Who is your favourite character that is introduced in Back to the Future The Game

Ok everyone the only characters who are going to be in here are people who are new characters to the back to the future universe introduced in this game and they had to ether have been 2 or more episodes or was inportant to the story. Mine was Citizen Brown because he changed a lot during episodes 3,4 & 5 he changed from a mayor who turned hill valley into a police state who was in love with Edna then wanting to change the future for the best until his love for Edna tricked him into thinking he could change her and then finally he is changed into normal Doc but he leaves as a hero saving Marty's life

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Willy only because of MJF!

I also noticed you didn't add that in the poll. Shame on you! MJF will have your head for this!
  • edited April 2012
    I had completely forgot about Willy
  • edited April 2012
    is there any way i can add him to the poll?
  • edited April 2012
    is there any way i can add him to the poll?

You better pray that there is! >:D
  • edited April 2012
    Wait Willy could not be here anyway because while yes we see him as an adult he was introduced in Bttf 3 and Marty even references it in Episode 5
  • edited April 2012
    To be fair, this is the first time that Willie's personality was ever really established. But, yeah, it also can't really apply - since we only see him in Episode Five. We do seem him in two timelines, though. Actually, three - but the first and third ones are very similar.
  • bttf4444 wrote: »
    To be fair, this is the first time that Willie's personality was ever really established. But, yeah, it also can't really apply - since we only see him in Episode Five. We do seem him in two timelines, though. Actually, three - but the first and third ones are very similar.

yeah it's similar to the lone pine and 'burned almanac' and for that matter the eastwood timeline 1985's; they all had different pasts but seem to have similar presents.

And yes we know nothing about Willie himself from part III. I liked the character quite a bit, seemed to be the McFly the most like Marty; Seamus is strong willed but Willie seems more assertice.
  • edited April 2012
    Guys the only reason Willie is not here is because i had completely forgot to put him into the list
  • Based on the list I actually liked the Kid and Artie relationship I thought it was well fit into the continuity;

people correctly point out that while George and Marty Jr. are wimps for backing down to the tannens for fear of being beat up while Seamus is not because standing up to Buford would likely get him killed.

Kid and Artie is kind of a hybrid; 1931 is no longer the wild west but it's still more dangerous than the 1950's. Kid can still kill people (as we saw) and there is a law but he has to be more crafty when getting around it; he can't do whatever he wants whenever he wants like Buford does but he basically has his own speakeasy he can set his own rules in. In Arties case he works for Kid so he does need to follow orders and while he could quit, it is the great depression so it's not easy to find other work.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited April 2012
    I'd have to say my favorite on your list would probably be Trixie, since she at first seemed one dimensional, but became more fleshed out as the series progressed (that's what I liked about what we learned from Biff's character in the sequel films as well). I liked Beauregard Tannen (from episode 5) a lot too, as he seemed less like a one-dimensional villain than the Tannens we've seen in the past (I liked how he was reluctant to shoot Edna out of a code of honor he'd set for himself).
  • edited April 2012
    So the reason you like Trixie is character development? because if that is why then i agree that First Citizen Brown,Trixie and Young Emmett has the most character development
  • So the reason you like Trixie is character development? because if that is why then i agree that First Citizen Brown,Trixie and Young Emmett has the most character development

I think what Jenni is saying is that she liked that Trixie was developed to be multi layered. She wasn't just a dumb blonde as you may have first thought.
    Beauregard did seem like a different Tannen, seemed to have ethics and feel that he was doing the right thing- which he was, fairly certain alcohol was legal in 1876
  • edited April 2012
    I was thinking about putting him into the list but i decided not to for a few reasons

1.He was Only in this episode
    2.He was not really inportant to the story other than he was used for a puzzle and to give Edna a reason to burn down Hill Valley

Also why did Telltale not use Mad Dog Tannen instead of making another Tannen
    Also again did anyone notice that every episode has at least a cameo of a Tannen

Episode 1-Biff,Kid
    Episode 2-Kid,Biff,Cliff, & Riff
    Episode 3-Biff
    Episode 4-Biff and a cameo of Kid
    Episode 5-Biff,Beauregard,Kid and since
    Edna marrys Kid in the final timeline ill count her as a Tannen as well
    edited April 2012
    I think what Jenni is saying is that she liked that Trixie was developed to be multi layered. She wasn't just a dumb blonde as you may have first thought.
    That's exactly what I meant, just in a more precise way (thanks MJF is Canadian :)).

