Primal Carnage

edited November 2012 in Jurassic Park
there is a game coming out called Primal Carnage that looks interesting. its just a FPS and it plays like Left 4 Dead, i'm not sure if it has a story mode (campaign) but it looks like a fun game. you can either play as the human hunters or the dinosaurs. The T-rex acts as the Tank from L4D, while raptors and other dino's act as the other special infected from L4D. as a fan of left 4 dead, i think this looks fun. its no Jurassic Park, but people were complaining JP wasn't a shooter (which i'm glad it wasn't) but if you wanted to shoot dinosaurs, here is the game for you.

edit
forgot to add the link
http://www.primalcarnage.com/website/

Comments

• edited December 2011
    there is a game coming out called Primal Carnage that looks interesting. its just a FPS and it plays like Left 4 Dead, i'm not sure if it has a story mode (campaign) but it looks like a fun game. you can either play as the human hunters or the dinosaurs. The T-rex acts as the Tank from L4D, while raptors and other dino's act as the other special infected from L4D. as a fan of left 4 dead, i think this looks fun. its no Jurassic Park, but people were complaining JP wasn't a shooter (which i'm glad it wasn't) but if you wanted to shoot dinosaurs, here is the game for you.

i would totally buy this game, i saw the game play, the raptors in the game look similar to jp3 raptors, but the t-rex doesn't really look well, it is cool how you can control the dinosaurs and every thing, once i buy this game i probably spend most of my time as the dino and not the hunter lol
  • edited December 2011
    I've heard of this game but it's been a very long time since I've heard anything new on it. I'm hoping it wasn't cancled. It looks decent though. Better than Dino D-Day anyway.
  • edited December 2011
    I've heard of this game but it's been a very long time since I've heard anything new on it. I'm hoping it wasn't cancled. It looks decent though. Better than Dino D-Day anyway.

i just found out about it, the website has some information, i don't know if its new, but their forums are saying its shooting for a release in the first half of 2012.
  • edited December 2011
    well hopefully that apocalypse doesnt happen in 2012 or we are all doomed lol, no more electricity, the sun is supposed to line up with the earth or something like that, and if it does, supposedly a flare will come down on us, heard it took out the dinos hopefully it dont us, start making under ground bunkers ha
  • edited December 2011
    It looks very cool, but I know for a fact that if it isn't balanced or if the developers don't make a firm commitment to balancing it even after release then I know my friends won't touch it with a ten-foot pole.
  • edited December 2011

edit
    forgot to add the link
    http://www.primalcarnage.com/website/
    YES! Now they just need to acquire the JP franchise and my dream JP game is complete!
  • edited December 2011
    They are working diligently on the game. It's just that, at this point, it's mostly under the hood stuff that doesn't translate well to screencaps(like getting the raptors to where they don't jump like they're on the moon lol). They're trying to iron out the kinks before getting the rest of the characters in-game and then getting it to the beta testing phase.

I've been watching this game since they released a trailer showing a T.rex and Spinosaurus fighting and f-ing KILLED THE SPINO!!!
  • edited December 2011
    here is a list of Prime carnage Dinosaurs

Tyrannosaurs
    Liopleurodon
    Triceratops
    deinonychus
    Brachiosaurus
    Stegasaurs
    Parasaurolophus
    spinosaurus
    corthyosaurs
    Pterenodon
    compy
    dilophosaurus

