Should TBC do a Homestar Runner 15th anniversary website toon, shorts, and more?

So, as you probably know, 2009 is the tenthenial of homestarrunner.com. So, do you think that TBC should have a tenthenial toon for the site tenthenial?

Personally, I hope they either make a 15th anniversary toon or bring back MLS and a JJC.

P.S. dunno when is on? :(

Comments

• edited May 2011
    why no one posting?
  • edited May 2011
    I knew there was a reason I still checked this forum occasionally. xD

If you haven't noticed, this little subforum is on the brink of being put under "The Classics", right at the very bottom of the list. It's been several years since SBCG4AP, and a very long time since the site itself was regularly updating, so there aren't very many people around anymore, anywhere in the fandom. You can hardly expect a response in 34 hours. Maybe a week, if you're lucky. Excluding this response. xD

On the topic brought up, I think they should. Something like that, if they're still being that slow come 2014, might help them get back into it... but then again, I don't really want to wait THAT long for them to start updating regularly again. I thought this was their job! Why are they seemingly not bothered about it anymore? D:
  • edited May 2011
    I knew there was a reason I still checked this forum occasionally. xD

If you haven't noticed, this little subforum is on the brink of being put under "The Classics", right at the very bottom of the list.

No it's for games that telltale is ABSOLUTELY SURE are not getting any sortive sequel, fandom, attention, or care by telltale, the owner of the property, and the fans themselves. It's been quite a few months since the Classics were made and yet the Strong Bad sub-forum STILL remains open. Coincidence? I think not.
    It's been several years since SBCG4AP

What the hell have you've been smoking? Several as in 7? Or Several as in 3? If it's the second one then yes, it has been several year since SBCG4AP.
    and a very long time since the site itself was regularly updating, so there aren't very many people around anymore, anywhere in the fandom.

I for one still watch and enjoy the toons on the website still. Though they DO have a baby AND are working on Monster Safari. I can't imagine them having much time for the website, much less life itself with all that going on.
    You can hardly expect a response in 34 hours. Maybe a week, if you're lucky. Excluding this response. xD

Ahhh, but what about mine?
    On the topic brought up, I think they should. Something like that, if they're still being that slow come 2014, might help them get back into it... but then again, I don't really want to wait THAT long for them to start updating regularly again. I thought this was their job! Why are they seemingly not bothered about it anymore? D:

I agree with this statement!
  • edited May 2011
    No it's for games that telltale is ABSOLUTELY SURE are not getting any sortive sequel, fandom, attention, or care by telltale, the owner of the property, and the fans themselves. It's been quite a few months since the Classics were made and yet the Strong Bad sub-forum STILL remains open. Coincidence? I think not.

Have they ever given an offical reason anywhere for why they grouped the older ones together like that? I'm genuinely curious, what I said above was an educated guess.
    What the hell have you've been smoking? Several as in 7? Or Several as in 3? If it's the second one then yes, it has been several year since SBCG4AP.

I thought it was obvious I meant the second one. xD
    I for one still watch and enjoy the toons on the website still. Though they DO have a baby AND are working on Monster Safari. I can't imagine them having much time for the website, much less life itself with all that going on.

Yes, the (many many many many) toons are still there to watch, but without new ones, old viewers (and eventually even new ones) have little reason to keep coming back. I never said we couldn't enjoy the stuff there, just that there's no reason to stick around.
    If I remember correctly, this is their second baby break. The first baby break was Mike's, and after a few months they were back to normal. After Matt's, so soon after SBCG4AP, they just stopped.
    What's Monster Safari? I've never heard of it before. Is that the real reason they effectively abandoned the site?
    Ahhh, but what about mine?

You were responding to me. You don't count. :p
  • edited May 2011
    I should point out that Wallace and Gromit is in "The Classics" while Strong Bad isn't, despite Strong Bad being older.
  • edited May 2011
    I should point out that Wallace and Gromit is in "The Classics" while Strong Bad isn't, despite Strong Bad being older.

Have you seen the 'fandom' for Wallace and Gromit? It barely exists as it is. xD I'm not surprised it was shut away before SBCG4AP.
  • edited May 2011
    Have they ever given an offical reason anywhere for why they grouped the older ones together like that? I'm genuinely curious, what I said above was an educated guess.