That's what I liked about Biff in the movies too. He seemed like only a stupid bully in the first film. But, in the sequels he was revealed to be so much more dangerous if unchecked, and was shown to have become a little more wise with his old age.
    Beauregard did seem like a different Tannen, seemed to have ethics and feel that he was doing the right thing- which he was, fairly certain alcohol was legal in 1876
    Yeah, and in the commentary the developers said he was the only "good" Tannen yet shown (or at least as good as Tannens can get). ;)
    Also why did Telltale not use Mad Dog Tannen instead of making another Tannen
    It was a subtle nod to the animated series, since there was a Beauregard Tannen in that series who fought for the south in the US Civil War.
  • edited April 2012
    Yeah but that would mean back in the west. There would be 2 Tannens i just don't see the point of making a new character when theres already one there but im kinda happy they used Beauregard because for once he was one character in the saloon who was not nuts (Edna) also i liked him better than Mad Dog
    edited April 2012
    Yeah but that would mean back in the west. There would be 2 Tannens i just don't see the point of making a new character when theres already one there but im kinda happy they used Beauregard because for once he was one character in the saloon who was not nuts (Edna) also i liked him better than Mad Dog
    They needed a character that desired to build and run a saloon. Buford "Mad Dog" Tannen would never want to do that.

As for continuity, there's certainly no reason Buford's parents couldn't have had two sons.
  • edited April 2012
    Jennifer wrote: »
    They needed a character that desired to build and run a saloon. Buford "Mad Dog" Tannen would never want to do that.

As for continuity, there's certainly no reason Buford's parents couldn't have had two sons.

True...you know i wonder what he would think if he knew the person (Edna) who tried to burn his saloon marring Kid
    edited April 2012
    True...you know i wonder what he would think if he knew the person (Edna) who tried to burn his saloon marring Kid
    Ha. :) That's actually a good question. His brother's grandson marries the woman who tried to ruin his business.

It reminds me of the scene in the first film:
    "He's an idiot. Comes from upbringing. His parents are probably idiots too. Lorraine, if you ever have a kid that acts that way I'll disown you." :D
  • edited April 2012
    Foreshadowing!!!! :D
  • True...you know i wonder what he would think if he knew the person (Edna) who tried to burn his saloon marring Kid
    Ha. :) That's actually a good question. His brother's grandson marries the woman who tried to ruin his business.

It reminds me of the scene in the first film:
    "He's an idiot. Comes from upbringing. His parents are probably idiots too. Lorraine, if you ever have a kid that acts that way I'll disown you." :D

Depends if Edna keeps chirping about time travel. I doubt Beauregard lives long in 1931 anyhow.

do we know if he's Bufords brother? I agree BTW buford wouldnt run a saloon.
  • edited April 2012
    I see no reason why Beauregard can't be Buford's father. If we accept that he's the same Beauregard as the one from TAS, he'd probably be about old enough.
    edited April 2012
    do we know if he's Bufords brother? I agree BTW buford wouldnt run a saloon.
    Nope, it was just assumption by me. His relationship to Buford wasn't mentioned by the developers in the commentary. But bttf4444 is right, he could be Buford's father if it's the same Beauregard as the animated series.

There's a lot of interesting maybes in the game in terms of relatives of the characters. There's a Delores Miskin that's hanging in the bar in 1875 who bears a striking similarity to Marty's grandmother Silvia. It's probably Marty's great-great grandmother (or great-great-great grandmother), but it's not stated.
  • Jennifer wrote: »
    Nope, it was just assumption by me. His relationship to Buford wasn't mentioned by the developers in the commentary. But bttf4444 is right, he could be Buford's father if it's the same Beauregard as the animated series.

There's a lot of interesting maybes in the game in terms of relatives of the characters. There's a Delores Miskin that's hanging in the bar in 1875 who bears a striking similarity to Marty's grandmother Silvia. It's probably Marty's great-great grandmother (or great-great-great grandmother), but it's not stated.

could it not be Marty's great-grandmother as well? She does show up in the 'history of hill valley' that comes with the game but it's not stated if she has a relation. Trixie is canadian but you could argue that they left hill valley and came back. Mind you Trixie seemed to have trouble getting American citizenship and you'd think that would be easier with American parents.

