Spin-off Wally centered fan game idea: Monocle Quest

edited November 2011 in Tales of Monkey Island
What do you think?

Oh, before anything; Don't spoil Wally's future for me, I haven't finished MI2 yet. That's right i haven't. Don't judge meee! Just tell me whether he gets a new monocle or not (I know that we'll see him again near the end)

I'm not going to work on it much since I'm busy with lot's of other project, But I will help with game-play and story.
I'd like to make it a surreal black-comedy game thematically. And I'd love a 1st-person 3rd-person shooter game camera angel's by switching between Wally's blurry vision and the typical all-seeing-eye vision.
I like to see Wally and Mad Marty together, They'll be a duo kinda similar to Captain Haddock and Prof. Calculus.
And I'd like to add some Sierra jokes and Pay homage to them (Wally dyeing will be justifiable since he can't see anything properly.)

Comments

• edited October 2011
    How far are you in MI2? Because you do have to get him a new monocle before you can complete the four-piece map. He also appears again in Curse but with an eye-patch instead of a monocle.
  • edited October 2011
    Woodsyblue wrote: »
    How far are you in MI2? Because you do have to get him a new monocle before you can complete the four-piece map. He also appears again in Curse but with an eye-patch instead of a monocle.

Well he does still have his monocle. I forget which line of dialogue it is, but Guybrush does make a comment that it looks like there's a monocle behind the eye-patch.
  • edited October 2011
    Thaaaaaat's right. I should have known that, I mean I can almost recite all the dialogue in that game off by heart for crying out loud.
  • edited October 2011
    Thaaaaaat's right. I should have known that, I mean I can almost recite all the dialogue in that game off by heart for crying out loud.

Don't sweat it. None of us can remember every line of dialogue from every MI game, not like it was hugely important anyway :P
  • edited October 2011

Really? I've passed the Largo Embargo, I'm in the middle of the Four-piece map chapter ... Thanks for the info.

Ahhh, It'd have been a nice spin off. In my opinion anyway ...

Wait! What if Coronado De Cava stole his monocle on his quest for la Sponga Grande?
    That'd be a nice excuse ... What do you think?
  • edited October 2011

Creepy fact (for me): I just realized that I also possess that ability. o.O
    Is this how normal people behave?

Also, Jon_NA, cool idea! Why don't you look into AGS (Adventure Games Studio) and maybe you can come up with a tiny fangame :D
  • edited October 2011
    Creepy fact (for me): I just realized that I also possess that ability. o.O

I don't think so, but then again I don't consider many of the people who frequant these forums 'normal' ;)
  • edited October 2011
    Well put ^.^
  • edited October 2011
    I don't think so, but then again I don't consider many of the people who frequant these forums 'normal' ;)

I am unbelievable normal! *twitch twitch normalcy twitch*
  • edited October 2011

All I have to say to that is - Define normal, cos I don't believe it really exists :P
  • edited October 2011
    Also, Jon_NA, cool idea! Why don't you look into AGS (Adventure Games Studio) and maybe you can come up with a tiny fangame :D
    Thanks Andrei!
    Thanks for the suggestion :) But, I knew about AGS, But I never got to learn it. I think it's time.
  • edited October 2011
    Well, now you can find very easy tutorials around the internet... even here on TTG Forums, look:

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=303847&postcount=4

This helped me make my Kauff and Gustav game ^.^ (and also my friends)
    In case you still have the problem you mentioned some time ago (youtube being blocked for you), I could download the clips and send them to you through dropbox, if you want. :)
  • edited November 2011
    Why thank you for the offer SWP! How kind! :)
    I can watch short to medium length Youtube video's using proxy (I have to download them and watch afterwards offline since Iran's net speed is very very very low ... ). It's the high quality big sized video files that are troublesome for me to wach, Like your LotR Parody and some lengthy HD video's on Youtube

And Thanks for the links! I've never seen them before while searching for tuts. Actually, I never tried doing so ... I though the only way to learn AGS was to read the official tutorial and read the AGS forums ...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.