The Lost World: The Game Isla Sorna

edited July 2012 in Jurassic Park
What should Isla Sorna look like when TLW:TG is released? Should it be based on the film-canon Island but slightly different like game-canon Isla Nublar was? Or should it be the map shown on the right of this picture? Since it is a sequel to JP:TG.
819px-SiteB_TG.png

Comments

• edited December 2011
    JPTGfan wrote: »
    What should Isla Sorna look like when TLW:TG is released? Should it be based on the film-canon Island but slightly different like game-canon Isla Nublar was? Or should it be the map shown on the right of this picture? Since it is a sequel to JP:TG.
    819px-SiteB_TG.png

whoa never notice the map before!
  • edited December 2011
    I have, pretty simple, noticed it on my first time playing and well the 11 to 14 times playing and beating it gold on everything. Also just got done playing the x-box version from playing both the x-box and computer versions, the x-box wins! that is the marine facility, to bad there isnt a pause button that lets you pause in the game without it going back to the main menu screen, that way you could take a pic of it or something
  • edited December 2011
    I never noticed that too....

But this isn't real movie-canon, this map is the novel Isla Sorna
    see here
  • edited December 2011
    so the next game is going to be based on dodgson on isla sorna? The way the map is looks like the next game will be based on him
  • edited December 2011
    If this was movie canon it would show a map of movie canon Isla Sorna. But Now it looks like JP:TG takes place in it's own universe due to the fact that it has things that don't go with the movie and even has some things that are from the novels. We can consider this map is a game canon Isla Sorna.
  • edited December 2011
    JPTGfan wrote: »
    If this was movie canon it would show a map of movie canon Isla Sorna. But Now it looks like JP:TG takes place in it's own universe due to the fact that it has things that don't go with the movie and even has some things that are from the novels. We can consider this map is a game canon Isla Sorna.

oh well, i dont think the bttf game was made based on the movies either to be honest, ive played it, the back to the future part 3, didnt really lead off to a fourth one :P
  • edited December 2011
    How do we know that Sorna? It could just be like a physical quote, using the Novel Map of Sorna, as a Map for say, a different Island. Also, I've mentioned this before, about there being a sequel, based on Sorna, has that been confirmed?
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, that could be just another island owned by InGen.
    Here are some images of Film-canon Isla Sorna:
    Hammond's thermal map thermal.png
    And here is a highly accurate map made by the Jurassic Park Legacy's staff.
  • edited December 2011
    the map in the game could be upside down or something because they look the same and if you look at the compass it has the Jurassic Park logo on it so I think it is Isla Sorna :D :)
  • edited December 2011
    YEAH!!! Base it when dogson goes to isla sorna to steal some eggs and stuff! Like in the book! Oh yeaaaaah!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    ^^ THIS could also make sense in the movie-canon now because of The Game.
    Isla Nublar being bombed (like in the novel) makes Isla Sorna the only left hideout for dinosaurs and a possible interest for Dodgson.
  • edited December 2011
    ^^ THIS could also make sense in the movie-canon now because of The Game.
    Isla Nublar being bombed (like in the novel) makes Isla Sorna the only left hideout for dinosaurs and a possible interest for Dodgson.
  • edited February 2012
    Wow ! I also hadn't noticed that ! It seems the creators payed a lot of attention to original details . Or is it to tell us that they had something in mind ? ;)
  • edited June 2012
    The novel map of Isla Sorna is just an easter egg. It's something to appeal Jurassic Park fans. In my estimation of the Jurassic Park movie continuity, Isla Nublar wasn't bombed (like in the novel) because we didn't see the naplam bombing in the end of episode 4 and the U.S. military want to research the Green Flame and later they covered the whole thing up. The dinosaurs are still alive because they appeared in Dangerous Games, which take place many years after the first film. I count the Topps and IDW comics as part of the canon. But if you have your own estimations of the movie canon, I respect that. This is just my estimation as a reminder.
  • edited June 2012
    For those in favor of a second JP:TG TLW, get your asses to JPLegacy right now, this may actually happen!http://www.jplegacy.org
  • edited June 2012
    I hope that telltale create the new game Jurassic Park: The Game 2 (The Lost World). The first game has many flaws and errors, I still like so much and I completely and ended about 6 or 7 times.

Correcting those mistakes and apollandose in new shares as its fantastic new game The Walking Dead I am sure to be widely accepted. The critics of the JP game was very bad and many people would not buy it.

I would buy Jurassic Park: The game 2
  • edited July 2012
    nublar93 wrote: »
    The novel map of Isla Sorna is just an easter egg. It's something to appeal Jurassic Park fans. In my estimation of the Jurassic Park movie continuity, Isla Nublar wasn't bombed (like in the novel) because we didn't see the naplam bombing in the end of episode 4 and the U.S. military want to research the Green Flame and later they covered the whole thing up. The dinosaurs are still alive because they appeared in Dangerous Games, which take place many years after the first film. I count the Topps and IDW comics as part of the canon. But if you have your own estimations of the movie canon, I respect that. This is just my estimation as a reminder.

in the lost world hammond says to ian the first island got bombed in the movie
  • edited July 2012
    The map of Isla Sorna in the game is an easter egg; it is not meant to be taken seriously people. The developers just put the map in there as a nod to the fans, not as a serious addition/clue to the game. It's like what George Lucas did with E.T. in The Phantom Menace; he put E.T. in one of the scenes as a nod to Spielberg since Spielberg used a lot of Star Wars references in E.T., not because he seriously wanted to make E.T. part of the Star Wars universe. More over than that, you can tell it's an easter egg because the sticky notes are very close to where Crichton put the "dinos of Isla Sorna" illustrations in his TLW book.

Now please, can we move past this and accept the fact that the game is in the film canon, and not its own, already? If TellTale makes TLW:TG, they are going to use the movie version of Isla Sorna, and that's that.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.