Family Guy Parody in Part 3?

I'm replaying "Lair of the Leviathan" and I noticed that when Guybrush asks Winslow to help him revive Morgan, Winslow mentions that it reminds him of a time when something happens. Guybrush immediately cuts Winslow off before Winslow can say what the event was. Is this a parody of Family Guy's famous (or infamous) use of cutaway gags for comedy, many of which start with a character saying something in a similar vein to what Winslow said?

Comments

• edited July 2011
    I don't think so.

Then again, the "cutting off before flashback" is pretty used in some cartoons. :)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2011
    I'm replaying "Lair of the Leviathan" and I noticed that when Guybrush asks Winslow to help him revive Morgan, Winslow mentions that it reminds him of a time when something happens. Guybrush immediately cuts Winslow off before Winslow can say what the event was. Is this a parody of Family Guy's famous (or infamous) use of cutaway gags for comedy, many of which start with a character saying something in a similar vein to what Winslow said?

Family Guy uses the hell out of that joke, but the "that reminds me of..." flashback gag predates that show by probably a lifetime.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.