How would you inprove The Monkey Island Games?

I have been wondering some stuff about Tales Of Monkey Island and i realised after playing through it again that it is my favourite Monkey Island Game (i did think my favourite was Curse of Monkey Island).

But then i throught what was changed in the game to give us this game i think is great. i seen in a thread about some concepts for This Game (i think one was for the Poxed Guybrush when he got angry).

So This Thread is about what you would do to inprove Monkey Island games after this or would you keep it the way it is going right now. I would not change a thing because i think the game is already great. Also you can talk about stuff you wish the kept in the game from the concepts (again the only concept i can remember from some other thread is a different looking Poxed Guybrush) also you can talk about if other Monkey Island games should be inproved...(yes people can also talk about Monkey Island 2's Ending) so ill start off on saying that while Escape from Monkey Island was good i think it started to drag on a bit after you go to the island with Planet Threepwood

Comments

• edited March 2012
    I wouldn't inprove it.

...nor would I exprove it.

I would improve it by making SoMI Guybrush's hair look better, the MI2SE classic mode's music better, and burning every copy of Escape.
  • SydSyd
    edited March 2012
    The only thing that comes to mind is the monkeywrench puzzle in MI2, because it didn't translate too well for other regions.
    Chyron8472 wrote: »
    I would improve it by making SoMI Guybrush's hair look better, the MI2SE classic mode's music better, and burning every copy of Escape.

I have my version of SoMI:SE modded with an improved Guybrush (Basically a modified version of MI2:SE Guybrush's head put on SoMI:SE Guybrush's body. It works out better than it sounds like it would).

Also, I didn't despise Escape, but there were just so many little things wrong with it that they all melded together into a giant atmosphere-ruining blob. Overall, I consider it a decent adventure game, but a disappointing Monkey Island game.

Edit:
    Irishmile wrote: »
    I would improve 3 and 4 by releasing hi-def versions. On PC and a PS3 version for days I wanna sit on my couch all lazy like and play.

An HD version of Curse would be absolutely gorgeous. I can't say I'd be too enthusiastic about a remake of Escape, but I'd certainly still check it out anyway.
  • edited March 2012
    I would improve 3 and 4 by releasing hi-def versions. On PC and a PS3 version for days I wanna sit on my couch all lazy like and play.
  • edited March 2012
    Monkey Island 1 - able to explore the governor's mansion more.
    Monkey Island 2 - able to explore the governors'* mansion more.
    Curse of Monkey Island - Elaine and Guybrush doesn't get married, graphics more in style of Monkey Island 2 with the shorter and not quite as slim Guybrush, and more of an oil-painting look. Less cartoon-style, more "gritty" and "dirty".
    Escape from Monkey Island - graphics are WAY too cartoony now, and the story is horrible and completely nonsensical when put against the other games in the series. To be blunt, make it more of a Monkey Island game and less of a "zany cartoon comedy" spin-off that it seemed to be. Too many wrong things with the game that it would take ages to list them. And I even like the game. It's just that it's only Monkey Island about 1/4 of the time.
    Tales of Monkey Island - map puzzles, improved "cinematic camera angle", controls, inventory system, story is continuing the zaniness. I mean, a magical giant sponge? Really?

Only games in the series that I have trouble finding flaws with are 1 and 2 really. It's just two perfect examples of adventure gaming for me.

*Elaine's and Phatt's
  • edited March 2012
    I'd improve the series BY MAKING "TALES OF MONKEY ISLAND" #2!!!!

(Any chance Lucasarts heard that? No? Damn.)
  • edited March 2012
    Yeah... Tales of MI season 2 is probably the game I want most out of ANY franchise.
  • edited March 2012
    If telltale ever makes a second Tales of Monkey Island season, I hope they add more exploration. I mean bigger, crowded islands, not only panoramic scenarios with limited models for people. Tales felt lazy.
  • edited March 2012
    How can one improve upon perfection? :p

Well, aside from Escape from Monkey Island, I could see that being improved a bit.
  • edited March 2012
    new kind of puzzles, tt did it well with the "sound" puzzles for example
  • edited March 2012
    More QTEs less puzzles
  • edited March 2012
    Ribs wrote: »
    More QTEs less puzzles

I bet you're a big fan of the whole "Lucasarts-exists-only-to-flog-crap-to-Star-Wars-fans" policy, too...
  • edited March 2012
    Ribs wrote: »
    More QTEs less puzzles

I hope that was a joke
  • edited March 2012
    The biggest improvement the series need is the watch movie button.
    (Enabled after you played through it at least once)

Of a different kind would be more randomized (within reason) puzzles.
    It would greatly improve the replay value if replaying wouldn't be doing exactly the same things again.
    (The way how to solve it can be the same, just shuffle around what items you need, where to get them, and what you have to do for those)
  • edited April 2012
    Remove the game breaking bugs, such as the volcano shot glass glitch I experienced today.
  • edited April 2012
    Wii version episode 4 Lechuck, Guybrush and the jail glitch it needs fixed! i only have episode 1 on my wii but i seen this glitch on youtube and it looks like a bad glitch
  • edited April 2012
    There's always room for improvement, so the poll is a bit disingenuous.

That said, TOMI was definitely an evolution in the franchise and took it to new heights from episode to episode. LucasArt's quizzical licensing policies permitting it some day, I say Telltale should carry on with their vision and, for starters, tweak the control scheme. Keep the click-hold-drag if you absolutely must, but for God's sake get rid of the hula hoop around Guybrush.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.