Return on Monkey Island - Special Chapter - Fan Film

Return on Monkey Island - Special Chapter -

return_on_monkey_island_specia_by_spadoni_production-d4bvjn1.jpg

Teaser ===> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al88yBZ8wVI

The short starts after the 4th chapter, a chapter on the mythical, where Guybrush Threepwood and finds himself on an area north of Monkey Island where it has never been.

Without knowing how it got there, our legendary hero, will face once again plans undead pirate LeChuck.

Comments

• edited October 2011
    Haha, sweet! :D
    Question: What's the budget on this one?

Also...isn't it "Return TO" instead of "Return ON"? :)
  • edited October 2011
    Haha, sweet! :D
    Question: What's the budget on this one?

Also...isn't it "Return TO" instead of "Return ON"? :)

no-profit, all free.
    This is an amateur project
    all rights belong to their respective owners.

"Return ON" : seemed most suitable, in my case.
  • edited October 2011
    I was asking about the budget :) Like... how much money will you invest in the project itself? A trip to the seaside cannot be cheap (unless you already live there).
    What about actors... paying for their food, all that good stuff. :p
  • edited October 2011
    I repeat, all free, with friends.
    I live there. ;)
  • edited October 2011
    Aha! My bad, sorry. ^.^
    Looking forward to it! :D Best of luck!
  • edited October 2011
    Aha! My bad, sorry. ^.^
    Looking forward to it! :D Best of luck!

;) post-production started
  • edited October 2011
    Hahaha! I seem to be missing all the important facts. :p
    Looking forward to it! Keep us posted ;)
  • edited October 2011
    Hahaha! I seem to be missing all the important facts. :p
    Looking forward to it! Keep us posted ;)

sure! the topic will always be updated ;)
  • edited October 2011
    Return on Monkey Island - Special Chapter - Trailer ==> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OggqPIKtkkg :D:D:D
  • edited November 2011
    Um...

Where are the English subtitles? Is my internet browser broken? I cannot see a button to turn on the subtitles.

I was about to share my opinion on the clip... but I find it wiser to just shut up ^^
  • edited November 2011
    Um...

Where are the English subtitles? Is my internet browser broken? I cannot see a button to turn on the subtitles.

I was about to share my opinion on the clip... but I find it wiser to just shut up ^^
    a friend of mine, will carry out the English subtitles.

p.s: I apologize for my English. I know little.
  • edited November 2011
    Well Spadoni, you should be pretty idiot to post an italian video without english subtitles on an international Forum.

However, this video sucks.
  • edited November 2011
    Well Spadoni, you should be pretty idiot to post an italian video without english subtitles on an international Forum.

However, this video sucks.
    Uhm.

While it absolutely would be better to include English subtitles, calling him an idiot is a bit harsh. And "this video sucks" is a horrible piece of critcism. If you don't like the video, tell Spadoni why, so he can improve it.
  • edited November 2011
    Voodoomaster, you might want to be careful regarding your way with words. Criticism can be expressed in smart ways.

Don't insult other members.
  • edited November 2011
    Well, let's do some better criticism:

- It has no plot, it's just some nonsense mixed scenes, dubbed with ripped lines from the italian dubbing of Curse of Monkey Island and Escape from Monkey Island. If you understand the lines, you would understand that this is totally nonsense! Even for a simple tribute to the saga.
    - LeChuck is pretty ugly. He looks like a fat burning lizard dressed like Santa Clause.
    - Very bad montage. There are very few scenes boringly repeated, and often the position of the actor is wrong.
    - IMHO simply this actor is a very bad Guybrush. He took the role too seriously.
    - It takes worst element ever from the Monkey Island Saga (MI is a very big and epic saga. If you want to do a short movie you have a lot of choices. So please, don't take the most hated elements from the fandom ever, like the Monkey Robot and the Monkey Kombat. And, please, don't start with the "Escape is a great game" story. It's simply the worst Monkey Island chapter, the Robot is too cheesy, and the Kombat is a really boring part).
    - The Monkey Kombat can't hurt a Monkey. Should it make LeChuck exploding? Is this Monkey Island or Dragon Ball???
    - A...flying...Monkey...Robot???
    - Most suitable "Return ON Monkey Island"? Lol, worst excuse ever! It's simply a wrong title. The "return" verb needs the "to" preposition. If you don't know the english language, simply don't make english titles for your projects! I'm not an english master, too, but if someone says to me that I made a mistake, I simply answer "ok, sorry, I'll correct myself" :D

And, at the end, this is an american/international forum. Posting this video here "hoping" that the people understand italian is pretty idio...uhm...funny :D .

Seriously, don't worry for that "idiot". I won't start insulting people here, Spadoni here is some kind of old friend for me :D
  • edited November 2011
    Nice production with great special effects. I rather like Murray speaking Italian:D
  • edited November 2011
    I agree with Voodoomaster's points (that were very nicely written, thank you ^^)

Italian is not a language I know, but my language does share the same latin-base structure.. I understood some parts of the dialogue and I thought it was a parody of some sort.

