Ask a Monkeyologist: THE GAME - Demo LAUNCHED!

DEMO LAUNCHED!!!

Ask-a-Monkeyologist-Kauff-and-Gustav-DEMO-Game-AGS3.png

Quickly, click the image!! :D

Comments

• edited March 2011
    I'm excited! But also I'm suspicious about the date :p
  • edited April 2011
    Hehehe, April Fools :p

But we do hope that one day we'll have an official Kauff and Gustav game. :)

I'm keeping this thread, if nobody minds, so I can post real updates here, for the real game.
    I'll edit this later and post a link to our latest screenshot.
  • edited April 2011
    I knew it!
    The Gustav model gave it away for me. Kauff looked pretty awesome, but Gustav didn't look anything like how he should. (Then again, if Kauff was leading the project... :p)

Regardless, very nice job on the prank!
  • edited April 2011
    Hahaha! I spent much more time on the Gustav model.

Kauff and Gustav are caricatures in themselves. How can you caricaturize a caricature? :) After all, I suck at 3D modelling. For a 6 hours work, it's not too bad... I just wished I had someone who really knows the stuff.

Thanks! :D
  • edited April 2011
    The big things that seemed off about Gustav to me were his hair and his, er, weight. His hair, especially compared to the Kauff model's puffy 'do, was oddly flat. And as for his weight, well, let's just say he looked like he ate a few too many rainbow biscuits. ;)

By the way, is there still going to be an Ask a Monkeyologist episode this week?
  • edited April 2011
    Later that day, it came to me, too. It's a pity that it wont be a game, though :P
  • edited April 2011
    lombre wrote: »
    His hair, especially compared to the Kauff model's puffy 'do, was oddly flat.

Perhaps it's a new wig.
  • edited April 2011
    Aaaand here's a new episode :)

http://talesofmi.net/?cat=17

as requested.
  • edited April 2011
    Updates on the game here, if you're still interested. ;)
  • edited April 2011
    i am new to teh series, why is it so weird
  • edited April 2011
    Being able to switch between Kuaff and Gustav sounds great to me. I've always liked it when games do that. :)
  • edited April 2011
    appenpapp realy asked you that
  • edited April 2011
    Hi seibert! :) Ask a Monkeyologist began as a series of clips with Doctor Kauff von Diefendorf. He was answering fans' questions. He also got an arch enemy, Gustav von Schneider!

You can watch the episodes on talesofmi.net. Yes, fans like apenpaap actually asked us those questions, and we answer them!

now we are working on a game based on those two characters, Kauff and Gustav. Just watch some clips on talesofmi, you will understand what is it all about. I reccomend starting with episode 3 on season one. Here you go! > Click
  • edited April 2011
    ok, i guess you play that idiot kauff and were you mixing medicine and alcohol when you were doing the show like i monkey island 3
  • edited September 2011
    Hello!

I need a voice actor, please! Someone with a decent microphone, with a voice similar to this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89BlFxuyqYQ

The gruffy-er, the better. :) Who wants to try? It's a small (but funny) role. Quickly please!
  • edited September 2011
    DEMO LAUNCHED!!!

Ask-a-Monkeyologist-Kauff-and-Gustav-DEMO-Game-AGS3.png

Quickly, click the image!! :D
  • edited September 2011
    This should be interesting
  • edited September 2011
    Eduardo wrote: »
    This should be interesting

It's even more interesting if you actually know the characters :)
  • edited September 2011
    It's even more interesting if you actually know the characters :)

I've just got one thing to say....

When is the next episode coming out!!! I wanna see what happens with Dumpling321!!!
  • edited September 2011
    Working on iiiit! I'm waiting for one last shot!

By the way, what did you guys think of the demo?
  • edited September 2011
    Working on iiiit! I'm waiting for one last shot!

By the way, what did you guys think of the demo?

OK, OK, lol.

I haven't tried it yet, I need some more room on my hard drive, I only have 2 GB left :P
  • edited September 2011
    It's just 200 Mb :)
  • edited September 2011
    I just tried it. It's short, but its extremly funny! I was laughing out loud with plenty of lines from the demo.

One of the key objects was hard to find, but overall it was a lot of fun to play. Can't wait to try the full version! Keep the good work up!

PS:
    You should have added an animation of Kauff throwing the rock to Gustav :D
  • edited September 2011
    I'm actually impressed. I know you guys are good, but this game really proved it even more. I love the backgrounds (credit to whoever made those), both Kauff and Gustav look amazing, great dialogs, and the switching between the two of them works just fine.
    So yes, I'm looking forward to try out the full game. :)
  • edited September 2011
    Yay, I´ve also written an article about the game (in german), the translation will be hand in later! ;)
    http://www.n-mag.de/cakephp/articles/view/129
  • edited December 2011
    Yay! Our game will appear at the AdventureX Con! Woohoo!!

http://www.screen7.co.uk/adventurex/exhibits.html

If you're there, take some pictures :D
  • edited December 2011
    when does the game come out
  • edited December 2011
    Well... we're not far from that...but not close either. Depends on the amount of projects, really.

After Doctor Who, I'll focus on Kauff. :)
  • edited December 2011
    2 more questions
    1.will the full version costs money
    2.if the full version costs money, are you able to preorder it
  • edited December 2011
    1. The Full version will consist of 4 or 5 episodes, just like Telltale makes them. I would want to sell it, yes.
    2. I will not be taking pre-orders because the risk would be too high. I do not represent a company full of 200 workers, I am just one dude with three-five friends working on a game. We have no guarantee that we'll finish it... but we want to do our best. After all, we DID launch the demo ^^

3. How much?

Well... we'll see. I do have a price in mind, but I cannot put a tag on a product I don't yet have :)

4. When will you launch episode 1?

When it will be ready. I honestly have no idea. It took Majus and I about three months to record our voices for the demo... then again, it took our background artist just a few days to complete the backgrounds for the demo, and our animator works so fast it's incredible!

We'll just have to see. :)
  • edited December 2011
    1 final question, are you able to buy the whole series
  • edited December 2011
    The REAL question is: Am I able to MAKE the whole series! :)

I haven't even thought about that. We'll see what the future holds ^^
  • edited December 2011
    The REAL question is: Am I able to MAKE the whole series!

I have no doubt, there´s nothing you´re not able to make. And you´re not alone, so the precondition seems fine! ;-)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.