bttf scene recreated in public with hidden cameras

Comments

• edited May 2012
    Lol! That was interesting. I wonder if anyone picked up the reference? :D My only gripe is in the recording at the start he says gigawatt and continues to mostly shout gigawatt, although spelled gigawatt, it's not the same unless pronounced jigawatt!
  • edited May 2012
    Lol! That was interesting. I wonder if anyone picked up the reference? :D My only gripe is in the recording at the start he says gigawatt and continues to mostly shout gigawatt, although spelled gigawatt, it's not the same unless pronounced jigawatt!

Thanks, yeah on the car journey we were having the conversation 'is it jiggawatts or giggawatts?' and thought it must be giggawatts because of giggabytes. OH WELL!
  • Thanks, yeah on the car journey we were having the conversation 'is it jiggawatts or giggawatts?' and thought it must be giggawatts because of giggabytes. OH WELL!

It actually is spelled Giggowat and the G makes the same sound as 'golf or gary' doc gets it wrong.
  • edited May 2012
    jiggawatt does sound much funnier though, that must be why they had him say it like that I reckon
  • edited May 2012
    The original pronunciation of the word dictates that the "g" does have a "j" sound. Doc actually gets it right based on the word's greek origins--but since then the widely accepted pronunciation has changed. Which is why when we talk about "gigabytes" these days, we use a "g as in giggle" sound instead of a "j" sound.

If you aren't convinced by me, check it out on Webster's Dictionary online.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/gigawatt
  • edited May 2012
    Next time you do something hidden camera related, realize that it's all about capturing the random confused onlookers reaction.

... and maybe get the line right ...

But otherwise a good idea.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.