open to everyone! You can also use the demo link that's now on the store page - Telltale's full games are just the demos that you "unlock".

I'm gonna see will it work; hopefully it should. Gah, thanks for the heads up! :)
  • edited April 2011
    Tells me to be patient :(

Wont Unlock
  • edited April 2011
    DarkLink wrote: »
    Tells me to be patient :(

Wont Unlock

Well crap. :/
  • edited April 2011
    what the hell is going on here?
  • edited April 2011
    "Sorry, but this game is not publicly available yet. Please be patient."
  • edited April 2011
    Could it be that the demo does not work? It works till the login screen - than the program tells me that I don't own the game (wich I don't but that shouldn't interest for a demo) and does not start.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.