I'm guessing the lack of fandom has something to do with why Wallace and gromit were put there, they lost there liscense for Bone, and Texas Hold'em well... Poker's better. (Though aren't they the same thing?) Though they MIGHT be keeping the SBCG4AP subforum open because of all the ports they're making for it or might make for it in the coming future.
    I thought it was obvious I meant the second one. xD

Ok good. Don't sneak up on me like that, man!
    Yes, the (many many many many) toons are still there to watch, but without new ones, old viewers (and eventually even new ones) have little reason to keep coming back. I never said we couldn't enjoy the stuff there, just that there's no reason to stick around.

Yeah, but they always manage to suprise us with new toons or shorts out of the blue. I also find alln the toons on the site better than any cartoon on TV nowadays. Which is why it's still in my favorites. :cool:
    If I remember correctly, this is their second baby break. The first baby break was Mike's, and after a few months they were back to normal. After Matt's, so soon after SBCG4AP, they just stopped.

Well babies could take allot out of you, socially, physically, mentally, and cleansially. I'm guessing the baby is about 2-ish right now.
    What's Monster Safari? I've never heard of it before. Is that the real reason they effectively abandoned the site?

As far as I'm aware it's stopmotion film which Craig Zobel and Matt Chapman are writing for. The film is dued for 2012

http://screen-novelties.blogspot.com/2009/06/monster-safari-feature.html

Weather are not this the REAL reason why they aren't making toons, i could only asssum movie making isn't the fastest process in the world considering the fact that it is also stopmotion.
    You were responding to me. You don't count. :p

Damn!
  • edited May 2011
    Well the SBCG4AP sub-forum has been put into the classics. My dream for an SBCG4AP Season 2 are officially dead. *sobs*
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2011
    Well the SBCG4AP sub-forum has been put into the classics. My dream for an SBCG4AP Season 2 are officially dead. *sobs*

We haven't had any new notable Strong Bad announcements for quite a while now. If there is something else going on, the forums will pop out of here and back into the main forum region. The forum front page is just excessively crowded, and conversation in the SBCG4AP boards has died down significantly in the last few months, so it seemed like it was time. ... For now!
  • edited May 2011
    Jake wrote: »
    We haven't had any new notable Strong Bad announcements for quite a while now. If there is something else going on, the forums will pop out of here and back into the main forum region. The forum front page is just excessively crowded, and conversation in the SBCG4AP boards has died down significantly in the last few months, so it seemed like it was time. ... For now!

Thanks for the optimistic and somewhat unexpected reply Jake! To be fair, I never knew what the Classic sub-forum was for anyway... What is it for, to save space?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2011
    Thanks for the optimistic and somewhat unexpected reply Jake! To be fair, I never knew what the Classic sub-forum was for anyway... What is it for, to save space?

Yeah its here because the forums just got way too overwhelming, and most of these forums (W&G, Bone, now Strong Bad and CSI) just haven't had a lot of posts lately, compared to the volume of posts which go through our currently running and upcoming games, so they were moved one tier lower in the forum hierarchy.

Hopefully at some point we can do a custom front page for the forum which organizes things better. In the meantime, though, the classics section exists.
  • edited May 2011
    Yeah its here because the forums just got way too overwhelming, and most of these forums (W&G, Bone, now Strong Bad and CSI) just haven't had a lot of posts lately, compared to the volume of posts which go through our currently running and upcoming games, so they were moved one tier lower in the forum hierarchy.

Hopefully at some point we can do a custom front page for the forum which organizes things better. In the meantime, though, the classics section exists.

Hey thanks for clearing that up, now I feel like I can take on the world!
  • edited May 2011
    Now, shortly before this forum ended up in here, I was trying to reply and the forum kept eating what I typed... what was I trying to say again?
    I think, apart from speculating on why this section wasn't in the Classics (look what happened THERE xD), I was just rambling on how Monster Safari appears complete and was finished in 2007, so it probably has nothing to do with the current hiatus of the site.

Speaking of.

I suspected as much. xD
Sign in to comment in this discussion.