Law & Order: Legacies Episode 2 - Discussion and Feedback

Hi, everyone

Episode two is out and working (at least, for me...) so I thought I might get the ball rolling with some feedback.

Episode 2: Home to Roost

Some good:
Some great dialogue here, Curtis and Lenny have great chemistry.
An interesting concept for the case.

Some bad:
A few obvious bugs have been missed
  • After you question the nanny, there is no transcript of her talk.
  • While looking for evidence, there are meant to be a bunch of knives on the table.
  • I can only seem to get one bonus star when questioning the wife, and the wrap up says 1 of 2. I ask all the questions and make no mistakes.
Some of the questions asked to the player don't have anything to do with the case. It's just testing our listening, or making sure we know the character's names. Seems like it's trying to trip us up for the sake of it, rather than solving anything.
Huang didn't think of hiding the rolex after the detectives started sniffing around?
The prosecution part of the game is over rather quick. Besides the accused, the wife is the only one who takes the stand. She is only asked one question with no cross examine, and as for the closing statement... you're given three options and have to say all of them.
I'd appreciate a 'restart case' button.
Once you finish the case, the stats aren't detailed enough. I played the case a second time, and from what I could determine, I made no mistakes. I got the alternative longer cutscene, but only a score of 31/42.

Comments

• edited January 2012
    How do I get episode 2 to play all it states is remove and back buttons how do I get to play episode 2?
  • edited January 2012
    Played the Both episodes last weekend. I know it may sound like blasphemy, but I found playing them as uniquely appealing and inventive as Tales of Monkey Island. Of course they are very different games, but what I found similar is that with both games I thought, "I didn't know they could do something like this." I loved it!

***SPOILERS***

Now, with Episode 2, maybe I wasn't paying attention to a line of diologue, but what happened to the cock fighting manager that the murder was pinned on? If you played the game well, he was tried and convicted using false testimony from the key witness. He'd get out on a mistrial, then retried without that evidence and testimony for manslaughter, and there is no way he would be convicted. I mean, a major part of the closing remarks was about the two hours he waited to get him medical help. But he didn't wait two hours, he dropped the victim off at the right afterwards. This represents a gross miscarriage of justice!

But like I said, maybe I just didn't hear the line addressing that guy's fate. Also, it didn't change the gameplay, story, or enjoyment of the game. Good job TTG! Another winner. I'm looking forward to playing more of these and other titles like it!
  • RyanKaufmanRyanKaufman Former Telltale Staff
    edited January 2012
    Ha! Good catch! Yes, we definitely left Guzman's fate unanswered. Once they realized Elle had perjured herself, then yes, a new trial would be called. Most likely the charges dropped, and Guzman would be slapped with something lesser.

Dramatically, we wanted to end with Elle's punishment...

Glad you noticed that detail!

Now, just consider the utter miscarriage of justice if Guzman is found Not Guilty. You never hear from the Nanny, and so Elle walks away from the whole mess!
  • edited January 2012
    I am having the same problen where is part 2 & 3
  • edited February 2012
    Was it Elle's fault that Neil died? Can I find that out if I play it again?
  • edited April 2012
    HATE TO BR RUDE BUT THE DEVELOPERS NEED SOME LAW AMD ORDER WITH THIS GAME!!!!!!I got the free first episode then bought 2-7 in app for 12.99. Still waiting on telltale to do something instead of sending me lame excuses and apologies. I've done so many deletes,re-boots and re- installs I have lost track. Still comes right back to saying I already purchased the multi pack and yet it's no where to be found. Even transferred the game off my iPhone 4S to my iPad 2 and it still won't give me the 2- 7 episodes. I turned it over to iTunes I will get my money back, can't play it anyway. But honestly I really wanted what I bought over a month ago. Still there are so many complaints in the ratings. At least I'm not alone. But add up all the 12.99's then do the math on that interest they got for a month or more. So even if we all get refunds they made a killing with this mess.
  • edited April 2012
    HATE TO BR RUDE BUT THE DEVELOPERS NEED SOME LAW AMD ORDER WITH THIS GAME!!!!!!I got the free first episode then bought 2-7 in app for 12.99. Still waiting on telltale to do something instead of sending me lame excuses and apologies. I've done so many deletes,re-boots and re- installs I have lost track. Still comes right back to saying I already purchased the multi pack and yet it's no where to be found. Even transferred the game off my iPhone 4S to my iPad 2 and it still won't give me the 2- 7 episodes. I turned it over to iTunes I will get my money back, can't play it anyway. But honestly I really wanted what I bought over a month ago. Still there are so many complaints in the ratings. At least I'm not alone. But add up all the 12.99's then do the math on that interest they got for a month or more. So even if we all get refunds they made a killing with this mess.

You need to actually download the individual episodes after purchasing the Multi Pack, which it doesn't sound like you've tried to do. The Multi Pack gives you access to Episodes 2-7; it doesn't download them automatically.
  • edited June 2012
    I have also purchased the Multi-Pack and am having the same issue. I try to download the next episode from the main episode selection screen and it doesn't download. I get the same error message for every episode, in fact: "Failed to Download. If problem persists, ensure a strong connection and restart the app or the device."
    I've restarted the app AND the device as well as "ensure a strong connection," but still nothing is working. I do, however see a lot of similar or same complaints that are dismissed with advice that I've already tried and I'm sure a lot of these other people have tried. Can you please get the game to WORK on our devices? I'd love to play it, but I just spent $13 on something that doesn't work on my fully updated, newly restarted (with all apps closed) iPhone 4S. I'm not running old stuff. This should be working.
    Advice or an update that could fix this issue would be appreciated.
  • edited June 2012
    I enjoyed the first Law and Order episode, and looked forward to continuing, but half-way through episode 2 I quickly uninstalled the whole game.

Why? Because the game designers are idiots.

While questioning the wife the game asks me to verify information that I haven't heard.
    I replayed the scene and asked questions in a different order and got the information I needed, but that tells me that there's a right order and a wrong order in which to ask the questions. If I have to ask them in a specific order, then why give me the option to ask them out of order. STUPID!

And while searching the slaughter room, we have to find two "?" items, but there is no way to know where to look. The only option is to click everywhere and hope you get lucky. If I want that I'll play Yatzee. At least in the first hotel scene you had a hint that something was under the towel, but in the slaughter room there is no indication where the items are, and after 15 "misses" they finally appear under the box. STUPID! STUPID!

I have bought my last Tell Tale Game ever!
  • edited September 2014

I'm wondering the same exact thing. I can't even get episode 2 to say "install" ! Is there anybody that knows how to do this so those of us that want to play it can? I have finish the revenge episode and it keeps repeating.

Bambam22 posted: »

How do I get episode 2 to play all it states is remove and back buttons how do I get to play episode 2?

• Can anybody please help me. I have played episode 1, of law and order. Now I wish to play episode 2 which is " Home to Roost". However, it will not go to that episode. It keeps repeating the first one. Can anybody help me? Thanks in advance.

• I am having this same issue

Sign in to comment in this discussion.