TV series DVDs from Shout! Factory... Could it be? COULD IT BE?

Comments

• edited January 2008
    I love Purcell's art. To be quite honest, I'm a bit sad that these new games are 3d, but they're just as funny (or more so) than Hit the Road, so it makes up for it.

I just love 2d animation somethin' fierce.

I agree wholeheartedly.
  • edited January 2008
    I miss this thread
  • edited January 2008
    I love Purcell's art. To be quite honest, I'm a bit sad that these new games are 3d, but they're just as funny (or more so) than Hit the Road, so it makes up for it.

I just love 2d animation somethin' fierce.
    KLoNe wrote: »
    I agree wholeheartedly.

If I knew how to work the Scumm Engine, I'd use Curse of the Monkey Island version of Scumm and make a game. And then hunt down Bill Farmer and Nick Jameson with sleep-darts, tie them to a chair and refuse to let them go until they've dubbed every line of the script.

And then I woke up.
  • edited January 2008
    I've signed up to be notified when the DVD is up for sale on Amazon.co.uk.
  • edited January 2008
    Since we only have the rights for domestic U.S., our box might not pop up on Amazon UK. Though, it'll certainly be available for import via Amazon U.S. And then, there's always the Telltale Store.

We've got a couple of exciting Shoutfatory.com exclusives that we're working on. Hoping to hear from Steve soon. Once we get the okay, we'll let you guys in on it.

Should be receiving our production samples shortly. I couldn't be any more excited!

Brian
  • edited January 2008
    Bward wrote: »
    We've got a couple of exciting Shoutfatory.com exclusives that we're working on. Hoping to hear from Steve soon. Once we get the okay, we'll let you guys in on it.
    The kind of exclusives that are only available if we order from your site?

Can you wave the proverbial carrot a little farther from our noses? :p
  • edited January 2008
    A free carrot in every box set!
    Brilliant!
  • edited January 2008
    A free carrot with a DVD box set? How come free carrots never come with guns?
  • edited January 2008
    There is a product page on shout factory's website now. It shows the contents on each disc too
    http://www.shoutfactorystore.com/prod.aspx?pfid=3944104

Amazon has one now too: http://www.amazon.com/Sam-Max-Freelance-Police-Complete/dp/B0012680AI/ref=pd_bbs_sr_4?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1199881979&sr=8-4

The new 3D picture of the set looks fantastic
    51qqp4dOMML._SS500_.jpg
  • edited January 2008
    Sneeeeeerrff... oops .. just sneeerffed in me pants.. have to go change em.
    FRIGGEN WHOOO HOOOO
  • edited January 2008
    nice.. time to pre-order
  • edited January 2008
    ..and it's affordable! not that it had made any difference, but still.
  • edited January 2008
    I love you Shout! Factory, first the Film Crew and now this. *hug*
  • edited January 2008
    *gasp!*

INSPECTOR GADGET!!!!!! This isn't the entire series is it? If so, I'd ask you to have my babies.
  • edited January 2008
    Got my pre-order in!

Does anyone else find it funny that David and Will from TTG's voice cast is being credited as the voice cast for the TV show on the Amazon page? Someone should really fix that.
  • edited January 2008
    Personally I find it funnier that the Shout! Factory store attributes the comics to "Sam Purcell".
  • edited January 2008
    Wait, Amazon says that it's Region 1, but I've heard that it was going to be Region 0. What is it actually going to be?
  • edited January 2008
    SAM Purcell?!? Jeez... If it hasn't been fixed already, I'll have the folks over in sales take care of that. Thanks for pointing it out. It's so hard to find good help these days, huh?

Ah, The Film Crew... Good times. When I was moderating a panel for The Film Crew at last year's Comic-Con in San Diego, someone from the audience that asked a question was wearing a Crossbones Max t-shirt. I had to point it out and get the plug out there. There was a nice moment of applause, I must say, when I announced that we were working on the set.

As for Inspector Gadget, Tobar, I'm afraid you'll have to have your own babies. That volume was merely the first and we've since given up the license to FOX.

I received the final box set from the plant's test run yesterday. It is AWESOME. The packaging turned out even better than I'd thought it would. Note: For some, there may be difficulty removing the exclusive sticker from the box, in that, you might forget it's in there. But, trust me, it is. I had to shake mine out, while others had no problems. Seriously, guys, this set has become my favorite project ever.

Sadly, I believe the "exclusive" we were working on is going to fall through. There's still a possibility, but don't count on it just yet.

This has been a blast, gang. I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts when the set's released on March 11th.