If the intention is to make it a serious clip... then, no. Not by far.

I do encourage you to play the other games as well (since I have a hunch you didn't really go through all of them) and try throwing ideas into the air and see what fans have to say about them, before writing a script.

Make a poll or something. :) That usually works for me.
  • edited November 2011
    the MI4 is wonderful! I've played a lot.
    I do not care what they think the fans and even less against them.
    I accept any constructive criticism.
    take as an example qualuque thing that can improve my style, but that does not correspond to any critical growth for me as well not exist.
    they can write 4000 posts for me, but I have my own ideas, a passion that will never stop.
    I do not seek fame, but simply to show my style, worldwide for free to all.
    I hope I was clear. ;)
  • edited November 2011
    This is all useful criticism:

- Don't make too serious clips if you don't have the budget or the time. Take it easier.

- You are presenting the clip to a fandom that likes something more, and something less.
    So if you want to present something that the fans can appreciate, learn what the fan likes, and stop with this "wow wow no, for me the Monkey Robot is wonderful, I don't care about you".
    Obviously, you can make things without caring about what the fan wants, but if you want to work like that, make films just for yourself, not for the Internet. It's a simple matter of strategy.

- Use a correct english if you want to present yourself properly. And, in general, use english language if you want to present your project in an international forum.

- Improve your montage skills. Here there were lot of errors.

If you don't understand this, and you continue to repeat "no, wow, I totally like what I do, and what you say can't help me improving myself", just face that you are too proud to admit your errors, and you don't like criticism. And if so it is, make your movies just for yourself and forget the internet.
  • edited November 2011
    (...)
    they can write 4000 posts for me, but I have my own ideas, a passion that will never stop.

If you don't care about the fans' reactions, then I see no reason for you to post this here. I find it slightly rude to post your thread, receive feedback and then say "I don't care".

If that is the case, this can be considered spamming.

As a fellow movie-maker, I understand the need to post something so you can let the world see your style, your way of working, of creating something nice. Feedback comes along with all of that.

Criticism is something that a movie-maker needs to get used to and, not only that, he also needs to learn from it so he can improve his work.

Let me put this in another way: If I made a clip and you would have suggestions for me... and I would tell you "I don't care what you think, you can write 4000 suggestions, I still wouldn't care", how would that make you feel?
  • edited November 2011
    the MI4 is wonderful! I've played a lot.
    I accept any constructive criticism.
    take as an example qualuque thing that can improve my style, but that does not correspond to any critical growth for me as well not exist.
    I do not seek fame, but simply to show my style, worldwide for free to all.
    I hope I was clear. ;)

#google translator mode on :D
    Funny, I read on facebook the same comment in Italian with the same words, just translated in english by google... Even the word "qualuque", which is just a typo in Italian, and google can't translate it, is still there. :D
    Anyway I agree in total with Voodomaster and Silverwolfpet; the video doesn't need any english subtitle to be honest, as it makes no sense even in Italian.
  • edited November 2011
    much envy. ahahahahah :D
  • edited November 2011
    I don't really think it is a matter of jealousy at all... Keep doing what you do if you like it and have a passion for it, cause no one can stop you.
    But if you want to show your work for other, like here on the forums, take criticism for your own profit! That's how you evolve. You have to care about what other people think, even though you might just disagree!
  • edited November 2011
    Dellie wrote: »
    I don't really think it is a matter of jealousy at all... Keep doing what you do if you like it and have a passion for it, cause no one can stop you.
    But if you want to show your work for other, like here on the forums, take criticism for your own profit! That's how you evolve. You have to care about what other people think, even though you might just disagree!

I accept all criticism of this world, but they have to accept mine. ;)
  • edited November 2011
    I accept all criticism of this world, but they have to accept mine. ;)

But to criticize someone else's criticism by saying you don't care.. how is that accepting?
  • edited November 2011
    Saying that you accept criticism does'nt mean that you really accept it, Spadoni.
  • edited November 2011
    Dellie wrote: »
    But to criticize someone else's criticism by saying you don't care.. how is that accepting?

When criticism is constructive, I support. but when he makes fun of a person, ignore the criticism. ;)
  • edited November 2011
    Translated: when someone criticizes you, no matter the words, you automatically think that he's making fun of you, so you'll automatically ignore it, as you did on this discussion. Smart thinking!
  • edited November 2011
    Let's get this a bit back on topic.
    If you guys want to comment on the clip itself, that's fine. Spadoni, if you don't like people commenting on the clip (with positive and negative views altogether), let me know and I'll close the thread.
  • edited November 2011
    Let's get this a bit back on topic.
    If you guys want to comment on the clip itself, that's fine. Spadoni, if you don't like people commenting on the clip (with positive and negative views altogether), let me know and I'll close the thread.

I repeat, I accept everything.
    users can write what they want. ;)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.