And the winner is...

JakeJake Telltale Alumni
Remember the "What is Telltale working on" thread? There was this one post...
I have discovered the introduction to the Homestar Runner game that Telltale are making for the Wii.

*wishful thinking*

You win this round!

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    (I'm actually amazed that none of you guys recognized Max's butt scratch and heavy sigh animations in the "actual gameplay footage"... but maybe I'm just a dork.)
  • edited April 2008
    lol. That was a close one!

I just received all the Homestar Runner DVD's in the mail a couple of days ago too.
  • edited April 2008
    You guys do not realise how seriously happy I am right now.
  • edited April 2008
    :cool:
    You guys do not realise how seriously happy I am right now.
  • edited April 2008
    Hmmm... I've never heard of those guys, but I'm going through:

http://www.hrwiki.org/index.php/All_Toons

to get the hang of it. Any recommendations on where to start?
  • edited April 2008
    The strongbad emails are probably the way to go:
    http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html

Recent favorite:
    http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail179.html
  • edited April 2008
    matan wrote: »
    Hmmm... I've never heard of those guys, but I'm going through:

http://www.hrwiki.org/index.php/All_Toons

to get the hang of it. Any recommendations on where to start?

intro
    first time

They're the most obvious to start with. I also suggest to start with the older stuff and work up to the new things, simply because you'll be able to understand a lot more of the jokes that go on.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    Some of my recent favorites are the shorts "DNA evidence" and "drive-thru" - the former of which gives a pretty decent overview of the characters.

In terms of the Strong Bad emails, most of his more well known ones lean extremely on the "how-to" end, including "dragon" "techno" and "japanese cartoon"

They also have a lot of weird alternate universe versions of their characters, my favorite being the weird 1930s cartoon version, as featured nicely in "the ballad of the sneak."
  • edited April 2008
    I've been a Homestar fan for a few years now, so this is fantastic news for me.

If you're a new fan, start with the Strong Bad E-mails, as those are the highlight of the site. I'd go for "web comics", "video games", "dragon", "japanese cartoon", and "technology". (On a side note, I believe there's a subtle Sam & Max reference tucked into "rough copy"...)
  • edited April 2008
    There are a ton of inside jokes that are spawned from Strong Bad emails, so I'd sugest going through those.

The yearly Halloween toons are probably the best toons they make though (IMO)
    The fan costume commentaries are hilarious also.
  • edited April 2008
    I can't wait to see Bubbs.

Here comes the Thnikkaman! :D
  • edited April 2008
    Indeed. At some point during the series we need cameos/appearances from Stinkoman, the Thnikkaman, and everyone's favorite Burninator. Any one of those would reach unparalleled amounts of awesome.
  • edited April 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    (I'm actually amazed that none of you guys recognized Max's butt scratch and heavy sigh animations in the "actual gameplay footage"... but maybe I'm just a dork.)

I knew it looked extremely Telltalesqe but the thought of you guys actually partnering up was too awesome for my heart to hope.
  • edited April 2008
    I had a hard time explaining my Trogdor shirt to my parents last week... they just thought "burninator" was extremely bad grammar....
  • edited April 2008
    Wait, is Strong Bad Gameways going to be the intro to SBCG4AP?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    Ooze33 wrote: »
    Wait, is Strong Bad Gameways going to be the intro to SBCG4AP?

No heh. It was just a video to get people talking. We were all surprised (and happy), though, when Guybrush nailed that we were doing a Wii-bound Homestar game, and then dismissed it in the same post.
  • edited April 2008
    he he, very sneaky :P
  • edited April 2008
    "DNA evidence" reminds me of s02ep04, they both explain so much.
  • ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    I've been watching SB emails since before the scroll buttons and my smile is HUGE right now.
  • edited April 2008
    Same, Shauntron - I'm newer to H*R but just as delighted. I'm scared I'll get Max's face or something.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.