ULTIMATE MONKEY ISLAND- Episode I - LAUNCHED!

Hi my dear sea-dogs!
My name is Danilo and I'm a member of the Italian Community of fans of Monkey Island.
With Alberto "Albo Abourt", the musician that you've already appreciated on this Forum, and with an italian comic book artist, Christian "Nanni" Nannipieri, we are working on a new project: ULTIMATE MONKEY ISLAND!

Attachment not found.

"ULTIMATE MONKEY ISLAND" is an animated graphic novel, re-boot of the Monkey Island saga, twenty one years after the first chapter. The plot is partly based on the original Monkey Island Movie project, as it is shown in the Special Edition Dvd! You will find all the episodes on our youtube channel. All the episodes will have a fan-made dub. Obviously, UMI is a non-profit project, purely fan made.
I hope you can enjoy our project, and if you please, subscribe and visit our web-site:
www.ultimatemonkeyisland.tk

Here it is the official trailer. The charming voice-over is the famous Nicki Rapp's, aka Morgan LeFlay. Nicki was very kind and professional, helping us with our trailer. Hope you enjoy it!

http://youtu.be/A3LGXox2Ioc

Comments

• edited December 2011
    Awesooooome!! Can I play Stan? O.O I could try the Italian version of him too!! :D

How do you say "Howdy" in Italian?
  • edited December 2011
    That looks amazing! I can't wait to read it :D

Keep up the good work, and kudos for getting Nikki! She's one of the coolest voice actress around here. If you are reading this, great work Nikki!

I think I'm going to enjoy this...
  • edited December 2011
    Awesooooome!! Can I play Stan? O.O I could try the Italian version of him too!! :D

How do you say "Howdy" in Italian?

I thinks it's "It'sa me-a! Mario!" Yeah... That definitely means "Howdy."
  • edited December 2011
    TomPravetz wrote: »
    I thinks it's "It'sa me-a! Mario!" Yeah... That definitely means "Howdy."

Yes, that's correct! :guybrush:

:D Kidding aside, "Howdy!" should be "Ehilà!" (/ei'la/) :)

Thank you very much for commenting, guys!
  • edited December 2011

Body not quite ready
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for your replies, guys!
    We're working on the first episode in this very moment and we need your support!
    So please subscribe, tell to your friends and follow our updates!

-Nanni-
  • edited December 2011
    Finally here! Thank you guys, for your kind comment. We hope not disappoint you!

I'm very honored to be a part of this awesome team :)
    Danilo is an awesome writer, and he's quite know in Italy for his Monkey Island's FanFiction, and Christian is a wonderful artist. But, in the meantime, we're friend in the real life too, and there's much, much enthusiasm :) The prerogatives are amazing, reading the plot and the scripts. I just hope to be up!

Romantic thought: I can't denied that it was an emotion for me hear the voice of Morgan/Nicki under one of my tracks and I can't stop to say thanks to her, it was amazing and...I was moved, really!
    Stay tuned :)
  • edited December 2011
    I've created a new trailer in HD, hope you like it!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RyvTb5AbUCM
    Happy new year!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Hey, I'd love to help out with this if I can..
    When I get home after new year, I'll make some recordings, so you can cast me in a role (unfortunately only english)
  • edited January 2012
    Wow, I'm working on a fan game of Monkey Island in France and I have to say that your reboot sounds pretty cool and pretty dark.

The musics sounds so epic, will you allow us to download them too?

(Oh, and I live in France, will you put french subtitles in your reboot or will you allow me to traduce them? Thanks.)
  • edited January 2012
    :) Thank you very much for your comments.
    Everyone who would like to help us is welcome! We are working on English and Italian episodes now.
    We would like to create episodes in different languages, so we will value your proposals in the future.

Let's keep in touch.
    Bye bye!
  • edited February 2012
    The promo that will explain ye everything!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNSN2zuZZP8
  • edited February 2012
    OK, you finally got me to bookmark your web page. And when I bookmarked it, I noticed the title is "Sito in costruzione", so you might want to fix that. Looking forward to it! (The series, not the web page title.)
  • edited February 2012
    WarpSpeed wrote: »
    OK, you finally got me to bookmark your web page. And when I bookmarked it, I noticed the title is "Sito in costruzione", so you might want to fix that. Looking forward to it! (The series, not the web page title.)

already noted time ago... :(
    Real web site is www.ultimatemi.altervista.org and title is ok.
    That's a problem of Renaming service used for a more readable domain (www.dot.tk).
  • edited February 2012
    Ah, I see the problem. OK, I adjusted my bookmark to the real site.
  • edited April 2012
    EPISODE I is finally on-line!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38gy5F7fVlw

:)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.