What is You Favourite Monkey Island Chapter? (Chapter, not game)

2»

Comments

• edited September 2011
    I like EMI about the same as MI1, I grew up with MI1 so it's nostalgic, but it is still slow paced compared to the others imo

I think the same. Secret of Monkey Island was my first Monkey Island Game. So for me its nostalgic, too. But after all, i like the other games more than monkey 1.

Curse is maybe the most beatiful looking MI-Game. But i was a bit disappointed about it. Why? I finished it within 3 Days. :( I mean, it was 1997, there was no quest help, and most of the people had no internet. So by that time it was quite unusual to finish an adventure game within 3 Days. So the game seemed to be 2 short and too easy for me.

Le Chucks Revenge took much more time, EFMI, too. So i was quite pleased with these games.
  • edited September 2011
    I hope you chose the path of the Mega Monkey, otherwise you can't really complaint about difficulty in CMI. :)
  • edited September 2011
    I hope you chose the path of the Mega Monkey, otherwise you can't really complaint about difficulty in CMI.

I've always chosen the difficult path, also in Le Chucks Revenge.

I always feel like the difficult path is the original game, and the easy part is something like a cut-version :rolleyes:
  • edited September 2011
    Curse's easy mode is pretty decent: some of the hardest puzzles have been cut down a step. Revenge's easy mode, on the other hand, practically cuts the entire game away. Most of the map pieces are basically just lying around for you to pick them up. Instead of getting Largo's bra from Marty, you just find his T-shirt in the room, the cook will hire you immediately and Dread doesn't need the monocle, you find LeChuck's room by just walking into the corridor instead of pushing the skeletons as the bone song lyrics say (you don't even get to see the bone song, because Elaine's map piece doesn't blow away when you try to pick it up), etc.
  • edited September 2011
    apenpaap wrote: »
    Curse's easy mode is pretty decent: some of the hardest puzzles have been cut down a step. Revenge's easy mode, on the other hand, practically cuts the entire game away. Most of the map pieces are basically just lying around for you to pick them up. Instead of getting Largo's bra from Marty, you just find his T-shirt in the room, the cook will hire you immediately and Dread doesn't need the monocle, you find LeChuck's room by just walking into the corridor instead of pushing the skeletons as the bone song lyrics say (you don't even get to see the bone song, because Elaine's map piece doesn't blow away when you try to pick it up), etc.

It just showed that the peeps wanting the easy way out missed all of the humour.
  • edited September 2011
    Apparently some guy with username "Ribs" voted for "Guybrush Kicks Unusually Large Butt" (a.k.a. Monkey Kombat). I'm dumbfounded....
  • edited September 2011
    danfrias wrote: »
    Apparently some guy with username "Ribs" voted for "Guybrush Kicks Unusually Large Butt" (a.k.a. Monkey Kombat). I'm dumbfounded....

I'm sure he intended it as a sarcastic joke before it backfired. He was hoping to never get named and shamed. WHERE ARE YOU HIDING, YOU SOB? :p
  • edited October 2011
    guys wats the big deal if he likes that act the best its his opipion
  • edited October 2011
    guys wats the big deal if he likes that act the best its his opipion

You see I'm not so sure it is his honest opinion, more an attempt at trolling. If I knew it were his hand-on-heart opinion, I'd just ignore it.
  • edited October 2011
    Hey guys! My name is Mosobot64, and this is my first messege.

Not entirely sure what to vote yet. Currently, I'm caught between "Demise of the Zombie Pirate Lechuck", "Lair of the Leviathan" (I find it funny), "Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood", and "Four Map Pieces".

I haven't played EMI, so I won't be casting my vote for those. Penny for your thoughts?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.