Tales of Monkey Island on the IPHONE

I was looking on an app website, and to my surprise it said tales of monkey episode 1 on Iphone ISO, I thought they must be on about the IPAD version, but I checked the appstore and yes its true. although it gunna cost £4.99 per episode

Comments

• edited November 2011
    What?? The iPhone can't support that!
    It wasn't able to support TALKING animations for SoMI:SE. o.O
    Are you sure?
  • edited November 2011
    yes 100%, http://appshopper.com/games/monkey-island-tales-1

and I physically went into the appstore on my iphone aswell, and it says telltales aswell, im tempted to buy it as then I have a portable version, but Ive already got the deluxe edition PC version already.

it would be cool that if people already have the PC version get the Iphone/Ipad version free
  • edited November 2011
    Well, what do you know. Tales Episode 1 is now listed in the iTunes App Store as being iPhone compatible. Anybody try it yet?
  • edited November 2011
    i wish telltale would start putting games on the android marketplace
  • edited November 2011
    the price on the Iphone has just gone down to £2.99
  • ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2011
    Yup we just put it out there! I played it today on my iPhone4 and it works really well :)
  • edited November 2011
    Release it for Android. TomPravetz out.
  • edited November 2011
    Android seconded
  • edited November 2011
    Thirded, I guess.
  • edited November 2011
    Wolfstar27 wrote: »
    I was looking on an app website, and to my surprise it said tales of monkey episode 1 on Iphone ISO, I thought they must be on about the IPAD version, but I checked the appstore and yes its true. although it gunna cost £4.99 per episode
    It is a shame that is not an universal app, pay once, play on ipad and iphone.
  • edited November 2011
    I'm curious ^^ Can anyone post a quick gameplay vid? How do you access all the tiny details with your huge finger on the iPhone's screen?
  • edited November 2011
    I would also appreciate a gameplay video.
  • edited November 2011
    Josejulio wrote: »
    It is a shame that is not an universal app, pay once, play on ipad and iphone.

I agree with you, it would be better as a universal app, and I would like someone to do a video review on the app, but Ive been reading alot of mixed reviews on the appstore
  • edited November 2011
    I just finished the game (at least the first chapter which so far is all there is) on my iphone 4s. The game played VERY smoothly and was absolutely beautiful. Could not tell a difference between PC version. The animations were flawless. I was especially impressed with the dialogue which sounds perfect and is exactly in sync with the animations. The only complaint I have is that the controls to touch on an Item or interact with object was a bit tricky since everything is so small, but you get used to it and after a couple of touches it works. Everything else is perfect. I really could not believe that you could play a game like this on iphone! I am not sure how to take a video of it. If someone could let me know, I would be happy to try it.
  • edited November 2011
    I'm curious ^^ Can anyone post a quick gameplay vid? How do you access all the tiny details with your huge finger on the iPhone's screen?
    In response to the accessing objects, that is tricky. They added a wheel at the bottom of the screen that you can turn to select the different items that are selectable. You press the wheel to interact with the item. It is a bit tricky to get used to but it works and is only mildly frustrating at times. 90% of the time, it is not a problem.
  • edited November 2011
    Wow! Impressive!

As for your question: if you have a video camera, or a good webcam, you can easily just film the screen for a minute or two, while playing the game.
  • edited November 2011
    Monkey Island for the iPhone is essentially the same as the rest of the ports to the series. I currently have the iPhone 4, not the new one and the game can sometimes be a little laggy, but I've experienced lagging issues on every first episode that I've played this game with on any device. So it's either my phone or the game. I'm assuming it's the game.
    Overal, the game is still just as fun, I just wish the lag issues would go away across every Episode 1 for every system that the game is on!!
  • edited December 2011
    Guys just letting you know that the 1st episode of Tales of Monkey Island on the IPhone has become FREE!!! Today, so grab it as soon as you can :)
  • edited December 2011
    This ran really well on my iphone 4 was quite surprised would have tought it ran badly since i don´t own a 4s
  • edited December 2011
    Darn my first gen ipod touch!
  • edited January 2012
    Anyone know when monkey island 4 is going to available for iphone. The first three came out really quickly - but now I am waiting, waiting, waiting - and can't wait much longer - I am having withdrawals. Such an great game.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.