BTTF reference in latest Family Guy episode

edited June 2012 in Back to the Future
In the episode of Family Guy which aired last night (1023), Peter has another fight with the giant chicken. At one point during their fight, they go back in time via Stewie's time machine to 1885 where they ultimately end up on the DeLorean which is currently driven by Marty and en route back to the present.

Of course, BTTF references in Family Guy are always hilarious, but I thought this was a rather good one. What did other people think of it?

Comments

• edited May 2012
    Another chicken fight?! Damn it I missed it! >:(
  • edited May 2012
    I loved it! My problem however was that Stewie returned on his return pad which to my understanding returns the user to the present. Shouldn't they have needed the full time machine in Stewie's room? Ah well, fantastic reference! And one of my favorite ongoing gags.
  • edited June 2012
    R.I.P-Bill wrote: »
    I loved it! My problem however was that Stewie returned on his return pad which to my understanding returns the user to the present. Shouldn't they have needed the full time machine in Stewie's room? Ah well, fantastic reference! And one of my favorite ongoing gags.

At first it did.
    But in an later episode, Brian & Stewie traveled back in time during the events of a season 1 episode to find out where Brian burried his bone or something. They alter stuff and keep ging back to that moment (thus meeting their duplicates) multiple times. And that was with only the disk, not the machine in his room.
  • edited June 2012
    That DeLorean is pretty well animated for a one-time throwaway gag.
  • I'm wondering how long before they do a feature length BTTF spoof the way they do star wars?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.