The one criticism of the show (well actually there's many) is that whenever they go, the Villain is a tannen, going back to the Tannensaurus. You could blame the films, all 3 have the same personalities but different surroundings. And as the films show, Biff isn't ALL bad. In the good timeline, george and lorraine do keep him around and Biff does seem to get humble in that timeline. He does get smarter and wiser over the years; he's clearly dense at age 18 but age 48 he doesn't have any trademark stupid lines and money alone would not accomplish what he did in the Biffhoric timeline, you'd need some brains. He does seem wise age 78 (at some point between 1955 and 2015, he's figured out 'Make like a tree and get out of here' does not make sense).
  • edited April 2012
    Trixie. What I've adored most about her is that GREAT accent while she speaks! :) Also, she's hot! ;)
  • Trixie. What I've adored most about her is that GREAT accent while she speaks! :) Also, she's hot! ;)

Yeah for a canadian she does a great american accent, I didn't hear her say ABOOT or EH once
  • edited June 2012
    Based on the list I actually like the Trixie best .:)
  • edited July 2012
    I like this role quite a bit, seems to be in the the MCFLY most like Marty; Seamus is strong-willed, but Willie seems to be more assertice.
    edited August 2012
    I like this role quite a bit, seems to be in the the MCFLY most like Marty; Seamus is strong-willed, but Willie seems to be more assertice.
    I quite like Willie too. I'm glad that they added him to the game (and super glad they got Michael J Fox to do the role :D). We got to see him as a baby in Back to the Future III (and the game even commented on the fact which he peed on Marty, which was really great. I love the game's many references to the films), but it was great to see him as a grown man. I'm not sure if I'd say he was like Marty though (I couldn't see Marty refusing to let his children marry someone based on nationality, although admittedly the 1930's were a very different time).
  • edited August 2012
    I quite like Willie too. I'm glad that they added him to the game (and super glad they got Michael J Fox to do the role :D). We got to see him as a baby in Back to the Future III (and the game even commented on the fact which he peed on Marty, which was really great. I love the game's many references to the films), but it was great to see him as a grown man. I'm not sure if I'd say he was like Marty though (I couldn't see Marty refusing to let his children marry someone based on nationality, although admittedly the 1930's were a very different time).

Yeah one of the greatest Bttf lines and one of the greatest telltale lines ever. ''That was great grandpa Willie.. He peed on me when he was a baby'' :D
  • edited September 2012
    I realize this is slightly off topic but since we were talking about the Tannens earlier I wanted to mention a couple of things. First, I would love to meet the women who keep sleeping with these guys (especially Mad Dog), second, why are there no girl Tannens? Every new generation of Tannen is Male. It's like they have some sort of genetic defect that inhibits their production of X Chromosome sperm. Even in the Tannen Mob Rule Timeline, Biff had two siblings, both brothers.
  • I realize this is slightly off topic but since we were talking about the Tannens earlier I wanted to mention a couple of things. First, I would love to meet the women who keep sleeping with these guys (especially Mad Dog), second, why are there no girl Tannens? Every new generation of Tannen is Male. It's like they have some sort of genetic defect that inhibits their production of X Chromosome sperm. Even in the Tannen Mob Rule Timeline, Biff had two siblings, both brothers.

Those extra siblings were the only of the siblings we meet. As much as they refuse to admit it, many women are attracted to jerks and bad boys. Griff even has one in his gang. We did kind of meet Gertrude tannen (Kids mother) in part II. There was a discussion whether she's Bufords daughter or daughter in law.
    edited September 2012
    There was also a mention of a Tiff Tannen (Edna called out "Tiff Tannen!" and told her she'd call her father in 1986 at the beginning of the game). According to the commentary, Citizen Brown Jennifer was originally supposed to be Tiff Tannen, but they took all of Tiff's attributes and put them into the alternate Jen instead.
  • Trixie for me too! Bonus points because she's voiced by Michelle Hutchinson, who I think is a wonderful voice actress and seems like a really cool lady in interviews and such (I'd probably marry her if she'd have me!).

Trixie. What I've adored most about her is that GREAT accent while she speaks! Also, she's hot!

• Edna. I can see why Mr. Strickland became such a mean person and principal. She was very well written in this series. Young Doc was also an incredible addition to the series.

• I'd say that overall, he was very much like Marty. Arthur and George were nothing like Marty. They both had traits of someone being afraid of violence and confrontation (the original George was like this as we see at the start of the first movie and original 1950s George). Basically Willy (who of course didn't know that Marty was his great grandson) tells Marty that he'll give him a beating if he ever interferes with his family again. This was a bit ironic as Marty IS his family, yet this is a trait that Marty has were he stands up for himself and his family and friends. In Part 2, Marty's son of 2015 is very cowardly and obeys Bif Jr II without question. When Marty hides his future son, he tells Jr II like it is and evens punches him. This shocks everyone as Marty Jr is someone that is a coward to them.

Jennifer posted: »

infoleather wrote: » I like this role quite a bit, seems to be in the the MCFLY most like Marty; Seamus is strong-willed, but Willie seems t

• Can't go wrong with Trixie

Sign in to comment in this discussion.