Brian

Oh, and RobD, I'd definitely recommend picking the set up. *hint hint, nudge nudge, wink wink*
  • edited January 2008
    I just put my pre-order in. I am sure this is going to be awesome judging by all the effort you put into it.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2008
    Hey Brian, you might also ask your reps to get in touch with Amazon and ask them to change the actors under Product Details. David Nowlin and William Casten are the voices from Telltale's games, not from the animated series. ;)

RobD, I posted earlier in this thread that the special features DVD that Shout Factory sent me is region free. I assume the same is true of the other DVDs.
  • edited January 2008
    Well.......okay but the least you could do to make up for it is to aquire the license for Eek! The Cat. *hint hint*
  • edited January 2008
    tobar wrote: »
    Well.......okay but the least you could do to make up for it is to aquire the license for Eek! The Cat. *hint hint*

dude I'm a huge eek the cat fan..that needs to be on DVD..savage steve holland is the man.. shout factory also need to wrangle the rights to rockos modern life off nickolodeon..that would sell huge
  • edited January 2008
    Kumbaya! Another Eek fan! Thanks for the support!
  • edited January 2008
    I like how Amazon has paired the Sam and Max Box set with the Marvel Zombies vs Army of Darkness TPB for the "Better Together" recommedation :D

Putting in my pre-order soon. :D
  • edited January 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    Hey Brian, you might also ask your reps to get in touch with Amazon and ask them to change the actors under Product Details. David Nowlin and William Casten are the voices from Telltale's games, not from the animated series. ;)

Yeah, this has been corrected. Apparently, Amazon took the liberty. Don't know how long it'll take to appear, but they have been informed.

Brian
  • edited January 2008
    Dedlok wrote: »
    I like how Amazon has paired the Sam and Max Box set with the Marvel Zombies vs Army of Darkness TPB for the "Better Together" recommedation :D
    A better deal would be Sam & Max Season 1 with the Sam & Max DVD Box Set.:D
  • edited January 2008
    tobar wrote: »
    Kumbaya! Another Eek fan! Thanks for the support!

It never hurts to help :p
  • edited January 2008
    Zeek wrote: »
    A better deal would be Sam & Max Season 1 with the Sam & Max DVD Box Set.:D
    ..but as I already mentioned elsewhere, zombies go with everything. what bothers me is that those "better deals" are actually two products combined that cost the same as if sold seperately.
    i guess the dvd will be out around the same time as surfin' the highway, so maybe there is someone who knows how to make real deals. *wink nudge whatever, you know what i mean*
  • edited January 2008
    I'll be ordering from Amazon.. I want my game in 2 weeks not 2 months!
  • edited January 2008
    http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=7581064

Pre-orders for it there are only $14
  • edited January 2008
    thats a bit to cheap...its 26,99 on amazon and 24,99 on the shout! factory store...how can someone else offer a preorder for 14 bucks?
  • edited January 2008
    Maybe it's an error? But if you pre-order at that price can they really change it on you?
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2008
    They can. Walmart recently had a deal for Super Smash Bros Brawl. $20 for pre-order. Later that day they realized the error and canceled everyone's orders. Admittedly, that isn't going to win you any customers.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2008
    It's also not going to raise your opinion of mankind when people started whining like entitled weirdos when Walmart canceled the orders they placed under the blatant hope of gaming the system.
  • edited January 2008
    And then you get people like my friend who was able to get The Complete Donald Duck Collection Vol. 2 for only $4.95 the day someone goofed up and put that price in the database instead of the adjusted $24.95.

He was only charged $4.95, and someone was probably fired as a result of the mistake.
  • jmmjmm
    edited January 2008
    I remember some time ago, one computer site put a new notebook for just under $20 by mistake, instead of just under $2,000.
    Those who bought it online (In the few minutes that the "special pricing" lasted) got that notebook for $20+shipping.... Hurray for consumer protection laws!

That company probably swallowed a few lost thousands, but saved a lot from a costly lawsuit (and the ensuing bad publicity). Of course the guy that made that mistake clearly found a boot stuck in his rear with a nice pink slip inside it :eek:
  • edited January 2008
    xChri5x wrote: »
    Maybe it's an error? But if you pre-order at that price can they really change it on you?
    It's in their Help Section:
    CDUniverse wrote:
    We do our best to ensure the accuracy of the prices we display on our website. On occasion, we may get incorrect prices from our suppliers, which results in a pricing error on our website. CD Universe reserves the right to either honor only one unit at the erroneous price, or cancel the incorrectly priced item on your order, based upon our discretion. We may also give the option for you to continue your order for the item at the corrected price.
    If you go for it, you can only cross your fingers.

Edit:
    Will wrote:
    They can. Walmart recently had a deal for Super Smash Bros Brawl. $20 for pre-order. Later that day they realized the error and canceled everyone's orders. Admittedly, that isn't going to win you any customers.
    I just received an e-mail from them stating they're giving me a $10 electronic gift card for canceling the order.
  • edited January 2008
    Yeah. The one thing they can't do is to charge you a higher price without consent. So it can't hurt to try.
  • edited January 2008
    Looking at the track listing, I see the missing ep 'fools die on friday' hooray
  • edited January 2008
    that's why it says "the complete animated series"...of course there are other collections that state the same and miss some stuff.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.