Monkey Island for ipad

Hi all,
Now that all of the tales of monkey island are out for the iPad what are everyone's thoughts on them? The reviews in the AppStore seem to be pretty negative, but I have found that they run really well.
How have you found them to run on your iPads?

Comments

• edited June 2011
    iPad 1 they run appallingly, however with an iPad2 they run perfectly!
  • edited June 2011
    Hi all,
    Now that all of the tales of monkey island are out for the iPad what are everyone's thoughts on them? The reviews in the AppStore seem to be pretty negative, but I have found that they run really well.
    How have you found them to run on your iPads?

I run ToMI on my iPad 1 & once in a while it's a little choppy but overall it runs fine.
  • MTMMTM
    edited June 2011
    I have. 64GB original iPad. ToMI 1 runs shakily. You need to kill all apps before launching it. It takes about 4 minutes to resume a game. It's still stuttery after that but reasonably playable.

The other kickers are it does not save the game when you hit the home button, it forgets stuff, like picking up the bombs, and worse is after completing the map through the jungle, X does not appear to help me return there. That last seems like a bug/glitch.
  • edited July 2011
    I've played the first 4 episodes on my iPad2, and have had no major issues. Whenever I play any games (beyond solitare or something simple like that) I generally try to close most other apps.

I am so glad these are on the iPad. I've been loving the Back to the Future games, but Monkey Island is my one true love. Er... one true adventure game love.

And to have them all appear at once. What a treat! What a surprise!

(now I only need to dream about all the Sam and Max games getting ported to the iPad)

One more to play!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.