Collector's DVD for Steam version owners

Hi guys, sorry if this has been posted before but I've had a look on these forums (and on google) and couldn't find anything.

I noticed on the ToMI page it says players who already own 'a' Tales of Monkey Island game are able to get a deal on the Collector's DVD. I noticed a similar thing is happening at the moment with the BTFF games, where players who already own the series are offered the DVD for just the cost of shipping.

Having been a big MI fan since Secret I went ahead and pre-ordered the entire series on Steam when I first saw it. Unfortunately the banner on the Telltale site is just saying "Log in here to see our disc deal for you" with no redirection anywhere else for more details, and no mention of the Steam crowd anywhere.

Any chance someone could help me out, please? I'm wondering if I'm eligible for the DVD offer, and if so what I need to do to redeem it. It'd be great to get my hands on the Collector's DVD but I'm not about to fork out full price for a hard copy of games I already own.

Thanks very much.

Comments

• puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2011
    Hi Mercian, unfortunately you're only eligible for the free DVD if you bought the game directly from Telltale's store.
  • edited August 2011
    Ah, alright then. Well, thanks for clearing that up.

Bit disappointed but I suppose it's what I was expecting.
  • edited August 2011
    telltale really should strike some sort of deal with valve so those that buy their games can use them on steam
  • edited August 2011
    Have to agree with Chris - that would be pretty convenient for the customers.
  • edited October 2011
    You could always wait for the game to go on sale and pick it up on this site so you can grab the disc. Telltale has some pretty good sales from time to time. Also, ToMI always goes cheap on Talk Like a Pirate Day (which, unfortunately, is in September).
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited October 2011
    You may set your hopes on Thanksgiving offers. Last year's were quite impressive IIRC.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.