there could be more, but i am not sure, the only ones i can think of from watching youtube gameplay footage, and recent news
  • edited December 2011
    They have a Liopleurodon? I thought it was cut like the Hell Croc, um, what was its name again?
  • edited December 2011
    awesome you can play as dino's Hell Yeah!!!
  • edited December 2011
    It looks nice... but like Left 4 Dead I do not think I could get into it.. FPS are ok when it has a good story as well.. but the ones that do not bore me.
  • edited September 2012
    Do you like First Person Shooters? Do you like dinosaurs? Do you like killing dinosaurs or playing AS dinosaurs and munching down on some tasty mercenaries? If you answered yes to any of these, you should check out the upcoming PC game Primal Carnage. It runs on the Unreal Engine and is currently set up as a humans vs. dinosaurs class-based team deathmatch with possibility for expansion down the road. It is being produced by Lukewarm Media, a small indie developer of around 20 people, and is being supported by a HUGE community, and I mean huge. Each class on both sides plays a little different, each with pros and cons that you have to take into account when you choose your class. The game doesn't have a set launch date yet, but it is preparing to enter Beta and is available from pre-order now. Pre-ordering nets you the game, access to the beta, and an exclusive feathered skin for the raptor dinosaur in the game. Check them out at www.primalcarnage.com, preorder, and in the meantime, enjoy these two character showcase videos.

Pyromaniac and Carnotaurus and Trapper and Raptor

Be sure to say hi in the forums if you happen to see me, I'm under the same name there!

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the game is $14.99, and the team has confirmed that ALL DLC will be free. And the game is currently PC only, though if it does well enough, they do want to try and port it to console.
  • edited September 2012
    Tell us if the Boobasaurus Sex is in there. Because if not.... what's the point of playing that game?
  • edited September 2012
    There was already a thread for this in the JP forums. I will now merge those threads.
  • edited September 2012
    I forgot about this thread, and I was actually trying to get more people interested in the game, hence why I put it in General Chat, not the dead Jurassic Park forum...
  • edited September 2012
    I have not even heard about this game. But after so many positive reviews, I think I should buy it.
  • edited September 2012
    Is this game online play only? If it is, do you have to pay a monthly fee like other online multilayer games?
  • edited September 2012
    Jurassic#2 wrote: »
    Is this game online play only? If it is, do you have to pay a monthly fee like other online multilayer games?

So far, the game is going to be online multiplayer only, though they have ideas for expansions in the future. There will not be a monthly fee. You buy the game for 15 bucks and it's yours forever, in addition to free DLC packs in the future.
  • edited September 2012
    Cool! Thanks for the info, sounds like a great game already! Can't wait!
  • edited September 2012
    Everything I've seen definitely points to it being a great game, definitely one of the best dinosaur games to come out in a long time.
  • edited September 2012
    The game is looking awesome. I will surely buy it.
  • edited September 2012
    here is a list of Prime carnage Dinosaurs

Tyrannosaurs
    Liopleurodon
    Triceratops
    deinonychus
    Brachiosaurus
    Stegasaurs
    Parasaurolophus
    spinosaurus
    corthyosaurs
    Pterenodon
    compy
    dilophosaurus

there could be more, but i am not sure, the only ones i can think of from watching youtube gameplay footage, and recent news

The only dinos in the game, as of now, are Tyrannosaurus rex, Raptor generis, Dilophosaurus, Pteranodon, and Carnotaurus. Iguanodon is in the game as a corpse for the dino team to feed on to regain health. The Compy horde class was temporarily removed from the game due to AI issues and was replaced with Carnotaurus. The first release of the game with be simply deathmatch, no AI in-game at all until post release. This also includes the human Pathfinder class's dog. However, any updates or DLC for this game WILL be free. I think it's a little crazy considering that the game is only $15, but that's why word of mouth is important. Get the knowledge of the game out there.

Hopefully the game will be entering beta testing soon enough.

Also, here's a sneak peek of the feathered raptor skin you get for pre-ordering, though the developers have made sure to note that the model and textures are subject to change.
    Wv182.jpg
  • edited November 2012
    This game is actually pretty fun... JP fans should check it out for sure.. its definitely inspired by the franchise.

If anyone else has it.. my name is Irishmile on steam too.
  • edited November 2012
    I will point out, the game is very graphic heavy. Even on the lowest possible settings and using mods to get it lower, my laptop can barely run it for a few minutes before it blue-screens. But then, my laptop can barely play BttF with a steady frame-rate.
  • edited November 2012
    It looks very cool, but I know for a fact that if it isn't balanced or if the developers don't make a firm commitment to balancing it even after release then I know my friends won't touch it with a ten-foot pole.