Ah, fond memories!

edited April 2012 in Wallace & Gromit
D'you know, the first two Wallace & Gromit Adventures were the first Telltale games I played, before I even got interested in Sam & Max! Maybe one day, after I finish up "The Devil's Playhouse", I'll get to buying the other two episodes. Come to think of it.. have they made reference to any other Telltale license? In fact, do any of them do..?

Comments

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited April 2012
    FrankT wrote: »
    D'you know, the first two Wallace & Gromit Adventures were the first Telltale games I played, before I even got interested in Sam & Max! Maybe one day, after I finish up "The Devil's Playhouse", I'll get to buying the other two episodes.
    You really should. Episode 3: Muzzled is the best episode of Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures. Episode 4 is also excellent. I'd have to say that the four episodes of Wallace & Gromit are probably the most faithful and fun adventure games I've yet played from Telltale (with Sam & Max and Tales of Monkey Island right up there as well).
    FrankT wrote: »
    Come to think of it.. have they made reference to any other Telltale license? In fact, do any of them do..?
    Telltale's games are known for their references, or in-jokes. It's a tradition they carried on from their founders' tenure at LucasArts.

I compiled a list of screenshots of in-jokes that I could find in games here.

Episode 1 of Wallace & Gromit contains a reference dating all the way back to Maniac Mansion that has also been included in many Telltale Games (such as Tales of Monkey Island). Tales of Monkey Island episode 1 also has a reference to Wallace & Gromit in return. :)

Episode 2 of Wallace & Gromit has a slight modification of the reference from episode 1 that makes it a reference to Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People.

I haven't yet scoured episodes 3 and 4 for injokes.
  • edited April 2012
    Favourite Parts of Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures

Episode 1:
    The sleeping Bee puzzle and Making Breakfast

Episode 2:
    Making sure everyone is happy in the resort and Finding out who hit Duncan

Episode 3:
    Doing stuff at the fair as Gromit and helping Gromit escape the muzzler

Episode 4:
    The golf game against Duncan & Escaping Prickly Thicket after getting the deed to Prickly Thicket
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2012
    This thread has made me nostalgic for Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures. Thank you!
  • edited April 2012
    Jake wrote: »
    This thread has made me nostalgic for Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures. Thank you!

Hey Jake i got a question for you. What is your favourite Wallace & Gromit episode?
  • edited April 2012
    Truly this was a great series by TT...possibly my favorite so far. The puzzles were fun and the characters were great. A second season would be nice, but I guess that doesn't seem to be in the cards.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited April 2012
    This thread made me want to go and hunt for more references to other Telltale games. I played Muzzled and found a reference to Bone: The Great Cow Race. :)

I updated My blog and Mixnmojo with a screenshot of it. :)

I'm going to play through The Bogey Man next to see what I can find. :) There's also a bunch of references to Wallace & Gromit shorts in the episodes. I'll have to play through and get screenshots for those too once I'm done. :)
  • edited April 2012
    I will admit, I was surprised the team didn't get Peter Sallis to voice Wallace. :o
  • edited April 2012
    What was everyones favourite parts in the episodes?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2012
    Hey Jake i got a question for you. What is your favourite Wallace & Gromit episode?

I liked the second halves of both The Last Resort and Muzzled quite a lot. If I had a favorite episode it would be a toss up between those two, but probably trending towards Muzzled.
  • edited April 2012
    Jake wrote: »
    I liked the second halves of both The Last Resort and Muzzled quite a lot. If I had a favorite episode it would be a toss up between those two, but probably trending towards Muzzled.

I had a hard time deciding between those 2 about which was my favourite episode but i went for The Last Resort because of the puzzles, the mystery and Having to keep everyone happy in the middle
  • edited April 2012
    This thread inspired me to replay this series. It's been a long time since I've seen these episodes, and I'm finally able to play them on the highest graphic settings. I had no idea how great these games could look!

Yeah, these games are still fun, and the music is great. At the time I was rather dissapointed we were so limited to Wallace's house and the town square, but now that I know what to expect, I'm able to appreciate it far more. I really enjoy the characters too. It's a shame this series isn't talked about more often. My favorite moments are the ones where the designers find an opportunity to use some 2D art. I believe these were the first things Ryan Jones did for Telltale. Those things always look so good.

I'm playing Muzzled right now. Headline on a newspaper on the town square: "Lost dalmations spotted". Absolutely brilliant.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.